Using Anna (and by extension, Frederick)

#11HodouPosted 4/6/2013 8:55:49 AM
I almost always use Anna, tbh. Her stats are really good for when she joins, and even in Lunatic she can hold her own. Also, I'm not sure if it actually works this way, but changing her class to a first-tier class (Mage, usually) SEEMS to make her level faster. I think it reduces her internal level by 10, was the idea?

Anyway she's a bit better than most people give her credit for and is probably my favorite Sage option.
#12DarkTelepath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 9:44:52 AM
PKRockin531 posted...
I want to smack whoever came up with the mindset that prepromos shouldn't be used.

Do these people just not use Seth, Titania, Marcus, Pent, Harken, Sirius or any of the extremely long list of prepromos that can carry you through basically any FE? The guys who, even if you train their equivalent unpromoted character(like Franz or Erk or something), will still be better?

Frederick on Normal can probably carry you through the game, take you a little over 3/4ths on Hard, and take you halfway on Lunatic(this is without any grinding)

Anna and later Libra are your best staff users, since they're durable and have amazing base stats for things like Rescue/Physic/etc.

I always figured the idea behind that was they're nothing more than XP sponges. So they'll kill a unit and get 10xp, while a unit that is that equal level to the enemy will get 30-50xp.

So I'll see about using Freddie and Anna. Not sure who they'll replace, since I've gotten a lot of supports going. But if they're they that good, then maybe the magic murder team of MU and Muriel will have to be broken up.
---
"I have an idea. It starts with 's' and ends with 'litting their throats.'"
~Belkar from The Order of the Stick
#13RDS1Posted 4/6/2013 9:52:30 AM
Personally, I don't really use Anna for anything except a spare Locktouch unit, and since I don't play Lunatic, I can get away with not using Frederick. That said, there's a certain prepromote who joins about halfway through the game who I always use.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#14SazukeEXPosted 4/6/2013 9:57:29 AM(edited)
You can use anyone on Normal/Hard and early on in Lunatic/+ Frederick is mandatory.

And if you have DLC you can grind anyone to usable anyway save the final DLC stuff due to certain character missing certain class/skill sets and caps.

Course Pairing up a Swordmaster with anyone will make them double almost everything no matter their advanced class. >_>
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#15VirusLordPosted 4/6/2013 10:07:35 AM
Frederick is vital for early Lunatic Mode, but... well, bear in mind that PEMN, but after he reached level 15 I reclassed him to Paladin, and he rapidly became unusable. His speed was the lowest out of my group and he couldn't avoid getting doubled, and all of his other stats were too mediocre to make him usable. No regrets about dropping him.

I've found Anna to be very useful for being able to pick locks and being so much better than Gaius at that point in the game. She's also pretty wicked with a Levin Sword while she's still a Trickster.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#16Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/6/2013 10:07:56 AM
SnarfAndSophie posted...

Even lesser ones like Vaida and Calill are still very good

Agreed.

Vaida was what you would call a "true Wyvern lord", unlike Heath (which had meh DEF, which is bad considering his class), and she'd turn out great if her SPD goes up enough times.

Calill was pretty much the 3rd best mage/sage in PoR (She beat the crap out of Tormod and Bastian). If only she didn't use daggers... Still, she's reliable enough.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#17PKRockin531Posted 4/6/2013 10:09:02 AM
Vaida on HM takes like 6 damage from Snipers just because of her hilariously boosted Def. She didn't even need the Delphi Shield for the most part.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#18SazukeEXPosted 4/6/2013 10:12:01 AM
VirusLord posted...
Frederick is vital for early Lunatic Mode, but... well, bear in mind that PEMN, but after he reached level 15 I reclassed him to Paladin, and he rapidly became unusable. His speed was the lowest out of my group and he couldn't avoid getting doubled, and all of his other stats were too mediocre to make him usable. No regrets about dropping him.

I've found Anna to be very useful for being able to pick locks and being so much better than Gaius at that point in the game. She's also pretty wicked with a Levin Sword while she's still a Trickster.

He is a Jagen. I still have him around for pair ups but I do drop him later on in Lunatic when I have more up to date options and he's too much effort to level unless I DLC grind him which would make anyone good. I prefer to keep the DLC grinding for data's I will toss out after supports and my TSON file is already at Endgame so DLC is the only thing left for me to screw with when I'm not doing supports on other files.

Anna's lack of meaningful supports really ruins her potential though. If we went for Gaius vs Anna than Gaius has her beat in spades unless you decide not to level Gaius.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#19DemiseEndPosted 4/6/2013 10:13:52 AM
Good example of why exp stealing "logic" is stupid

Marth is an EXP hog
Marth is an EXP thief, on the level that Seth looks normal in comparison
Having Marth on the field give you unit 2 choice, have Marth steal their EXP, or they get nothing. Simple as that

So, because of all of that, Marth is bottom tier.

Yeah sure, the best character in the game is bottom tier. Thats funny

Or a rather simpler one

Sheeda One Turn Kill 90% of the map in the game, including the Finale
She is a crappy character because every other unit did not get EXP that way
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#20lDPlPosted 4/6/2013 10:16:23 AM
As it's been said, Fred is essential for Lunatic/+; you're simply not beating the early chapters without him.

That being said, any unit can become good with infinite level ups and Fred is no exception if you want to grind him up with Second Seals. His bases are crap when compared to other promoted (and level 10ish unpromoted units...) and he'll take a lot longer to level than your other units since his internal level is already high.
---
Mmm, this jerked chicken is good. I think I'll have Fry's lower horn jerked.
It's used to it! Woooo!