Pls help with last of my marriage pairings

#1beanz822Posted 4/9/2013 12:39:19 AM
I did a lot of research trying to figure out my best options before actually posting as not to waste anyone's time, but I feel like I could use some advice on the last of my units. I am playing on hard mode-casual for my first playthrough and I'm pretty sure I have a good set up so far. My pairings are:

Chrom x Olivia
MU x Tharja
Virion x Sully
Frederick x Sumia
Ricken x Maribelle(I realize now this was a bad choice)
Kellam x Cordela

My leftover units are:

Donnel
Vaike
Gregor
Libra
Lon'qu
Gaius
Lissa
Nowi
Cherche
Panne
Miriel
(Stahl died btw, accidently forgot about it and saved >.<)

Anyone have some advice on who I should pair with what I have left? I know I'll be left with 1 male who will be unmarried.
---
Now Playing: Vita - Disgaea 3 and Xenogears
3DS - Fire Emblem: Awakening
#2beanz822(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 4:36:47 PM
bump?
---
#3SazukeEXPosted 4/9/2013 4:38:10 PM
Your pairings aren't optimal anyway so.. Just pair who you think looks cute together and worry about Optimal if you start a new file in the future.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#4beanz822(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 5:13:02 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Your pairings aren't optimal anyway so.. Just pair who you think looks cute together and worry about Optimal if you start a new file in the future.

Yeah I figured I screwed up on a few but wasn't sure, do you have any suggestions on who I should change out in my current couples? I didn't really mean to marry my MU and Tharja I just always had them together and I'm guessing Kellam x Cordelia is a bad choice too lol. Thanks in advance any advice is much appreciated.
---
#5guedesbrawlPosted 4/9/2013 5:24:13 PM
there are a few things to keep in mind:

1-Noire, Kjelle an Nah can't get Galeforce naturally, so you need them to be fathered by Donnel, Avatar or Gaius. Nah, however, has a very good father in Kellam, who can make her the best possible thank besides her own daughter. (meaning you can free Avatar for someone else, or play as a female)

2-Laurent should be fathered by Gregor, since he needs that Armsthrift for Nosferatanking.

3-Lucina's best offensive set comes from Olivia. Her best defensive set, from Sumia. If you chose Olivia; make sure Cynthia is fathered by Henry.

4-In order make Brady even more magic inclined, give him either Libra or Ricken.

5- 2 to 4 don't include MU.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#6SazukeEXPosted 4/9/2013 5:28:00 PM
Vaike passes down Armsthrift to Daughters only as Sons don't get Mercenary Class from him. Thus he's best used on Sully for Kjelle due to her natural tankiness though Aegis+Pavise. Vaike also gives her Sol and better mods than Donnel.
---
#7beanz822(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 5:52:06 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I see where I messed up. Just to clarify though:

Chrom x Olivia
Kellam x Nowi
Sumia x Henry
MB x Ricken/Libra
Vaike x Sully

Any others I should keep in mind? I was all ready last time with 5 galeforce units but I didn't realize that only 3-4 would pass down : /
---
#8guedesbrawlPosted 4/9/2013 5:58:05 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Vaike passes down Armsthrift to Daughters only as Sons don't get Mercenary Class from him. Thus he's best used on Sully for Kjelle due to her natural tankiness though Aegis+Pavise. Vaike also gives her Sol and better mods than Donnel.

Kjelle won't be nosferatanking, though. Donnel gives Sol too (and mercenary, if you still intend to waste a skill slot). -2STR/SPD or Galeforce? hum? (the other differences don't matter)

Since gregor should be with laurent, we need someone for Cherche...and then it will be Vaike time.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#9SazukeEXPosted 4/9/2013 6:00:56 PM(edited)
guedesbrawl posted...
SazukeEX posted...

Kjelle won't be nosferatanking, though. Donnel gives Sol too (and mercenary, if you still intend to waste a skill slot). -2STR/SPD or Galeforce? hum? (the other differences don't matter)

Since gregor should be with laurent, we need someone for Cherche...and then it will be Vaike time.

It's for General Kjelle. When did I say Nostank Kjelle?

This frees up Donnel for Noire and lets Gaius go to Nah.

Henry also does exactly the same stuff that Vaike does for Gerome, the difference is +2 Str Vaike has over Henry with Henry beating Vaike in other mods.

Wasting Armsthrift and Sol(As Gerome already gets Sol) for 2 STR isn't worth it.
---
#10ShadowEspionagePosted 4/9/2013 6:00:33 PM
Chrom x Olivia/Sumia
MU x Tharja/Nah/Lucina
Cordelia x Stahl/Lonqu
Miriel x Gregor/Ricken
Panne x Vaike/Stahl/Gregor
Sumia x Henry/Fred/Chrom
Lissa x Libra/Henry
Tharja x Gaius/Donnel
Sully x Donnel/...Donnel.
Maribelle x Libra/Henry
Nowi x Donnel/Gaius/Kellam
Cherche x Vaike/Gregor
Olivia x Chrom/Virion/Henry

This is what you should stick to for future references.
---
I'm fairly confident that the CoD series can't get any worse than Black Ops. Unless, of course... Treyarch makes Black Ops 2... zombie95