Rate the Skill, Xenologue 1: All Stats+2 and Paragon.

#1guedesbrawlPosted 4/9/2013 8:29:07 PM
Name changed, but it's the same thing as always. Outside of the "who learns what" part, hahaha!

Also, i wonder if all 51 guys who picked the last option on the poll were serious. I forgot that you shouldn't have that kind of option in polls.
-------------------
Characters who can learn All Stats+2 or Paragon: Everyone.

Characters who can inherit All Stats +2 or Paragon: No one.
-------------------

I'm liking this already.

All stats +2 is a compilation of the X +2 skills, and half of Luck +4. All together, we can group them in 4 areas.

1-Offense: Strength +2 and Magic +2, meaning Attack +2 and a Attack +1 bonus damage for Ignis. Decent

2-Defence: Defense +2 and Resistance +2, meaning you will always take 2 less damage from everything. Decent

3-Agility+: Speed +2, can possibly change the entire battle around, but that is rare. Better than the other 2, still decent.

4-Agility-: Skill +2 and Luck +2. Useless.

An agglomeration of C rank skills, a D rank skill and half of another makes a B rank skill for me. Aegis/Pavise are better defensive tools, most proc skills and Agressor are better offensive tools, and Speed...Rally? Nothing else really boosts that, right? Oh well...

Paragon double experience gain, with no conditions.

This is very straightforward...But Veteran isn't S rank anymore, so i can't give that rank to Paragon now. A rank.

-Nominations-

Rightful King: 5/10
Strength +2: 4/10
Defense +2: 3/10
Rally Spectrum: 2/10
Magic +2: 2/10
Rally Movement: 2/10
Resistance +2: 2/10
Luna: 1/10

Rules for Nominations and Rediscussions at the end of OP1:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65914587
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 8:29:18 PM
-Skill Ranking-

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)!A
*Galeforce (Dark Flier, Lv15)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)!S
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)!
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)!S
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)!
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)!B
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)
*Luna (Great Knight,Lv5)
*Dual Guard+ (Great Knight,Lv15)
*Pavise (General,Lv15)
*Aptitude (Villager,Lv1)
*Swordbreaker (Wyvern Lord,Lv15)
*Deliverer (Griffon Rider,Lv5)
*Tomefaire (Sage,Lv15)
*Renewal (War Cleric/Monk,Lv15)
*Dual Support+ (Valkyrie,Lv15)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Rally Speed (Falcon Knight,Lv5)
*Lancefaire (Falcon Knight,Lv15)
*Rally Movement (Dark Flier, Lv5)
*Rally Strength (Warrior,Lv5)
*Counter (Warrior,Lv15)
*Wrath (Berserker,Lv5)
*Axefaire (Berserker,Lv15)
*Lancebreaker (Griffon Rider,Lv15)
*Bowbreaker (Bow Knight,Lv15)
*Rally Magic (Sage,Lv5)
*Lifetaker (Dark Knight,Lv15)
*Anathema (Dark Mage,Lv10)
*Vengeance ( Sorcerer,Lv5)
*Tomebreaker (Sorcerer,Lv15)
*Miracle (Cleric/Priest,Lv1)
*Rally Resistance (Valkyrie,Lv5)
*Beastbane (Taguel,Lv15)
*Conquest (Walhart)
*Shadowgift (Aversa)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)!B
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)!B
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)
*Defense +2 (Knight,Lv1)
*Rally Defense (General,Lv5)
*Speed + 2 (Pegasus Knight,Lv1)
*Relief (Pegasus Knight,Lv10)!
*Underdog (Villager,Lv1)
*HP +5 (Fighter,Lv1)
*Zeal (Fighter,Lv10)
*Despoil (Barbarian,Lv1)!
*Gamble (Barbarian,Lv10)
*Strength +2 (Wyvern Rider,Lv1)
*Quick Burn (Wyvern Lord,Lv5)
*Hit Rate +20 (Sniper,Lv5)
*Bowfaire (Sniper,Lv15)
*Magic +2 (Mage,Lv1)
*Focus (Mage,Lv10)
*Hex (Dark Mage,Lv1)
*Healtouch (Cleric/Priest,Lv1)
*Resistance +2 (Troubadour,Lv1)
*Demoiselle (Troubadour,Lv10)
*Wyrmstbane (Manakete,Lv15)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
*Indoor Fighter (Knight,Lv10)
*Tantivity (Wyvern Rider,Lv10)
*Skill +2 (Archer,Lv1)
*Prescience (Archer,Lv10)
*Rally Skill (Bow Knight,Lv5)
*Slow Burn (Dark Knight,Lv5)
*Rally Luck (War Cleric/Monk,Lv5)
*Even Rhythm (Taguel,Lv1)
*Odd Rhythm (Manakete,Lv1)
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3BlueDryBones1Posted 4/9/2013 8:34:34 PM
Allstats+2 B
Doesnt deserve to be with the rest needs to be 1 higher.

Paragon A
Requires you to be already strong to be able to live and get it but its great for raising weaker units. W/o it takes 14 battles to level up at min 7 battles to level up is nothing. Its like 1/2 of what you get at the very beginning.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#4DragrathPosted 4/9/2013 8:37:10 PM
B and A (as the only broken skill in the game is now A rank, A is the max for everything...)
#5Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/9/2013 8:38:26 PM
All stats+2: B rank. Awesome skill for early in the game when you don't have anything else. It does become "meh" later, but the thing is, CoY3 is pretty easy if you're not low leveled (below level 10 will make CoY3 difficult, especially on the higher difficulties), and can be farmed for the all stats +2 item very early.

Paragon: S rank. Double EXP is sweet, especially since, unlike veteran, it isn't restricted to those that have the tactician class available. LB3 is a bit difficult to do early on though.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#6Huff n puff 20Posted 4/9/2013 8:39:26 PM
B.
S.

All+2 is better than any other Stat+2.
Paragon is Veteran++. IF Veteran is worthy of A rank, Paragon, being superior in every way shape and form, is definitely worthy of S. Availability? Every character in the game can get it.
---
I'm a Thinker, I could Break it Down. I'm a Shooter, Trust me Baby! As we jump out, feel it in the will!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#7Smash MasterPosted 4/9/2013 8:41:45 PM
All Stats +2: B. Its a nice boost, but considering Limit Breaker practically invalidates it...

Paragon: A. Like Veteran and Aptitude, once it loses utility its deadweight, but until then its S tier. That it becomes deadweight eventually does hurt it.

Speaking of Limit Breaker, it may be a good idea to wait an extra day for the next one after this (or take the 2 highest nominations and just Paralogue 'em), to give people time to obtain and play with Limit Breaker. (Assuming its gonna be Iote's Shield/Limit Breaker next)
---
This is a sig, woo.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/If_They_Were/index.php?act=idx
#8spyke252Posted 4/9/2013 8:43:21 PM
Paragon is A, easy. There's really no other way to get 3-4 other class trees worth of skills easily without a large amount of grinding, but even that takes less than say, obtaining a set of Ragnell, Gradvius, Helswath from IR (i.e. outclassed by armsthrift). I do realize you'll drop it at some point, but you'll be getting it anyway if you're grinding, so it's more of a "why the hell not" type thing.

All stats +2: I feel it lands in C tier. Almost any skill in B is demonstrably better, little to no endgame potential, but fairly useful earlygame and for bad units. The map isn't even that useful for grinding anymore. This is why I feel almost all +2 skills should be in D.
#9tw1g_007Posted 4/9/2013 8:47:45 PM(edited)
All Stats+2 > All the faire skills.

I'd rather have All Stats +2 than have Tomefaire as an example. This skill is very underrated. Its used by me almost as a priority but not enough to warrant it everytime. Its a solid A-rank skill.

Paragon I will give a B. [On second thought I realized that I used this skill a lot to raise weaker/underleveled units so I am changing this to a solid A-rank skill]

A for both
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#10guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 8:45:05 PM
Smash Master posted...
All Stats +2: B. Its a nice boost, but considering Limit Breaker practically invalidates it...

Paragon: A. Like Veteran and Aptitude, once it loses utility its deadweight, but until then its S tier. That it becomes deadweight eventually does hurt it.

Speaking of Limit Breaker, it may be a good idea to wait an extra day for the next one after this (or take the 2 highest nominations and just Paralogue 'em), to give people time to obtain and play with Limit Breaker. (Assuming its gonna be Iote's Shield/Limit Breaker next)

no...i'm going by DLC order, so it's Demon Fighter tomorow.
---
Confession Time!