The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why do people treat Limit Break as something to equip permanently on everyone if

#1PikachuPosted 4/7/2013 8:08:45 PM(edited)
TSON is the only map in the game that will require it, and putting it on units like optimized children would trivialize everything else (even further in some cases)? Of course, this is for when you want to play the maps to enjoy the challenge rather than breezing through them for whatever reason. All the other unreleased maps (except P22 if one of your units has it) will have enemies with normal stat caps, except one boss on Border between Life and Death who isn't that overpowered either.

The Streetpass metagame will be forced to adapt to it, so that's already a given. I can also see it having applications in buffing base class stat caps if you wanted to, and obviously grinding through certain maps, but putting it even on someone like Olivia as a Dancer seems unfair because that makes her stat cap total significantly exceed that of Grandmasters. It can be more balanced out by not allowing the unit to gain too many levels until they hit level 20 and/or using permanent stat boost items, and you can personally judge how useful, pointless, or cumbersome (like when compared to All Stats +2) that would be for things like the infinite Armsthrift gimmick.

The thing is though, I've yet to see anyone say that they're not planning on maxing out all their post-Limit Break statcaps. There's no lowering post-Limit Break stats once they're raised. It's common to see people not list any alternative skills to Limit Break when posting skillsets for characters like children, even when they're already fantastic or lacking in other decent options. That's what confuses me, so I'm not sure if I'm being naive right now.

Also, I used these links to figure out the boss/enemy levels.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/boss_dlc_l.html
http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Awakening_Enemy_Data

tl;dr: Only one DLC map in the game is designed around you having Limit Break, it's complete overkill especially in addition to already broken skillsets.
---
Pika!
#2pizzaman95Posted 4/7/2013 7:28:45 PM
Because it's basically All Stats +10 in the long run.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#3lucariofan23Posted 4/7/2013 7:32:14 PM(edited)
pizzaman95 posted...

this.

and how did you get that username TC? Especially so recently. o_O
---
Name: trev. :}
3DS FC -- 0559-7269-5928
#4serenade696969Posted 4/7/2013 7:32:35 PM
lucariofan23 posted...
pizzaman95 posted...

this.

---
Go troll elsewhere. I hear that Venuzuela is looking for a new idiot to run the country.
#5serenade696969Posted 4/7/2013 7:33:14 PM
lucariofan23 posted...
pizzaman95 posted...

this.

maybe no one had the name before hand but people thought oh someone else mightve had that they did try and tc did?
---
Go troll elsewhere. I hear that Venuzuela is looking for a new idiot to run the country.
#6Pikachu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 7:35:48 PM
pizzaman95 posted...

Okay...and? Like I said, wouldn't that make everything but TSON a complete joke? I can't tell if you guys read anything besides the title.
---
Pika!
#7Sirian_HawkPosted 4/7/2013 7:36:35 PM
lucariofan23 posted...
pizzaman95 posted...

this.

He may have created the account earlier. The creation dates aren't always accurate for some reason. Mine for example says 2008, but I know I had it before then. I don't remember the exact date I made it, but it was definitely before 2008. It might change the date if you are inactive for awhile or something, I don't know.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#8pizzaman95Posted 4/7/2013 7:37:00 PM
Pikachu posted...
Like I said, wouldn't that make everything but TSON a complete joke?

A lot of things make this game a joke, based off what I've read.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#9NatatteruPosted 4/7/2013 7:37:30 PM
pizzaman95 posted...

Okay...and? Like I said, wouldn't that make everything but TSON a complete joke? I can't tell if you guys read anything besides the title.

Oh, I dunno, people like having the best units possible? Which wouldn't be possible without Limit Breaker since it's an obligatory skill for every unit for that purpose?
---
Official Swordmaster and everything Say'ri of the Fire Emblem Awakening board.
PSN: NatatBW P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - 3s: Makoto - ST/AE12: Cammy - MBAA: H-VSion
#10bearclaw13Posted 4/7/2013 7:38:37 PM
Pikachu posted...
pizzaman95 posted...

It's all optimization. Having +10 to caps is ,"optional" and thus limit break is amazing.
---
It's game time.