What determins children recruitment stats?

#1CarefreeDudePosted 4/5/2013 11:37:54 AM
I've been maxing stats, only to find when I recruit a child character, they also have max stats, or near max stats. Then when I master seal them to a promoted class, they get massive stat gains, getting close to capping the promoted classes.

I'm curious, what determines what stats the children start with?
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#2DlordflashPosted 4/5/2013 11:40:08 AM(edited)
the combination of the parents stats plus the childrens default stats divided by 3 i believe

Edit:
from http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_base.html

The childrens' actual base stats = [(mother's current stats - mother's class base stats) + (father's current stats - father's class base stats) + child's absolute base stats] / 3 + child's class base stats
#3serenade696969Posted 4/5/2013 11:39:17 AM
CarefreeDude posted...
I've been maxing stats, only to find when I recruit a child character, they also have max stats, or near max stats. Then when I master seal them to a promoted class, they get massive stat gains, getting close to capping the promoted classes.

Mother and fathers stats added up divided by 3
---
Go troll elsewhere. I hear that Venuzuela is looking for a new idiot to run the country.
#4CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 11:41:08 AM
nice. Also good to see that they don't lose anything beyond caps.
---
#5jonnovision1Posted 4/5/2013 11:50:18 AM
serenade696969 posted...
CarefreeDude posted...

Mother and fathers stats added up divided by 3

it's not so simple as that, it's [(mother's current stats - mother's class base stats) + (father's current stats - father's class base stats) + child's absolute base stats] / 3 + child's class base stats
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#6DullahanEXPosted 4/5/2013 12:17:02 PM
I just got Inigo and his speed is already capped. O_o

It really was worthwhile to wait until Chapter 19 to do the paralogues.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#7CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 12:19:06 PM
Why chapter 19?
---
#8DullahanEXPosted 4/5/2013 12:43:07 PM(edited)
Mainly because I didn't stall my progress on the main game too long and parents would have better base stats for their kids at that point. I essentially got everyone to Lv 15 then started doing the paralogues.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#9KevinCCPosted 4/5/2013 1:26:09 PM
I did the ridiculous thing of waiting until both parents were at Level 20 promoted (Frederick being Second Sealed down first, but not Libra) before getting the kids (Chrom and Sully had to hit that level before Chaper 13 - DLC abuse for the win)... Donnel went to 15, then over to Merc 20/Hero 20, Olivia/Nowi/Panne just hit Level 30.

The end result is that the kids started off super, and it took me an extra 5-10 hours to complete the game (Hard/Casual). Donnel and Olivia made Inigo superb this way, Cynthia and her sister Morgan were unbeatable, Nah was the worst somehow (fathered by Stahl) but still flattened anything and everything after five levels of growth. The final boss was defeated with two rounds of Chrom-Robin and one of Lucina-Kjelle (poor Kjelle did no damage... at least she buffed Lucina's stats).
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.