Using Anna (and by extension, Frederick)

#1DarkTelepathPosted 4/6/2013 6:36:09 AM
Is it worth using Anna?

She starts at a promoted class, and like every other FE, you should never use classes that come already promoted. But a lot of topics have people using her, so I'm not sure. But if using Anna is okay... then using Freddie is okay as well? He's the Jagen of the game, you never use him.

Is it because you can fight random encounters, so it doesn't matter if they soak up XP, since there's always more XP from random battles?
---
"I have an idea. It starts with 's' and ends with 'litting their throats.'"
~Belkar from The Order of the Stick
#2DemiseEndPosted 4/6/2013 6:41:47 AM
The idea of using Jagen is bad is so 2007
How time have changed

Frederick is easilly one of the best unit in the game unless you go for min maxing and stuff
Also try playing Lunatic without Frederick

As for Anna, she can Rescue Staff at least, and a good early game Rescue Staff at that
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#3soma2035Posted 4/6/2013 6:45:58 AM
DarkTelepath posted...
Is it worth using Anna?

She starts at a promoted class, and like every other FE, you should never use classes that come already promoted. But a lot of topics have people using her, so I'm not sure. But if using Anna is okay... then using Freddie is okay as well? He's the Jagen of the game, you never use him.

Is it because you can fight random encounters, so it doesn't matter if they soak up XP, since there's always more XP from random battles?

First of all, it's not true that you should never use classes that come already promoted. In every game of the series I've played, there have been prepromotes worth using.

FE7 - Marcus is decent, amazing on HHM. Pent is decent. Harken is decent, and amazing on HHM. Hawkeye's a berserker.
FE8 - Seth can solo the entire game, basically.
FE10 - Sothe is amazing early game, decent lategame, and gets a free character slot in the final few levels. Most of the good units are prepromotes, seeing as the bulk of the Greil Mercs come promoted.

Second of all, using Frederick effectively is absolutely critical in Lunatic or Lunatic+. You aren't beating the first couple levels without him. After that, he's still a viable unit through the rest of the game if you want to use him.

Finally... Anna is actually not that valuable of a unit. If you're not grinding and don't use Lissa often enough, she makes a decent healer, but that's about it honestly.
---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption,that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
#4DemiseEndPosted 4/6/2013 6:51:16 AM
Marcus is decent, amazing on HHM. Pent is decent. Harken is decent

Marcus is pretty much a Game Breaker. He is nowhere near decent....
Pent is like the best Sage in the game
Harken has like the best combat in the game
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#5DullahanEXPosted 4/6/2013 7:04:03 AM(edited)
I'm using Fred in my main party and he's one of the best characters right now.

Anna's pretty decent too, honestly you won't go wrong with using anyone in this game.

Even Virion as mediocre as he is.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#6soren013Posted 4/6/2013 7:04:43 AM
Anna was ok, but I only used her for a few levels since I had enough other characters I was training on Hard. Since it was only Hard mode, I was able to get by with Fred either never attacking or maybe only once or twice. I know I took his weapons pretty early on. Excluding the really late game pre-premotes (who have quite good stats), I found Say'ri to be the most useful of the prepremotes, but Lon'qu was absolutely RNG screwed in my game, so that helped sway the decision. I think he only had 2 more speed than her and was inferior in every other stat.
---
Eric in Tellius
0602-9759-0348
#7PKRockin531Posted 4/6/2013 7:08:24 AM
I want to smack whoever came up with the mindset that prepromos shouldn't be used.

Do these people just not use Seth, Titania, Marcus, Pent, Harken, Sirius or any of the extremely long list of prepromos that can carry you through basically any FE? The guys who, even if you train their equivalent unpromoted character(like Franz or Erk or something), will still be better?

Frederick on Normal can probably carry you through the game, take you a little over 3/4ths on Hard, and take you halfway on Lunatic(this is without any grinding)

Anna and later Libra are your best staff users, since they're durable and have amazing base stats for things like Rescue/Physic/etc.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#8silverheart123Posted 4/6/2013 7:12:19 AM
anna is my strogest..plus she looks sexy as an assasian
---
FC:5241 3262 4933 plz message me if u add me!
#9DullahanEXPosted 4/6/2013 7:26:04 AM(edited)
soren013 posted...
Anna was ok, but I only used her for a few levels since I had enough other characters I was training on Hard. Since it was only Hard mode, I was able to get by with Fred either never attacking or maybe only once or twice. I know I took his weapons pretty early on. Excluding the really late game pre-premotes (who have quite good stats), I found Say'ri to be the most useful of the prepremotes, but Lon'qu was absolutely RNG screwed in my game, so that helped sway the decision. I think he only had 2 more speed than her and was inferior in every other stat.

You should really consider re classing Fred once he hits Lv 15 as GK into a Knight then master him back to GK. He's really amazing once some leg room is gotten.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#10SnarfAndSophiePosted 4/6/2013 7:23:51 AM
Ever since FE6 most of prepromotes have been gdlike.

Percy, Marcus, Pent, Harken, Seth, Saleh, Titania, Geoffrey, FE10 Sothe, Fredrick.

Even lesser ones like Vaida and Calill are still very good
---
GT: SnarfBoyWonder