Never Played Fire Emblem - few questions

#1NorionGamerPosted 4/7/2013 7:31:05 AM
Hi there, never played fire emblem before and just wanted to ask:

1. What is the story like in these sort of games, is it engaging or rather a secondary feature? (previous story i found engaging for example was tales of vesperia)
1.b - Is there voice acting in this game?

2. What is the longevity of this game like; if i complete the story, can i keep playing and finding new things?

3. How hard is this game? By this i mean, i understand there is a lot of tactical fighting involved, and does that continue throughout or is there a stage where i can make my characters stupidly overpowered and loose said difficulty.

Thanks for any response given, im hoping to give this game a try so any help is appreciated!
---
Virtue is bold, and goodness never fearful.
#2fireemblemomegaPosted 4/7/2013 7:36:32 AM
NorionGamer posted...
Hi there, never played fire emblem before and just wanted to ask:

1. What is the story like in these sort of games, is it engaging or rather a secondary feature? (previous story i found engaging for example was tales of vesperia)
1.b - Is there voice acting in this game?

2. What is the longevity of this game like; if i complete the story, can i keep playing and finding new things?

3. How hard is this game? By this i mean, i understand there is a lot of tactical fighting involved, and does that continue throughout or is there a stage where i can make my characters stupidly overpowered and loose said difficulty.

Thanks for any response given, im hoping to give this game a try so any help is appreciated!

The story is engaging for sure. Yes there's some voice acting but outside of some clips of voices, don't expect everyone to have a full range.

The longevity is all up to you. Renown stacks so if you want to just use your first party to build it for those sweet rewards for a second playthrough, you can easily put in up to 70 hours on one file.

Grinding is all up to you. If you do a lot, then the game becomes easy (outside of DLC). If you don't do any grinding you'll find a fluid, not too hard (until Lunatic) difficulty mood.
---
There is no greater challenge than beating the limits you set on yourself.