DLC character tier list

#41Shadow_Master_JPosted 4/8/2013 12:48:00 PM(edited)
Everything is screwed up on that list. If I want a Rally Bot, I'll use any woman with access to Grandmaster (read: Any Spotpass and DLC females). Palla and Katarina have an advantage thanks to Rally Strength... But that's it. You can use a Rally Bot without Rally Strength, use Rally Defense/Resistance/Movement instead.

This makes the rest of the list unexistant. Also, really Alm? He can't get Rally Heart or Movement... And the first is almost a necessity to Rally Bots. And why is Katarina on top? Because of Shadowgift? Pff. Celica has Rightful King, dude, she can be the best Nosferatank by spamming Astra Nosferatu or Sol Nosferatu for full healing.
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#42Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 12:49:48 PM
Shadow_Master_J posted...
Everything is screwed up on that list. If I want a Rally Bot, I'll use any woman with access to Grandmaster (read: Any Spotpass and DLC females). Palla and Catria have an advantage thanks to Rally Strength... But that's it. You can use a Rally Bot without Rally Strength, use Rally Defense/Resistance/Movement instead.

This makes the rest of the list unexistant. Also, really Alm? He can't get Rally Heart or Movement... And the first is almost a necessity to Rally Bots. And why is Katarina on top? Because of Shadowgift? Pff. Celica has Rightful King, dude, she can be the best Nosferatank by spamming Astra Nosferatu or Sol Nosferatu for full healing.

rightful king vs shadowgift. lol?

im just not seeing whats so amazing about rightful king. shadow gift isnt particularly amazing either, but it lets you use the absurdly good aversas knight on dark flier or sage. rightful king + aether is without a doubt incredible, but lucina and chrom are the only characters that can do this. one without the other is just not as incredible.
---
imanalt.
#43SazukeEXPosted 4/8/2013 12:49:56 PM
You say he agreed with you but than he agreed with me so really. Back to square one, huh?

This is why new faces shouldn't come into places and try and push that they know everything when they know nothing. If you've been around longer and had actually talked to the vets here you would know how messed up that list is.

Due to your stubbornness it seems only time will correct your lack of foresight.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#44legendriderPosted 4/8/2013 12:53:37 PM
Shadow_Master_J posted...
Everything is screwed up on that list. If I want a Rally Bot, I'll use any woman with access to Grandmaster (read: Any Spotpass and DLC females). Palla and Katarina have an advantage thanks to Rally Strength... But that's it. You can use a Rally Bot without Rally Strength, use Rally Defense/Resistance/Movement instead.

......you know.....that's pretty freaking scary thinking about that

Gosh darn Celica
What are you doing!?
(you can even give her Aversa's Night actually, thanks to Rightful King, Armshrift will work 100%, even without Limit Breaker)

Aaaaaaaaand, we have created Death Incarnate.
In the form of a Loli, due to her Art
Yay......

*if only streetpass allowed DLC/Spotpass units, the absolute horror.....*
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#45Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 12:54:05 PM
SazukeEX posted...
You say he agreed with you but than he agreed with me so really. Back to square one, huh?

This is why new faces shouldn't come into places and try and push that they know everything when they know nothing. If you've been around longer and had actually talked to the vets here you would know how messed up that list is.

Due to your stubbornness it seems only time will correct your lack of foresight.

ok mr. knowitall. if you and the vets have worked this out already, why isnt there a tier list for this yet? and how would you rank them. lets see you do any better.
---
imanalt.
#46SazukeEXPosted 4/8/2013 12:57:26 PM
Because none of us are that arrogant to say our way is the best way but we will still debate for why we do things a certain way while respecting those that don't agree. You on the other hand provided no solid reasons and have had no one agree with you on top of you ignoring alternatives that give you the same results as your ""top tier" for less effort as any spotpass will do. Than what's your response when no one agree's with you?

Exactly.

This will die off eventually and no one will care nor will this ever have a chance of a sticky. So your DLC Character Tier List means nothing in the end save for your own personal bias.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#47Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 1:06:42 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Because none of us are that arrogant to say our way is the best way but we will still debate for why we do things a certain way while respecting those that don't agree. You on the other hand provided no solid reasons and have had no one agree with you on top of you ignoring alternatives that give you the same results as your ""top tier" for less effort as any spotpass will do. Than what's your response when no one agree's with you?

Exactly.

This will die off eventually and no one will care nor will this ever have a chance of a sticky. So your DLC Character Tier List means nothing in the end save for your own personal bias.

its less about arrogance and more about information. it may appear as though there are many ways, but there is really just one correct way to do something. other ways may be "correct" or "good" as well, but there is always just one way which is even more correct.

besides, the masses tend to disagree with things that go above their understanding. a lot of people are arguing for ephraim to be higher because of conquest, which is honestly a lackluster ability. lotes shield is better, because enemies and people will actually use wind magic or bows. i rarely see horseslayers or rapiers. also, mounted horse units generally suck because they have awful stat caps, but they are not bad if you are trying to speed run.

also, for any tier list, there has to be a reasoning for cutting top tier from high tier. my reasoning is rally, which makes sense because the characters i listed as top are the best rallyers. rally movement doesnt give me a stat boost like rally love does, and do i honestly need that extra movement? i'd prefer getting hard stat boosts. why is rally so good? well, isnt it obvious? potential +10 to every stat with a good rallyer each turn will let you smoke anything in the game, even the MAX difficulty DLC. rally on top of pair up with married units will pretty much allow you to pwn the entire game unscathed, including the DLC. also, since the DLC units are default better at rallying than your own units, this actually gives them a reason to be used. none of the high tier or below DLC units can actually hold a candle to the standard units in the game, making them only fun characters to use leisurely. its only the top tier rallyers that give me incentive to use them in the actual game.
---
imanalt.
#48legendriderPosted 4/8/2013 1:18:43 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
SazukeEX posted...

Exactly.

its less about arrogance and more about information. it may appear as though there are many ways, but there is really just one correct way to do something. other ways may be "correct" or "good" as well, but there is always just one way which is even more correct.

besides, the masses tend to disagree with things that go above their understanding. a lot of people are arguing for ephraim to be higher because of conquest, which is honestly a lackluster ability. lotes shield is better, because enemies and people will actually use wind magic or bows. i rarely see horseslayers or rapiers. also, mounted horse units generally suck because they have awful stat caps, but they are not bad if you are trying to speed run.

also, for any tier list, there has to be a reasoning for cutting top tier from high tier. my reasoning is rally, which makes sense because the characters i listed as top are the best rallyers. rally movement doesnt give me a stat boost like rally love does, and do i honestly need that extra movement? i'd prefer getting hard stat boosts. why is rally so good? well, isnt it obvious? potential +10 to every stat with a good rallyer each turn will let you smoke anything in the game, even the MAX difficulty DLC. rally on top of pair up with married units will pretty much allow you to pwn the entire game unscathed, including the DLC. also, since the DLC units are default better at rallying than your own units, this actually gives them a reason to be used. none of the high tier or below DLC units can actually hold a candle to the standard units in the game, making them only fun characters to use leisurely. its only the top tier rallyers that give me incentive to use them in the actual game.

Now see here.
I read through everything, don't worry
But when you said 'there's only one correct way' you lost me.

Now you've stated, raliiers are your tier list.
However, that means All males are below females, unless they have rally speed or rally resistance, in which case, they would be up 1 tier, still below females, then the top tier would be Katarina and Palla, because they have ALL the rally skills.

Rallying is useful, I'm not disagreeing with you here.
But the list here......Once you have 1 rallier in your team, which isn't really needed, you don't need anymore.
It makes the character with special skills completely redundant.

And for very special skills like Rightful King
Conquest
Aether
etc.
and less special skills
Females with Counter (You gotta love counter dude)
Males with Galeforce (make them strong enough to 1 hit kill units, for it to be viable)
etc.
They top ralliers

Case in point?
Ralliers aren't special.
EVERY Spotpass/DLC unit can be ralliers
Making this list completely......not pointless....but inert, I guess
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
#49NekoEspiritoPosted 4/8/2013 1:27:49 PM
Any DLC female gets these rallies: Love, Resistance, Speed, Defense, Movement

Amy DLC male gets these rallies: Strength, Spectrum, Skill, Magic, Luck

Bam, you're set for two rally units. Notice how it doesn't matter if a female has Strength or a male has Resistance. At all. You can easily and quickly get all 10 of these Rallies onto two units respecting gender match up. GENDER EXCLUSIVE RALLIES DON'T MATTER.

Rightful King is phenomenal with other activation skills beside Aether, it's rarity is a testament to it's usefulness.

Meh, whatever.
---
Xbox gamertag: NekoEspirito
NekoEspirito CoD MW3 AC: 0018-3623-8313
#50legendriderPosted 4/8/2013 1:29:29 PM
NekoEspirito posted...
Any DLC female gets these rallies: Love, Resistance, Speed, Defense, Movement

Amy DLC male gets these rallies: Strength, Spectrum, Skill, Magic, Luck

Bam, you're set for two rally units. Notice how it doesn't matter if a female has Strength or a male has Resistance. At all. You can easily and quickly get all 10 of these Rallies onto two units respecting gender match up. GENDER EXCLUSIVE RALLIES DON'T MATTER.

Rightful King is phenomenal with other activation skills beside Aether, it's rarity is a testament to it's usefulness.

Meh, whatever.

This
Basically what I summed up in my extremely long paragraph(s)

Ralliers don't really matter in this case.
---