Should I get this game new or pre-owned or at all?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Should I get this game new or pre-owned or at all?
2 years ago#1
I played the demo and I like it, and i like Fire Emblem (series) overall, but I feel i should ask some questions I hope others could answer most of which concern DLC and the SpotPass System.

1. Would the DLC be for one save file only or for the whole game?

2. How does SpotPass work as far as getting characters?

3. Is there any advantage to getting a "New" copy of the game over a "Pre-Owned" copy?

and

4. Is there a difference between getting the characters DLC vs getting them threw SpotPass?

I ask these questions because, there is a convention I am going to in the distant future. The last time I went there I got like 200+ tags on my SpotPass and I was thinking that with this game and this convention I could get a lot of hits from SpotPass and get most of the characters from others who would be at the convention. I am aware not everyone with a 3DS will bring there's let alone have the game, but its a fun thought.

Again I like the game, but just wanted these questions answered and make the most of this great game. Thank you.
2 years ago#2
squallken1 posted...
I played the demo and I like it, and i like Fire Emblem (series) overall, but I feel i should ask some questions I hope others could answer most of which concern DLC and the SpotPass System.

1. Would the DLC be for one save file only or for the whole game?

2. How does SpotPass work as far as getting characters?

3. Is there any advantage to getting a "New" copy of the game over a "Pre-Owned" copy?

and

4. Is there a difference between getting the characters DLC vs getting them threw SpotPass?

I ask these questions because, there is a convention I am going to in the distant future. The last time I went there I got like 200+ tags on my SpotPass and I was thinking that with this game and this convention I could get a lot of hits from SpotPass and get most of the characters from others who would be at the convention. I am aware not everyone with a 3DS will bring there's let alone have the game, but its a fun thought.

Again I like the game, but just wanted these questions answered and make the most of this great game. Thank you.

1. Whole game.
2. Basically, you spawn an NPC team on the world map that you can either recruit with Gold ingame or fight and recruit.
3. Not that I'm aware of.
4. DLC and Spotpass characters have different skillsets and stuff, you'll have to look them up specifically for exact info.
2 years ago#3
Get it new.

Pre-owned prices aren't even that much lower.

So go support the guys/gals that made the game! =D
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
2 years ago#4
SazukeEX posted...

THIS.

Come to think of it, that's one advantage of getting it new: greater odds of getting new FE games in the future.
2 years ago#5
MagmarFire posted...
SazukeEX posted...

THIS.

Come to think of it, that's one advantage of getting it new: greater odds of getting new FE games in the future.

---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
2 years ago#6
MarioLinkGenofa posted...
MagmarFire posted...
SazukeEX posted...

THIS.

---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
2 years ago#7
Does a used copy of this game exist? no one would return this game, even if they didn't like it

inb4logic
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
2 years ago#8
amazon has used copies for about 40$ each.
---
3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751
XBL Gamertag: someonewhodied
2 years ago#9
I bring up Pre-Owned because... if your familiar with the gamestop power up rewards "thing" I have enough points to get it for minus $15 but only minus $10 for a new copy.
2 years ago#10
Anyway thank you very much :D
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Should I get this game new or pre-owned or at all?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived