Is Frederick worth using?

#1VioletZer0Posted 4/7/2013 2:59:46 PM
I just got the game. Been burned too many times by crappy bodyguards to just throw him into fights like the last time.

Is he any good?
#2boarbaquePosted 4/7/2013 3:01:07 PM
He is NEEDED the first few chapters of Lunatic.
#3Misha-HeartPosted 4/7/2013 3:02:02 PM
If you're a smart player, he's great on Normal and Hard, given how easy they are.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#4TehTrumpCardPosted 4/7/2013 3:02:10 PM
Yes!

He's your best bet for beating Chapters Prologue-4 without losing a party memeber on any difficulty.

While he is outclassed later on by your other characters because of Master Sealing, giving him the same grinding via Second Seals as you give anyone else will once again make him one of your best units.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/durrhubba
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#5SwampertOwnsPosted 4/7/2013 3:02:17 PM
I found that if you reclass him into a Wyvern Rider as soon as you can, he makes for a good unit.
---
Truth is exclusive by nature, for if it accepts non-truth, it nulls itself and the very concept of truth. Absolute truth cannot 'coexist' or 'tolerate.' Fiat.
#6CaptainlunaticPosted 4/7/2013 3:03:18 PM
In my experience with Classic/hard first time playing he's pretty useful to have until around midway through the game, that's where the other characters started to do better than him in general but that's just for me.

It's a good idea to keep him for the start of the game as a safety net in case you need it.
---
Tada! I'm a tomato!
#7Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/7/2013 3:06:54 PM
Yes, he is. IF you grind (this game has grinding btw). His exp gain will be complete CRAP until you fight some higher level enemies, and even then, they'll be too powerful for him at that point. It's best to just fight some low level skirmishes to level him up, and try not to use him too much early on (you will have to use him on Lunatic though).

He will get past his crappy base stats once he gets like 10-15 levels under his belt. Change him into a Paladin once you get him to level 16 as a Great Knight (second seals are needed class changes), so he can pick up Aegis (a skill that halves tome, bow and dragonstone damage. SKL Stat = %). From there, he should be fine, though I'd change him to General for Pavise, which haves axe/sword/lance/beaststone damage (again, SKL = %).
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#8lDPlPosted 4/7/2013 3:08:35 PM
Don't use him on Normal or Hard. He'll turn out good when you have access to Seals and can grind him forever but he'll take longer to bring up to par than other characters; no point in wasting time on him unless you really like him.

In Lunatic/+ he's essential.
---
Mmm, this jerked chicken is good. I think I'll have Fry's lower horn jerked.
It's used to it! Woooo!
#9LurkerkillerPosted 4/7/2013 3:08:41 PM
Misha-Heart posted...
If you're a smart player, he's great on Normal and Hard, given how easy they are.

Hes actually pretty useless and takes exp for no real reason outside of early pairup bonus on those modes unless you are going for a LTC run.

Normally what I do on even hard mode is just take his Silver Lance so he doesn't even have a chance at dual strike activating and just use him for pairup early on. Then ditch him after like chapter 5.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#10DemiseEndPosted 4/7/2013 3:11:29 PM
Considering the pathetic mode that is Hard, Fred is easilly one of the best character in the game
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it