Lissa vs Maribelle and Kjelle father asset question

#1SlashReturnsPosted 4/9/2013 8:42:27 PM
So I'm torn on which to marry in my Magic run(I normally don't play Magic Asset characters), Asset Magic, Flaw Strength.

And for Kjelle, I plan to marry Sully on my Lunatic physical run(I love Kjelle and Sully is pretty cool too) but I don't know what the best Asset for her would be, Defense or Strength?

Also as a Side note I plan to use +Spd/-Mag for my Lunatic Cordelia run :3
---
I am Inigo. Ladies, smile you are all beautiful!/Official Husbando of Nah<3
http://botc.forumotion.com/forum
#2Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/9/2013 8:59:08 PM
Kjelle is actually a SKL/SPD based character, believe it or not (it's Sully's stat mods kicking in there). +STR, +SPD are both good assets for MUxSully. +STR is probably better, since Kjelle is getting a decent SPD mod from Sully anyways, and she could use the extra STR.

As for Lissa vs Maribelle, neither. +MAG MaMU is best with Tharja for a better Noire. Lissa and Maribelle both have good options to pass down to their kids (Tomeflare, Galeforce, renewal, to name a few skills), where Tharja doesn't have much in the way of good skills for Norie (basically, just Luna, DG+, Vengance, Lifetaker, Pavise and tomebreaker).

If it MUST be Lissa or Maribelle, then Lissa is better. She offers the same MAG mod (+7 with MAG asset), but doesn't totally kill your DEF stat either.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#3IlluminaZer0Posted 4/9/2013 9:13:06 PM(edited)
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
Kjelle is actually a SKL/SPD based character, believe it or not (it's Sully's stat mods kicking in there). +STR, +SPD are both good assets for MUxSully. +STR is probably better, since Kjelle is getting a decent SPD mod from Sully anyways, and she could use the extra STR.

As for Lissa vs Maribelle, neither. +MAG MaMU is best with Tharja for a better Noire. Lissa and Maribelle both have good options to pass down to their kids (Tomeflare, Galeforce, renewal, to name a few skills), where Tharja doesn't have much in the way of good skills for Norie (basically, just Luna, DG+, Vengance, Lifetaker, Pavise and tomebreaker).

If it MUST be Lissa or Maribelle, then Lissa is better. She offers the same MAG mod (+7 with MAG asset), but doesn't totally kill your DEF stat either.

+1 magic isn't going to make or break MU's kids. Maribelle's defense modifier is pretty extreme (-3!) but they are neutral in the real killer stat: That being speed.

Min-Maxing isn't needed anyways, even in Lunatic.

Characters with high defense are pretty common in FE13. If you want to try something complimentary to Lissa/Maribelle and unique to your team, +RES should be interesting. It makes your MU's RES grow at a strong rate (meaning all of your stats will grow pretty well), and it will give you a unit (and child) that can essentially plow through magic users with impunity even without grinding.

+RES is my favorite asset to pick, the +SPD bonus helps things as well.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#4Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/9/2013 9:24:13 PM
IlluminaZer0 posted...

+1 magic isn't going to make or break MU's kids. Maribelle's defense modifier is pretty extreme (-3!) but they are neutral in the real killer stat: That being speed.

I wasn't going by the +1 MAG that MaMUxTharja has over Lissa/Maribelle (like you said, +1 MAG is meh), I was going by skills. Lissa and Maribelle pass some good options down to their kids, where Tharja doesn't have as many options.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#5IlluminaZer0Posted 4/9/2013 9:32:03 PM
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
I wasn't going by the +1 MAG that MaMUxTharja has over Lissa/Maribelle (like you said, +1 MAG is meh), I was going by skills. Lissa and Maribelle pass some good options down to their kids, where Tharja doesn't have as many options.

Ah, I'm tired and didn't notice two things:

1) OP has emphasis on "Magic run" and not "marry Lissa/Maribelle" run.
2) That you put far larger emphasis on skills and not caps.

If OP wants to just min-max children then your suggestion is indeed good. If OP is insistent on min-maxing with Maribelle/Lissa as his MU's waifu however, he can give Noire a more optimal skillset through marriage with Donnel/Gaius.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#6SlashReturns(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 9:36:06 PM
Yea I would marry Tharja but I hate the way she is with Noire, so that's a big no no. And yes I am insistent on Lissa or Maribelle :P

And Strength for Kjelle it is! I just could never marry second gen, too weird. Plus I like breaking 2 kids instead of a god-like single kid.
---
I am Inigo. Ladies, smile you are all beautiful!/Official Husbando of Nah<3
http://botc.forumotion.com/forum