Worst of their Class Day 3: Fighter/Warrior

#21heavylobsterguy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 6:40:35 PM
In 3-4 level ups Bartre only has 4-5 speed, which is still worse than Dorcas. Bartre is to busy getting doubled by archers, brigands, and mercenaries in hard mode to gain any level ups any way. Not to mention that if Bartre tries to use a steel axe his speed plummets even more.

Dorcas is at least your 3rd most durable unit early on and he doesn't get doubled by anything that looks at him. He can even use a steel axe without much trouble.
---
The official Slime of the Super Smash Bros Wii U Boards
You know what they say, the more the merrier!
#22Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/7/2013 6:54:45 PM(edited)
heavylobsterguy posted...
In 3-4 level ups Bartre only has 4-5 speed, which is still worse than Dorcas. Bartre is to busy getting doubled by archers, brigands, and mercenaries in hard mode to gain any level ups any way. Not to mention that if Bartre tries to use a steel axe his speed plummets even more.

Dorcas is at least your 3rd most durable unit early on and he doesn't get doubled by anything that looks at him. He can even use a steel axe without much trouble.

LOL@using a steel axe with fighter Bartre. That's a bad idea in all cases, even if he's leveled to like 10-15 fighter.

Sure, Dorcas is durable, at the beginning, but he will fall behind so fast with those growths. It's not that hard to level Bartre anyways. It's the same as if you were leveling up any other low level new recruit. As in, soften up with a higher level character (that won't outright kill that enemy, which is pretty much anyone that isn't Hector/Marcus), then have him move in for the kill. I didn't have any issues with that, even on HHM.

Bottom line, you really can't say Bartre is bad (which he isn't) without saying Dorcas is bad too. Dorcas really should be on the poll.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#23KevinCCPosted 4/7/2013 7:08:21 PM
Ymir (FE11) because you have to massacre your army to reach him, and I just don't -do- that.
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
#24heavylobsterguy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 7:09:20 PM
Why are we even having this argument anyway? The only Warrior worth using in Blazing Sword is Geitz.
---
The official Slime of the Super Smash Bros Wii U Boards
You know what they say, the more the merrier!
#25Smash MasterPosted 4/7/2013 9:53:57 PM
Oh god, Marty so hard. The SA LP turned him into god, but it took massive scroll abuse. Without that... yeah, Marty.
---
This is a sig, woo.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/If_They_Were/index.php?act=idx
#26Cheesepower5Posted 4/7/2013 10:01:05 PM
I trained Bartre to 20/20 once. He didn't gain SPD. At all.
---
Official Naga Raja of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
Official King Marth of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Board
#27Pitbuller_26Posted 4/7/2013 10:36:47 PM
I voted for Ward, he's literally outclassed by every other axe user in his game with no hope for being better than them. Bartre can at least gain speed. Marty has that early game capturing when enemies can't dodge worth a damn.

FE11 Ymir has a pretty good case for being voted the worst since that means you probably had to kill Barst or some other person who is better than Ymir at using axes.
---
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1749.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png
#28Grammar_manPosted 4/8/2013 3:17:54 AM
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
heavylobsterguy posted...

LOL@using a steel axe with fighter Bartre. That's a bad idea in all cases, even if he's leveled to like 10-15 fighter.

Sure, Dorcas is durable, at the beginning, but he will fall behind so fast with those growths. It's not that hard to level Bartre anyways. It's the same as if you were leveling up any other low level new recruit. As in, soften up with a higher level character (that won't outright kill that enemy, which is pretty much anyone that isn't Hector/Marcus), then have him move in for the kill. I didn't have any issues with that, even on HHM.

Bottom line, you really can't say Bartre is bad (which he isn't) without saying Dorcas is bad too. Dorcas really should be on the poll.

Bartre is not beating Dorcas for speed until after promotion, and Dorcas has a level lead.

It's like Ross vs Garcia. Garcia squashes Ross forever, until Ross finally catches up when Garcia is past level 5 promoted. And by that time? You have better Axemen to use(Gerik/Duessel in FE8, lol Geitz in FE7 or Hawkeye in FE7). Bartre is better when fully leveled than Dorcas? Great. Too bad he's not good in the part of the game where Dorcas actually is quite nice, and when you would drop Docas for another axe user? Then Bartre goes away too.

Dorcas>Bartre. If you put Dorcas on this poll, you have to put Garcia there as well, and that's laughable.
#29Supah1337Posted 4/8/2013 3:49:03 AM
Whenever I actually used bartre he turned out to make a deadly warrior, but my dorcas always sucked to the point I'd never use him
---
Currently Playing: FE: Awakening, Etrian Odyssey 4, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Currently want: SMT: Soul Hackers
#30Grammar_manPosted 4/9/2013 3:03:22 AM
Dorcas will always have a good/decent earlygame. Bartre has a bad earlygame, and a noticeably below average lategame.

Hard Mode Geitz also laughs at Bartre long and hard.