Why do people treat Limit Break as something to equip permanently on everyone if

#21Huff n puff 20Posted 4/7/2013 9:19:44 PM
Mforz posted...
tson units that have LB

TSON enemies don't have Limit Break. They have +30 Mods. They don't waste a skill slot to have high Stats-- they get their high stats and 5 skills to smash you with. You need to counter that though or you will die.

Streetpass teams with LB are beatable without LB. Pair Up counters the advantage that the LB'rs have.

As a note: Average Capped Stats before LB hover around 40. With LB they're 50. That's a 25% difference, and it's on EVERYTHING. LB is easily the most powerful skill in the entire game.
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#22RDS1Posted 4/7/2013 9:21:34 PM
I treat it as something to permanently equip on everyone because I enjoy playing the game that way. That's about all I can say, really. If I want challenge, there's nothing stopping me from just making another file and starting over again, so why shouldn't I be allowed to make a file where my characters are as strong as they can be?
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#23IlluminaZer0Posted 4/7/2013 9:24:45 PM
Pikachu posted...
...So the majority of people care about being able to breeze through the postgame more easily, because of how you can already trivialize it with little effort? I thought more people wanted the game to pose at least somewhat of a challenge for aftergame maps like Future of Despair 1-3, especially if they're shelling money for more maps.

It's pretty common to see posters that read guides, grind with DLC, and copy-paste builds from other min-maxers... Only to later complain that the game is overly easy.

Really the issue is on the inherent ambiguity of word "people." And if you are just talking about that subset of min-maxers, then the same can be said for any style of play. Obviously this doesn't apply to all people.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#24PK_GamingPosted 4/7/2013 9:25:32 PM
lucariofan23 posted...
pizzaman95 posted...
Because it's basically All Stats +10 in the long run.

this.

and how did you get that username TC? Especially so recently. o_O

he's a mod

and yes TC, its largely superfluous. It pretty much makes that one DLC map significantly easier to beat.
---
Everything that bores me has gotta go!
~Yosuke
#25MforzPosted 4/7/2013 9:33:31 PM
Mmm....lets se...

TSON units have stats around 60-70 right?And pavise+ and aegis+ and all the sick enemies only skills...k,so lets say your units are around 40 with their best stat(s) at 50...with limit breaker they become around 50 with the best hitting 60.....plus +2 cause tonics...plus +6 in everything thanks to a rally spectrum/heart user and add in 3 other rallys to that character for more stats...then the pair up stats and the dual guard/attack probability.........in the end your team sounds extremely overpowered...but they are too....OH MAN I CANT WAIT.
#26Pikachu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:54:39 PM
RDS1 posted...
I treat it as something to permanently equip on everyone because I enjoy playing the game that way. That's about all I can say, really. If I want challenge, there's nothing stopping me from just making another file and starting over again, so why shouldn't I be allowed to make a file where my characters are as strong as they can be?

There's nothing wrong with that playing that way if it means you enjoy the game more, because that's the main thing that matters. You're right though, I probably should just be making more files and replaying the main story, rather than maxing out characters while taking maps other than TSON into excessive consideration. I was just wondering what the board thought because there's people who wanted to buy the DLC solely for the challenge, and I overhyped how difficult they'd be because of my lack of knowledge.

IlluminaZer0 posted...
Pikachu posted...
...So the majority of people care about being able to breeze through the postgame more easily, because of how you can already trivialize it with little effort? I thought more people wanted the game to pose at least somewhat of a challenge for aftergame maps like Future of Despair 1-3, especially if they're shelling money for more maps.

It's pretty common to see posters that read guides, grind with DLC, and copy-paste builds from other min-maxers... Only to later complain that the game is overly easy.

Really the issue is on the inherent ambiguity of word "people." And if you are just talking about that subset of min-maxers, then the same can be said for any style of play. Obviously this doesn't apply to all people.

I don't know why I was so vague with the wording there, whoops. I meant the people who had posted in this topic up to that point. Didn't mean to come off as pretentious, especially since there's only a small sample size here.
---
Pika!
#27SuperSonicDBZPosted 4/7/2013 10:16:22 PM
Well, TSON needs it and I'm sure it won't hurt on those Lunatic (+) runs that some people might get the nerve to do eventually. (Me and the new to FE crew).

Personally, I want to put it on ANY character that gets Armsthrift. Why? Everyone's luck gets into the 40's. With LB, everyone with Armsthrift can hit that golden 50 luck number meaning that they can use any weapon without any durability. For me, that has TONS of usefulness alone.

There are some other DLC stages where having LB will help too. The 5 Anna's one where you have to rescue all 5 without using Rescue with special "block the way" enemies. Then there is the 1 HP on X tile map. I don't even know what to expect from that.

Also, I'm going to put it on some characters who I would rather keep their original look/default class but can't otherwise because of the stat cap. For example. Henry's design is cool, but I normally Master Seal him as soon as I get him. But he looks silly as a Sorcerer. And Generic in every class he can go to. Same with Gregor. So? Pop on Limit Breaker and maybe All stats +2 and they can keep their original look yet kick butt in all but the hardest stages.

Will I use it on every character? HEY to the NO. I won't put it on characters like Panne who I just don't use. I don't think it's a must for every character, but if you can grind the stage like a boss there is no Downside to putting it on. I consider the same for all stats + 2 though. Just my personal opinion on the skill and how I'll be using it.

But first, it has to come out and I have to see if I can grind it like I want too. R&R 1 was hard because heroes just have to suck but R&R 2 was easier ('cause the villains held their weight).
---
If it is short and has a light saber, then you need to get the **** outta there!!!
Yoda in Soul Calibur IV; Sonic w/ Beam Sword in Super Smash Bros Brawl.
#28parKb5Posted 4/8/2013 2:06:49 AM
The thing I don't understand is everyone plays on Lunatic or Lunatic + because the other modes aren't challenging and they want a challenge!

Along comes a skill that beefs up their units and they want it to make the game easier.

What?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#29McFastlyPosted 4/8/2013 3:07:28 AM
Trust me, Limit Break isn't making TSON a joke. At all. The enemies stats are almost trumping your S support Children while paired up, and then there's Anna.
---
"I, as it happens, am an archer! ....The archest of archers in fact."
The official Henry of all the boards
#30Shadow_Master_JPosted 4/8/2013 3:44:38 AM
McFastly posted...
Trust me, Limit Break isn't making TSON a joke. At all. The enemies stats are almost trumping your S support Children while paired up, and then there's Anna.

Oh that 65% chance Aether is so sexy. I seriously miss Nihil here... Anna is only to be fought on Casual (unless you don't care losing one or two units you spent so much time on.) Also, beating her doesn't give Katarina, IIRC, and I'm only going to clear TSON once.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!