Rate the Skill, Paralogue 7: Conquest and Shadowgift

#41tw1g_007Posted 4/9/2013 9:00:06 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
"Conquest is overrated. How many enemies have weapons that target those weaknesses? Not a lot."

What are you talking about?

EVERYONE use them, thats why Palladin, Great Knight, and Valkyries are the worst class in the game alongside Wyvern!

You have got to be trolling by literally saying "everyone" LOL. No dude. Let's look at the weapons who expose such weaknesses:

Armsorslayer
Noble Rapier
Beast killer
Hammer

Ok. There could be more but these are the main 4 I know of. Which freaking enemy uses Armorslayer at the hardest maps? Or beast killer? Or hammer? Which enemies? LOL.

Regarding Noble Rapier, I believe I can't remember where I last saw anyone use this weapon. It could have happened in one of the DLC maps but seriously... no one uses Noble Rapier.

Conquest is pretty useless if you ask me. One of the worst skills out there.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#42DemiseEndPosted 4/9/2013 9:01:27 AM
Dude, if you read like 60% of my post here, you will realize it is a sarcasm

Like seriously, for the most part i always post how Flying and Mounts is freaking awesome
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#43tw1g_007Posted 4/9/2013 9:05:59 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
Dude, if you read like 60% of my post here, you will realize it is a sarcasm

Like seriously, for the most part i always post how Flying and Mounts is freaking awesome

Oh!! Haha. Dude you had me going there lmao. I was like "whaaaa" :D.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#44DemiseEndPosted 4/9/2013 9:08:10 AM
That being said i rate Shadowgift at A just because of Flying Nosferatu, because apparently I should vote based on Min Max logic

But then again, I don't play the DLC so...... yeah
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#45guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 9:10:03 AM
tw1g_007 posted...

Dual Support+? Are you kidding me? That is like low B and high chance of C rank material. It really isn't that good.

Aptitude is really not A rank material. I mean... only two units at most have this skill to begin with and its nothing a couple more level ups or reclassing won't fix. Dual Guard+ in A rank is like a sick joke. I'd say Dual Guard+ was more like a low B and high C-rank material. It just isn't that good and deserving for A-rank. [edit: I have dedicated several hundred hours into this game and can tell you that I have only used Dual Guard+ in two situations: Chrom and Nah. Even then I could replace it easily when it came to Nah but Chrom is probably the only one where its a mandatory skill. Why is this? Well Chrom for one has extremely limited class options to begin with so obviously Dual Guard+ will make for easy pickings.]

All high end Rally Skills like Spectrum or Heart should be a solid B. I bet you that majority of you guys will hardly ever bother using these skills ever except when leveling lower level units or specific difficult quests.

Armsthrift really should be S rank. Using stuff like Helwath and Gradivus infinitely is just bloody amazing. They are the highest MT 2-ranged weapons and even forged two ranged options will never outclass them based on MT. Do you know how long its taking me to find another Gradivus for my Morgan? Two hours and counting so people saying... "oh hurr, just farm in Infinite Regalia" just doesn't cut it. You can be lucky and get what you want early but there is a very high chance you will be stuck farming what seems like forever trying to get another.

Deliverer should be like... a solid B/high C. You guys be honest with yourselves, how many of you actually equip this skill as a priority? Most slots are too busy taken up by damage dealing or proc related skills. Deliverer while useful just isn't deserving for the A-rank spot. Want an extra +2 MOV? Well just make a flier or mounted unit.

I am not comfortable seeing Swordbreaker in A-rank but I can understand it somewhat. Still questionable regardless. Why? Well its the same point I am making for Deliverer. Not many of you will be equipping this skill as a priority EVEN on Tank units.

We really need to like re-vote these skills to be honest. Especially now people should have more experience after playing FE:A to this extent.

Dual Support+ can really help your team. a +10 to hit/Avoid/Crit and Dodge is good, and it's the worst it can pull of. Not low-B material for sure.

Rally skills just need to be used smartly, sorry if you can't. Or if you just forgot about using them. Rally bots are cool, too.

Dual Guard/Support+ and Deliverer are meant to be skills for a Pair up fodder. Someone like that has no business with skills that are good for the lead unit, like Pavise.

Armsthrift, i agree it's not in the right tier. But i say it should be in C. If you are really needing legendary weapons, you are very late in the game where IR is a cakewalk that can be done in 2 minutes or less. There are also many other weapons to choose from, particularly Forged Braves; and using the rest of your team effectively will prevent it from being a hassle.

The ONLY case where that is remotely useful is nosferatanking. specially with aversa's. Money is ridiculous abundant, placing Chrom nearby will make this redundant, Hammerne, Not needing Legendaries weapons outside of
LC (get IR and GG) make it a complete waste ofslot. I'd rather have something that can save my ass than Armsthrift.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#46UryvichkPosted 4/9/2013 9:13:45 AM
Even if you are running Infinite Regalia super fast (and if you have the right setup it's easy to do), it's bloody annoying actually getting anything you want. I have sooooo many Nidhoggs and Mercuriuses, but only one Ragnell, two Gradivuses, and two Helswaths. Like heck I'm using those on anybody who doesn't have perfect Armsthrift.

Also: Twenty. Freaking. Amatsus.
#47KantonosoPosted 4/9/2013 9:18:47 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
*cut for post length*

DS+ is a solid +4 to support bonuses. It's like giving S rank bonuses to anyone around you. That's not a C. If you're smart about it, it's downright gamechanging, and it has semi-decent availability, as well. (Off the top of my head... FeMU, Lissa, Maribelle, Cherche, and others, I know I'm forgetting some.) The beautiful part is, it STACKS with supports. For example, my Chrom x Maribelle file? Chrom was getting constant +25s when paired up with Maribelle alone, and even more if Lucina or Brady were beside him. (It caps at... +12 support points, with an S rank being +4 I believe? Point being, S rank is like +15/10 in everything, but it can go much higher.)

I don't possibly see how this could only be a C. And furthermore, taking more than one proc skill is kind of pointless since they interfere with each other's activations ("Oh look, I need Sol, and bad, but Astra happened, FML!") so your thing about focusing on attack skills is also misguided.

Oh, and as for swordbreaker? Part of it's score comes from AVAILABILITY. Many many characters can get it - some of which benefit heavily from it. Virion, for example, if you finish him as a Sniper, having the ability to dodge a little bit better is appreciated. And what about the fact that Nowi/Tiki/Nah all get it? I agree that using it purely for Wyrmslayers is a tad overcautious, but what else do Nowi/Tiki get that are more deserving of that slot? Odd Rhythm? Magic+2?

While I do believe that many of the skills are indeed falsely ranked (Veteran? Seriously? If you overuse ANYONE, they become OP. Veteran does not allow soloing of the game like people claim, etc. Bunch of blind, juvenile, anti-tacticians voting on that one!) it's pretty funny that the ones you picked to harp on are in fact landing exactly where they should.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#48UryvichkPosted 4/9/2013 9:26:18 AM
To be fair, when you have an S Support DS+ only gives +5 Crit/Avoid/Dodge. Still, that's like getting Zeal and half of Avoid+10 for free on the unit you're supporting, and I can't think of five better skills I would want on a unit that's not meant to be the primary fighter... there's DS+, DG+, the appropriate -faire, Deliverer, Movement+1, and DA+ but that's only available to Chrom and Lucina.

It does let you max out the Support bonuses with just one S/A Pair Up and a second A/S character in support range, though.
#49tw1g_007Posted 4/9/2013 9:32:55 AM
Uryvichk posted...
To be fair, when you have an S Support DS+ only gives +5 Crit/Avoid/Dodge. Still, that's like getting Zeal and half of Avoid+10 for free on the unit you're supporting, and I can't think of five better skills I would want on a unit that's not meant to be the primary fighter... there's DS+, DG+, the appropriate -faire, Deliverer, Movement+1, and DA+ but that's only available to Chrom and Lucina.

It does let you max out the Support bonuses with just one S/A Pair Up and a second A/S character in support range, though.

This is what I am saying. DS+ to begin with is very rare. Not many female users have Valk to begin with and even if they did, majority of them suck so bad and I would never even use them on my team. Why would I use DS+ on FeMU for example when there are way too many skills that can take its place? Why would I use DS+ on Kjelle!Donnel? The only time you use DS+ is when you have no A-tier skill to take its place and that doesn't make it an A-rank skill.
---
#50UryvichkPosted 4/9/2013 9:36:30 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
Uryvichk posted...

This is what I am saying. DS+ to begin with is very rare. Not many female users have Valk to begin with and even if they did, majority of them suck so bad and I would never even use them on my team. Why would I use DS+ on FeMU for example when there are way too many skills that can take its place? Why would I use DS+ on Kjelle!Donnel? The only time you use DS+ is when you have no A-tier skill to take its place and that doesn't make it an A-rank skill.

Well, here is when you would use it:

Donnel!Kjelle as a Dark Flier backing up a Sorcerer/Sage Morgan-M/Brady/Inigo/Owain/Laurent. She has Great Knight, so she gets Dual Guard+. She has Valkyrie, so she gets Dual Support+. She doesn't get Tomefaire but she could use a Shockstick or forged Brave Lance with Lancefaire, since she has Falcon Knight. She has Griffon Rider, so she gets Deliverer. Pair Sage/Sorcerer with her, fly her to wherever you want to kill errybody, switch to the male.

Henry!Cynthia can do similar, and she gets Tomefaire besides. They make amazing Dark Flier backups/taxis for male magic attackers. And BTW, Gerome can make a pretty amazing physical backup as a Wyvern Lord with DS+ for somebody like Severa or Nah.