500 Things We Want in the Next Fire Emblem

#51RDS1Posted 4/9/2013 2:10:34 PM
-Keep Brides.
-Keep War Clerics.
-Bring back status/utility staves.
-More girls with axes.
-More non-mounted lance units.
-Keep the marriage system, but restrict it so that any given character only has a few options for marriage. And also give them actual compelling reasons to get married.
-More same-sex supports.
-More magic swords/axes/lances.
-Magic bows, maybe?
-I want s high-STR, high-RES melee class, dammit.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#52SWBF2PilotPosted 4/9/2013 2:31:59 PM
A main story arc that stays good the whole way through. Around Chapter 9 I became super emotionally connected to the army.... and then it's over in Chapter 11 and off we go to the Valm arc and nothing more interesting happens until around Chapter 16 or 17 I think. It got good again when we confronted Walhart, and during the final buildup to Grima, but I feel like a lot of the buildup to Valm could have been cut out and used to develop Grima, Validar, and Aversa as characters (sick of I wanna kill everything bosses). I guess Aversa did prove to be more interesting than the typical manipulative henchwoman in the end though.
---
"Siegfried: He has no need for words, he speaks with whiffs." - Wandrian
Official General of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Boards
#53HermeticJusticePosted 4/9/2013 2:35:57 PM
WilhuffTarkin posted...
Let's make this main series Fire Emblem, so not counting the crossover with Shin Megami Tensei.

I for one would like the main lord to be a non-sword user. Yeah, there was Ephraim in Sacred Stones, but you also had Eirika. Yeah, there was Hector in FE7, but Eliwood, honestly, was kind of the real main lord of that game. I want to have ONE main lord who is NOT a sword user. Perhaps he/she can use swords after promotion...maybe. I don't dislike sword users at all, by the way, I'd just like them to shake things up a little bit.

I want a game where none of the MCs have blue hair (much more prevalent)
---
The official Ongyo-Ki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
As above, so below
#54TwiGavPosted 4/9/2013 2:37:31 PM
I'd like to see Light Magic as well. I also want to see how a Secondary Weapon Triangle for Bows, Throwing Axes, and Magic could be done. Magic Triangle would be nice to have on top of that.

Magic beats Bows, Bows beat Throw. Axes, and Throw. Axes beat Magic.
---
I like Maude Adams.
#55GX000Posted 4/9/2013 2:55:57 PM
SWBF2Pilot posted...
A main story arc that stays good the whole way through. Around Chapter 9 I became super emotionally connected to the army.... and then it's over in Chapter 11 and off we go to the Valm arc and nothing more interesting happens until around Chapter 16 or 17 I think. It got good again when we confronted Walhart, and during the final buildup to Grima, but I feel like a lot of the buildup to Valm could have been cut out and used to develop Grima, Validar, and Aversa as characters (sick of I wanna kill everything bosses). I guess Aversa did prove to be more interesting than the typical manipulative henchwoman in the end though.

agreed. the first arc kept me hooked, but the second (although pretty decent) had little connection to the main story. it had a lot of potential, and could've been awesome if it was more connected to the main story. arc three was awesome, but just waaayyy to short.

anyway,

--seconded better story (see above)

--enemy pair up (heck, give the chapter's boss a dedicated support, maybe even have the final boss have three units supporting it?)

--seconded magic triangle (even if light magic stays out i still think the fire/wind/elec triangle should be back, and then dark could be like it is now, an outsider with no weakness / resistance but with other properties, like bows are to swords/axes/lances)

--better enemy AI (don't send an axe user with 5 HP left in to fight my ace using a sword when you've got a archer right there...)

--more enemy healers. (i just feel like there's so much potential, like for example: healers with long range staffs closed up in locked rooms surrounding the boss. spend your time finding the keys and taking the healers out one by one or maybe just rush the boss?)

--keep the avatar and allow for wardrobe customization. (maybe even have unlock-able clothes along the way. i understand that your clothes in this game are story related but in the future you should be able to wear something that makes you look unique in multiplayer, and on that point...)

--better multiplayer. (sure the whole streetpass thing can stay, but add in proper multiplayer as well. though to prevent you from losing units left right and center, have bother players locked in casual during live multiplayer battles, even if one of them has chosen classic)

--bring back third tier classes and/or weakling classes (having third tier i feel would add more diversity to how you want your characters to grow and what you want them to become, and by weakling classes i mean like journeyman, trainee and student(?). you know, more units like donnel that you have to baby at first but have extreme potential)

--keep children of something akin to it, but children should not be allowed to marry, and the story explanation should be better. (seriously, it took me forever to realize that the children were the "others" that lucina brought back with her...)
---
Hey everypony, listen to this: FRIENDSHIP IS MAG- *gets shot*
~~|[Proud to be a Brony]|~~ ////Life is not an app////
#56RinpooPosted 4/9/2013 5:44:52 PM
1. MOAR WAIFU
2. The ability to buy weapons and items in BULK (goddamn stock up sessions....)
3. Something harder than Lunatic + LOL
4. The ability to support spot-pass characters (if it is another ds title)
5. more monsters like the ones from sacred stones. thanks.

4 CAN BE DONE I TELL YOU.!! Have your character select their support script for their character upon creation and then when they are recruited they can support those on the script you chose. : D
#57St0ve1Posted 4/9/2013 5:48:29 PM
More axe units( this one was depressing for axe lovers.)
A mage lord( would be different)
Soldiers playable again
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
Official husband of cherche
#58Thekiller37Posted 4/9/2013 5:55:23 PM
Lonqu_Zoro posted...
Bring back swordmaster and berserker class critical bonus

Dear god yes.

holy spheres this.

Also, classic should be a complete difficulty. i.e. no reclassing, caps the standard ~30 for promoted units. Branched promotions like fe8 should be allowed though. I just feel like the gba games had it more proper like this.
---
Head of the Benevolent Church of the 3-13 Archer. "I'm the stripper your husband hired." ~anonymous.