Rate the Skill, Paralogue 7: Conquest and Shadowgift

#71spyke252Posted 4/9/2013 8:17:27 PM
Yeah, you're going to be switching often with a galeforce sub.
#72guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 8:18:25 PM
yeah, i totally forgot about that bolded part. lol, sorry for the waste of time...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#73tw1g_007Posted 4/9/2013 8:23:18 PM(edited)
SazukeEX posted...
Gale Force is perfectly viable on a support. Though if you want to abuse it better you'll have to drop a support skill for a more offensive one to ensure kills.

And I can bet you the optimal support skill will probably come in the form of Deliverer at best. Maybe Dual Guard+ or Dual Strike+ or hell even Sol. I can bet you that all of these options beat Dual Support+ hands down and is why I have been on a rant for this long. It is undeserving of the A-rank. 5% added crit and some hit bonuses will never outweigh some of those support skills I mentioned above.

Even Dual Guard+ is skeptical at best for me given its A-rank status because it is extremely situational. For me to use Dual Guard+ as a support skill there needs to be nothing better to replace it with and that only happens with characters who have extremely limited class options. For characters with diverse class options like Kellam!Nah, it makes sense if she is a Manakete and paired up with another tank since combined defenses will help proc Dual Guard+ more making it a VERY USEFUL SKILL.

If none of the two factors above apply then the optimal support skills are basically Sol or Deliverer [in the sense of tanking hits / transportation respectively] in very extremely situational cases because they can easily be substituted regardless.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#74guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 8:23:21 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Gale Force is perfectly viable on a support. Though if you want to abuse it better you'll have to drop a support skill for a more offensive one to ensure kills.

And I can bet you the optimal support skill will probably come in the form of Deliverer at best. Maybe Dual Guard+ or Dual Strike+ or hell even Sol. I can bet you that all of these options beat Dual Support+ hands down and is why I have been on a rant for this long. It is undeserving of the A-rank. 5% added crit and some hit bonuses will never outweigh some of those support skills I mentioned above.

Even Dual Guard+ is skeptical at best for me given its A-rank status because it is extremely situational. For me to use Dual Guard+ as a support skill there needs to be nothing better to replace it with and that only happens with characters who have extremely limited class options. For characters with diverse class options like Kellam!Nah, it makes sense if she is a Manakete and paired up with another tank since combined defenses will help proc Dual Guard+ more making it a VERY USEFUL SKILL.

If none of the two factors above apply then the optimal support skills are basically Sol or Deliverer in very extremely situational cases because they can easily be substituted regardless.

Then nominate them and see where that goes. Now please stop posting...i need to close this...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#75guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 8:23:21 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
SazukeEX posted...

If none of the two factors above apply then the optimal support skills are basically Sol or Deliverer in very extremely situational cases because they can easily be substituted regardless.

Then nominate them and see where that goes. Now please stop posting...i need to close this...
---
Confession Time!
#76tw1g_007Posted 4/9/2013 8:24:04 PM
Yea i will. Apologies are in order though. I really did derail this topic enough. Gonna stop posting now.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?