Pls help with last of my marriage pairings

#31hunknchunkPosted 4/9/2013 7:44:42 PM
I think I was maybe the only person who voted Henry as Gerome's ideal pairing (though I also recall not being exactly clear-headed...) Other's would disagree but tomebreaker also has unique potential in his skill set given his apparent RES weakness and lack of defensive skills. On the other hand, Gregor can be used with practically anyone to great effect and should be used where ever his excellent class set inheritance will be best utilized.
#32guedesbrawlPosted 4/9/2013 7:44:46 PM
Just remeber, that as Shaodw said, unless you are going for the last two packs of DLC, most marrieages will get you through with no problems. a few are bad, like Physical fatherxMagical Mother = Useless kid, or those that don't give more classes to the kid. but they are few and far between.

even galeforce isn't a incredibly hude necessity then, so keep that in mind.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#33SazukeEXPosted 4/9/2013 7:51:30 PM(edited)
ShadowEspionage posted...
beanz822 posted...
Chrom x Olivia/Sumia
MU x Tharja/Nah/Lucina
Cordelia x Stahl/Lonqu
Miriel x Gregor/Ricken
Panne x Vaike/Stahl/Gregor
Sumia x Henry/Fred/Chrom
Lissa x Libra/Henry
Tharja x Gaius/Donnel
Sully x Donnel/...Donnel.
Maribelle x Libra/Henry
Nowi x Donnel/Gaius/Kellam
Cherche x Vaike/Gregor
Olivia x Chrom/Virion/Henry

This is what you should stick to for future references.

Thank you for the list, it will simplify this for me a lot. And I think I will go with sazuke and pair vaike with sully. That just leaves me with who I will pair Cherche with(Henry or Gregor) as I had Vaike planned for her originally.

I have no idea why he said pair Henry with Cherche, and a Laurent without Gregor as his father is a suck laurent honestly. Ricken's a poor father.

Sigh...

I really wish people did their research more before giving outdated advice.

Vaike!Gerome

Str +7
Mag -1
Skl +1
Spd +1
Lck +0
Def +3
Res -3

You waste Sol and Armsthrift.

Henry!Gerome

Str +5
Mag +2
Skl +2
Spd +0
Lck -1
Def +4
Res -2

You don't waste Sol and Armsthrift and they can build Gerome the same exact way, literally. As Gerome cannot have Gale Force or Armsthrift he's better as a Brave Weapon Supporter.

Kjelle likes the mods Vaike gives better than Donnel and he allows her to tank better with Helswrath and Gradivus.

Just because Henry is a caster doesn't change he's a great Father for Gerome. Furthermore, Sorcerer's without Armsthrift aren't worth breeding into and the remaining children that don't have Sorcerer also don't have Armsthrift which Henry doesn't pass down either.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#34SazukeEXPosted 4/9/2013 7:56:08 PM(edited)
hunknchunk posted...
I think I was maybe the only person who voted Henry as Gerome's ideal pairing (though I also recall not being exactly clear-headed...) Other's would disagree but tomebreaker also has unique potential in his skill set given his apparent RES weakness and lack of defensive skills. On the other hand, Gregor can be used with practically anyone to great effect and should be used where ever his excellent class set inheritance will be best utilized.

Laurent is the best use of Gregor's seed compared to the other kids that want him as well.

Henry is overlooked as Gerome's father because no one notices that he builds Gerome the exact same way that Vaike does, only with 2 less STR than him and that Vaike should be used on a Daughter due to him only passing Armsthrift to girls.

That and Gerome already has Sol thus wasting Sol as well on him if Vaike is his daddy.
---
#35ShadowEspionagePosted 4/9/2013 7:56:10 PM
SazukeEX posted...
beanz822 posted...
Chrom x Olivia/Sumia
MU x Tharja/Nah/Lucina
Cordelia x Stahl/Lonqu
Miriel x Gregor/Ricken
Panne x Vaike/Stahl/Gregor
Sumia x Henry/Fred/Chrom
Lissa x Libra/Henry
Tharja x Gaius/Donnel
Sully x Donnel/...Donnel.
Maribelle x Libra/Henry
Nowi x Donnel/Gaius/Kellam
Cherche x Vaike/Gregor
Olivia x Chrom/Virion/Henry

This is what you should stick to for future references.

Thank you for the list, it will simplify this for me a lot. And I think I will go with sazuke and pair vaike with sully. That just leaves me with who I will pair Cherche with(Henry or Gregor) as I had Vaike planned for her originally.

I have no idea why he said pair Henry with Cherche, and a Laurent without Gregor as his father is a suck laurent honestly. Ricken's a poor father.

Sigh...

I really wish people did their research more before giving outdated advice.

Vaike!Gerome

Str +7
Mag -1
Skl +1
Spd +1
Lck +0
Def +3
Res -3

You waste Sol and Armsthrift.

Henry!Gerome

Str +5
Mag +2
Skl +2
Spd +0
Lck -1
Def +4
Res -2

You don't waste Sol and Armsthrift and they can build Gerome the same exact way, literally. As Gerome cannot have Gale Force or Armsthrift he's better as a Brave Weapon Supporter.

Kjelle likes the mods Vaike gives as he allows her to tank better with Helswrath and Gradivus.

Just because Henry is a caster doesn't change he's a great Father for Gerome. Furthermore, Sorcerer's without Armsthrift aren't worth breeding into and the remaining children that don't have Sorcerer also don't have Armsthrift which Henry doesn't pass down either.

You're replying to the same person that you've already addressed this to. You've already told me why you say Henry is a potential father for Gerome (although I don't particularly agree). Your snide comment on "giving outdated" information was just dumb. We both agree that Gregor is the best father for Laurent, and that Ricken is a poor father. I merely said "I have no idea why he paired Henry with Cherche".
So how is it that in that post, I was giving "outdated information"?
I wasn't.
And even then, just because some people doesn't see fit to your list doesn't mean it isn't perfectly viable to beat TSON. Which is all that matters.
---
I'm fairly confident that the CoD series can't get any worse than Black Ops. Unless, of course... Treyarch makes Black Ops 2... zombie95
#36SazukeEXPosted 4/9/2013 8:03:44 PM(edited)
It is'nt snide.

You're giving the TC outdated information as what you've listed is indeed outdated. Just like how Kellam x Nowi is outdated with Gaius x Nowi proving far superior.

That and how you say "I don't even know why he suggested Henry" shows that you didn't even bother to do any research before dismissing Henry and how you don't mention that Vaike only passes Armsthrift to Daughters and that his Sol overlaps with Gerome as he already gets Sol.

No matter how you slice it Vaike is a horrible father for Gerome compared to Henry due to the overlaps and the fact that Vaike is far better on a Daughter.

TSON isn't the point here as you can beat it with Donnel if you gave him Tiki's Tear, paired him up his lover, and rallied him up.

The pairings for optimization is and I've already provided points on why the list you provided is oudated and not as optimized as the one I provided. I also explained why Henry works as Gerome's father and that without Armsthrift it isn't worth breeding Henry off to make a subpar Sorcerer when you can already have around 5 easy that will have Armsthrift.
---
#37hunknchunkPosted 4/9/2013 8:02:03 PM
Also, Cherche's modest, stoic nature makes for a perfect counter balance to his giddy, deranged aloofness. And who else can better to appreciate a creature that can devour human flesh (which is clearly the key to unlocking Cherche's iron-encrusted heart)
#38ShadowEspionagePosted 4/9/2013 8:08:23 PM
SazukeEX posted...
It is'nt snide.

You're giving the TC outdated information as what you've listed is indeed outdated. Just like how Kellam x Nowi is outdated with Gaius x Nowi proving far superior.

That and how you say "I don't even know why he suggested Henry" shows that you didn't even bother to do any research before dismissing Henry and how you don't mention that Vaike only passes Armsthrift to Daughters and that his Sol overlaps with Gerome as he already gets Sol.

No matter how you slice is Vaike is a horrible father for Gerome compared to Henry due to the overlaps and the fact that Vaike is far better on a Daughter.

The list was NOT the end all be all of lists. The TC even said himself he didn't even really know where to start with optimal pairings, and I was suggesting who would provide good children with who, NOT who is the best for who. (Notice the huge amount of '/'s)

I already knew that Henry gave good stat's to Gerome, but I disagree with giving Henry's great Sorceror seed with someone you're going to be using as a supporter, and a low tier child at that. Henry deserves to be with someone like Sumia and Maribelle.

And no matter how you much you try to say it, Vaike is not a horrible father compared to Henry, he may be outclassed, but he is not horrible. Horrible would be Ricken.

And btw, in my own thread a few days ago, you had already informed me about Vaike passing down Armsthrift only to daughters, but as already mentioned in this thread, Donnel is still very good for Sully, and Vaike is not a good father for any other daughter, so oh well Vaike.
---
I'm fairly confident that the CoD series can't get any worse than Black Ops. Unless, of course... Treyarch makes Black Ops 2... zombie95
#39hunknchunkPosted 4/9/2013 8:10:40 PM
Cherche would obviously eat Vaike alive. Let's all be real here.
#40ShadowEspionagePosted 4/9/2013 8:15:30 PM
SazukeEX posted...
It is'nt snide.

TSON isn't the point here as you can beat it with Donnel if you gave him Tiki's Tear, paired him up his lover, and rallied him up.

The pairings for optimization is and I've already provided points on why the list you provided is oudated and not as optimized as the one I provided. I also explained why Henry works as Gerome's father and that without Armsthrift it isn't worth breeding Henry off to make a subpar Sorcerer when you can already have around 5 easy that will have Armsthrift.

Optimization for what then? If TSON, the hardest to beat stage in the game, isn't what you're optimizing for, you're optimizing for nothing. It doesn't matter to me the road you take to get there, as long as you get there to me.
And my "outdated list" (despite being similar to yours), is still able to beat TSON.

Having Henry!Brady worked out great for me as a paired up unit and a leading unit. 4/5 Nosferatu/Aversa Night users with Armsthrift is COMPLETELY fine too y'know. Sure, he'd make a fine Sage, not needing Henry as a father, but who cares.
Golden Gaffe + Silver Card = LOTS of Nosferatu's, and 100 Nosferatu's could beat TSON alone.
---