Thinking about getting this game but how's the story? (No Spoilers!)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Thinking about getting this game but how's the story? (No Spoilers!)

User Info: MonkeyShaman

MonkeyShaman
3 years ago#21
Story is bad, but the characters are awesome and make up for it (that, and the gameplay). You won't get a good understanding of them unless you do at least a few supports, though.

User Info: Master_Gamer

Master_Gamer
3 years ago#22
All the ones I've have played have very good stories.

The Mario RPGs, the Tales games (especially Tales of Symphonia), Arc Rise Fantasia, Kingdom Hearts, and even quite a few of the Final Fantasy games have some good stories. What hot air are you blowing out?

The Mario RPGs don't have a good story. They have amazing writing, but that's pretty much unconnected to the barebones cookie-cutter "gather the mystic star thingies and beat the main antagonist", given how each chapter from a Paper Mario can be copy/pasted into another game without anything changing the actual story. And the Mario RPGs are the only thing on there I can say good things about, having played most Final Fantasies, Kingdom Hearts titles, and some of the Tales games.

Well, I guess Kingdom Hearts can be charming when it remembers it's a Disney game, which isn't very often nowadays. And Final Fantasy 5 is good **** because of the GBA localization and Gilgamesh.
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Thinking about getting this game but how's the story? (No Spoilers!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived