Why do people treat Limit Break as something to equip permanently on everyone if

#11RedMageKirbyPosted 4/7/2013 8:42:28 PM
Pikachu posted...
pizzaman95 posted...
Because it's basically All Stats +10 in the long run.

Okay...and? Like I said, wouldn't that make everything but TSON a complete joke? I can't tell if you guys read anything besides the title.

I get what you're saying, but optimized sets are designed by nature to trivialize as much as they can. Not to mention an 'optimized' set generally consists mainly of Galeforce, an Activation skill, and then several fillers. Limit Break is pretty much the best 'filler' skill imaginable. It's not very fun, though, and I can think of a few sets that would be better off without it.

Also, half the board is terrible at skillsets and thinks that All Stats + 2 is one of the best skills, so they're obviously going to go crazy over Limit Break
---
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#12IlluminaZer0Posted 4/7/2013 8:44:30 PM(edited)
The posters whom post skill set-ups and parent are generally min-maxers, so it's natural they will post builds that have Limit Breaker equipped.

RedMageKirby posted...
Also, half the board is terrible at skillsets and thinks that All Stats + 2 is one of the best skills, so they're obviously going to go crazy over Limit Break

This too.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#13tw1g_007Posted 4/7/2013 8:44:50 PM
I have already broken the game on Lunatic+ prior to limit breaker so this topic is pointless.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#14SazukeEXPosted 4/7/2013 8:46:02 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
I have already broken the game on Lunatic+ prior to limit breaker so this topic is pointless.

Pshaw.

I'll break it even harder WITH Limit Breaker.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA~!!!
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#15EnfusionistPosted 4/7/2013 9:05:37 PM
Limit Break is pretty good when compared to many other Skills, though I would like to point out that if a character has a large pool of "focus-oriented" skills (Super high avoid, Rally Criers, etc) then of course Limit Break can be replaced.

However when it comes to just pure damage, speed, defense and skill activation, Limit Break is very optimal for any character who can afford putting it in their skill list.

As you mentioned, it is sometimes almost necessary for optimizing a StreetPass team, which is one of my ultimate goals. Therefore, I would use the skill extensively.
#16Pikachu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:07:00 PM
RedMageKirby posted...
I get what you're saying, but optimized sets are designed by nature to trivialize as much as they can. Not to mention an 'optimized' set generally consists mainly of Galeforce, an Activation skill, and then several fillers. Limit Break is pretty much the best 'filler' skill imaginable. It's not very fun, though, and I can think of a few sets that would be better off without it.

That's another reason why I made this topic. Since all the postgame maps besides TSON are designed around normal caps, it isn't even hard to strip most of the intended difficulty with optimized children. For example, I'm sure some of you guys self imposed a restriction on Nosferatu because of how mindlessly abusable it is on everything besides Lunatic+. Limit Break goes too far though.

tw1g_007 posted...

Why would this invalidate anything I said? No really, I'm confused here.
---
Pika!
#17tw1g_007Posted 4/7/2013 9:23:40 PM
Pikachu posted...
RedMageKirby posted...

That's another reason why I made this topic. Since all the postgame maps besides TSON are designed around normal caps, it isn't even hard to strip most of the intended difficulty with optimized children. For example, I'm sure some of you guys self imposed a restriction on Nosferatu because of how mindlessly abusable it is on everything besides Lunatic+. Limit Break goes too far though.

tw1g_007 posted...

Why would this invalidate anything I said? No really, I'm confused here.

It's called "Logic". If I have already trivialized everything in the game besides TSON I am yet to play then equipping limit breaker on my units wouldn't make much of a difference. Even taking the hardest possible enemies prior to TSON which is lunatic+ skirmishes, nothing in the entire game can survive multiple galeforce onslaughts. This is completely doable without limit breaker which is funny to me.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#18tw1g_007Posted 4/7/2013 9:29:21 PM
Let me also add that pre limit breaker, maxed stats for Lunatic difficulties and below already make enemies a complete joke. Seriously you don't even need limit breaker even for Lunatic+ standards since you will get killed regardless with the stupid amount of counter units everywhere if you play carelessly.
---
#19Pikachu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:56:37 PM(edited)
tw1g_007 posted...
It's called "Logic". If I have already trivialized everything in the game besides TSON I am yet to play then equipping limit breaker on my units wouldn't make much of a difference. Even taking the hardest possible enemies prior to TSON which is lunatic+ skirmishes, nothing in the entire game can survive multiple galeforce onslaughts. This is completely doable without limit breaker which is funny to me.

Let me also add that pre limit breaker, maxed stats for Lunatic difficulties and below already make enemies a complete joke. Seriously you don't even need limit breaker even for Lunatic+ standards since you will get killed regardless with the stupid amount of counter units everywhere if you play carelessly.

I still have no idea how massive of a difference LB will make, but I do agree with everything else. I remember expecting the Lunatic postgame to be capable of posing more of a challenge even with statcapped children, but am finding it disappointing so far because of how comparable the RaR maps seem to be with the unreleased 4/5 star season 2 maps. Mostly my fault though.

So the majority of people in this topic so far care about being able to breeze through the postgame more easily, because of how you can already trivialize it with little effort? I thought more people wanted the game to pose at least somewhat of a challenge for aftergame maps like Future of Despair 1-3, especially if they're shelling money for more maps.
---
didn't edit this post to save face, nope, not at all
#20MforzPosted 4/7/2013 10:15:18 PM
Um...because without those +10 stats other streetpass people/tson units that have LB will pwn u?