Why do people treat Limit Break as something to equip permanently on everyone if

#41legendriderPosted 4/8/2013 11:39:49 AM
someonewhodied posted...
Yup, Anna gets that 65% Aether.

They should have just given her lethality instead =|

Well either way with limit break and forged waste/celica's gale and pairing up with an A/S ranked brave weapon user, you have no reason to lose.

Yeah but she get's

Dragonskin
also vantage+

When she has a spear equipped, she's attacking 1st all the time.

Using physical attacks will get you killed because of counter.

It'll be extremely difficult

65% aether activation
along with a brave lance
and a spear for long range

Then Dragonskin to reduce all damage

Then Counter so you can't physical attack.

Nasty.

and that's once you've gone through 4/5 waves of brutal enemies.

That map is crazy
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#42bluerulerPosted 4/8/2013 11:45:29 AM
legendrider posted...
someonewhodied posted...

Well either way with limit break and forged waste/celica's gale and pairing up with an A/S ranked brave weapon user, you have no reason to lose.

Yeah but she get's

Dragonskin
also vantage+

When she has a spear equipped, she's attacking 1st all the time.

Using physical attacks will get you killed because of counter.

It'll be extremely difficult

65% aether activation
along with a brave lance
and a spear for long range

Then Dragonskin to reduce all damage

Then Counter so you can't physical attack.

Nasty.

and that's once you've gone through 4/5 waves of brutal enemies.

That map is crazy

this is getting me excited, whoever thought of making Anna the ultimate boss deserves a medal
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#43someonewhodiedPosted 4/8/2013 11:49:47 AM
it can't be that bad.

I'll just use aggressor-tomefaire Mire to weaken her before sending in celica's gale/waste spammers.
---
3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751
XBL Gamertag: someonewhodied
#44someonewhodiedPosted 4/8/2013 11:53:11 AM
Calculations:

They have 55 Res tops.

You have 55 mag with limit break on average.
Pair with a sage for +7 to 9 mag.
Tomefaire +5
Aggressor +10

22 to 24, /2

You will poke her for 11-12 damage per mire.

(My sorcerer skill set plan will be Limitbreak, Armsthrift, Tomefaire, Aggressor, Hit+20)
I may replace hit+20 with sol since they will also have forged wastes and aversa's nights.
---
3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751
XBL Gamertag: someonewhodied
#45VirusLordPosted 4/8/2013 12:07:49 PM
parKb5 posted...
The thing I don't understand is everyone plays on Lunatic or Lunatic + because the other modes aren't challenging and they want a challenge!

Along comes a skill that beefs up their units and they want it to make the game easier.

What?

Well, technically, Limit Breaker won't help you out on Lunatic(+) until the late or post game, since it only raises your caps, and quite frankly the most infuriatingly difficult part of Lunatic is the first few chapters. DLC grinding is actually much more gamebreaking than Limit Breaker for the majority of the main story.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#46FwahmPosted 4/8/2013 12:13:33 PM
fireemblemomega posted...
If R&R 1 was any indication on how hard DLC will be in the future (and since the Devs know they can gouge us), LB might be the only thing that makes a difference. Gonna be honest here, if I had had LB on my first run through of R&R 1 I might have lasted more than a few rounds and not trained up as much as I did.

However, I'm also not going to be one of the people on here putting it up as one of their skillsets (I'm talking the ones who don't put a skill it will replace at a later date) because it's not out yet. Chill people, it'll be here before we know it.

R&R isn't especially difficult, even without Limit Breaker. My Avatar solo'd the entire thing without healing of any kind, and he's not even remotely optimal (capped stats, but only skills are from Tactician, Grandmaster, and all stats +2). It took 2 tries to solo in R&R2, but that's only because a Warrior with Counter (forget who) walked up to me, and made me kill myself.

R&R3 might be different, but i'm not expecting it to be.
#47legendriderPosted 4/8/2013 12:26:25 PM
Fwahm posted...
fireemblemomega posted...
If R&R 1 was any indication on how hard DLC will be in the future (and since the Devs know they can gouge us), LB might be the only thing that makes a difference. Gonna be honest here, if I had had LB on my first run through of R&R 1 I might have lasted more than a few rounds and not trained up as much as I did.

However, I'm also not going to be one of the people on here putting it up as one of their skillsets (I'm talking the ones who don't put a skill it will replace at a later date) because it's not out yet. Chill people, it'll be here before we know it.

R&R isn't especially difficult, even without Limit Breaker. My Avatar solo'd the entire thing without healing of any kind, and he's not even remotely optimal (capped stats, but only skills are from Tactician, Grandmaster, and all stats +2). It took 2 tries to solo in R&R2, but that's only because a Warrior with Counter (forget who) walked up to me, and made me kill myself.

R&R3 might be different, but i'm not expecting it to be.

R&R3 is said to be quite difficult.
R&R3 and Priams recruitment map are said to have nearly the same difficulty, with R&R3 being more difficult

The other DLC, the challenge maps, are difficult in the sense of what you have to do, with the last one being difficult because it just is.
One map has your HP go to 1 on certain tiles
One map, you must protect 5 Anna's without the use of rescue staffs, and most enemy unit are fliers, while you move on a linear path.
One map has opening a closing walls you move through, and you must kill revenants, with the pass and counter skills

But 2 of those maps, you only need ace it to get DLC characters (the 2nd and 3rd ones), meaning all the anna don't have to live, and some revenants can escape

The final map is hell
The upgraded version of the final map is 'areyoukiddingmeseriously!?' though you only do this version for bragging rights, nothing more.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#48Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 4/8/2013 12:28:12 PM
best skill in the game? must be used on everyone, no matter what. end of story.
---
imanalt.
#49Blingya25Posted 4/8/2013 12:48:33 PM
someonewhodied posted...

Anybody hearing this user?! xD (Not trying to be mean or offensive)

Fool, they don't want you to be helpless, they want you to FEEL the helplessness, crush you when you think you have the chance to even have a hope of glimpse the spec of light that is shining after the first attack.

They want you to feel utter trash, garbage, like you stand no chance at all, and even with all your skills and skills, you still fail in comparison. Smashing your face to the ground, kicking you in the stomach, spitting on you, that's what they want you to feel, then when they are done, they step on your face and pick you back up and put you on your feet just to do it all over AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S WHY THEY GAVE ANNA AETHER BESIDES LETHALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
That's how goddamminity damn good that god damn game is. - AC (GCN)
#50Huff n puff 20Posted 4/8/2013 12:52:13 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/27138_563245623710140_591418673_n.jpg

On the subject of TSON...
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition