Rate that Map! Day 1 - West of Ylisstol (Chapter 1) *SPOILERS eventually*

#1kaygee12Posted 4/5/2013 2:18:30 PM(edited)
Rate this map! - Results (34 votes)
A
8.82% (3 votes)
B
29.41% (10 votes)
C
41.18% (14 votes)
D
8.82% (3 votes)
E
11.76% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Crap, that should say day 2! :(

On each day, there will be one map presented, in order of appearance. Give it a letter grade, from E (lowest) to A (highest). Then we will see what each map will receive. You can grade on terrain variety, aesthetics, how the map affects strategies or even how the map influences the mood of the chapter.

Day 2: West of Ylissitol (Chapter 1)

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/West_of_Ylisstol (just made this myself today!)

16 x 16, very small. (8 units allowed in risen scrimmage.)

A lot of trees on this map, more dense on the right side. There is a crack in the earth with lava flowing through on the left side.The map takes place at night and there is much fog/smoke in the air. Forts (2) are introduced on this map. This is the first time risen and "Marth" are encountered by the party. Sully and Virion join at this map.

I will make a vote after a few votes have been submitted.

Previous Rankings
Southtown (Prologue) - B (11 votes)
---
Currently loving Fire Emblem: Awakening
#2KitoariPosted 4/5/2013 3:11:57 PM
B. Like Prologue, aesthetically good and it introduces "Marth" in a very interesting way. The forests subtly teach the player about mounted unit's aversion to them, as well as how nice forts are.

Oh, and how archers are terrible.
#3Rockman47Posted 4/5/2013 3:21:03 PM
Its a decent map and as Kitori said, it teaches you the increased movement impediment of requiring two move to on and its not like, "Megaman, Megaman those tr-"
"Shut up! We can figure it out, we don't need you!"
---
The end is only the beginning.
Forget the past, focus on the present, but always remember there is a future.
#4Is_CorruptedPosted 4/5/2013 3:44:14 PM
C.

It has terrain and does its job at providing good places to intercept the enemies. The chapter is really straightforward. While I think it's good, I'm not a fan of "free fort right next to an enemy right on first turn" free strategies.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#5RoyMaster4Posted 4/5/2013 3:47:46 PM
It's good at teaching good use of terrain, but I don't like starting in the woods forcing you in what could be a bad position at the start. I'll give it a C.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
Pokemon White FC: 1420-6147-6059
#6EnlinoPosted 4/5/2013 3:54:05 PM
D. It's an introduction to Awakening's popular "Sit on the best terrain you can and let the enemy come to you" strategy. Bad design, but it gets a pass for being an early level.
#7kaygee12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 5:19:05 PM
Bump for more votes and discussion.
---
#8kaygee12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 8:08:24 PM
El Bumpo!
---
#9kaygee12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:49:19 AM
Currently a very close race between B & C. Bump for more votes!
---