After getting a lot of Tharja's support I realized that she's nice.

#11DullahanEXPosted 4/9/2013 11:59:21 PM
Solblade44 posted...
I've gotten up to an A with Gregor's. To not spoil the details, she helps him too.

Which pretty damn awesome, that was a twist I did not see coming from Gregor and it raises a lot of questions about him.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
#12WellThoughtName(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 12:30:31 AM
Solblade44 posted...
I've gotten up to an A with Gregor's. To not spoil the details, she helps him too.

Which pretty damn awesome, that was a twist I did not see coming from Gregor and it raises a lot of questions about him.

I must admit I almost teared up.
---
"A game with amazing story and mediocre gameplay usually beats a game with amazing gameplay and mediocre story." - Vlado, Gaming Expert
#13GettlesPosted 4/10/2013 1:43:57 AM
I've gotten up to S with Stahl

She doesn't do anything nice for him, its mostly him going out of his way to be kind to her.
---
Son loves mother, sweet romance! Poor old Gettles, has no pants
#14EnfusionistPosted 4/10/2013 1:49:05 AM
It's funny that even if Tharja is married, her Support boosts with males in the Barracks still shows up as a Heart symbol, as if she hadn't really devoted herself to her husband.

And, yeah, the mistreatment of her husband and Noire in the future... it's sort of unacceptable.
#15IlluminaZer0Posted 4/10/2013 2:03:08 AM
Enfusionist posted...
It's funny that even if Tharja is married, her Support boosts with males in the Barracks still shows up as a Heart symbol, as if she hadn't really devoted herself to her husband.

Isn't it like that for all characters regardless if they are married or not?
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#16Monkmaster79Posted 4/10/2013 2:13:37 AM
Enfusionist posted...

And, yeah, the mistreatment of her husband and Noire in the future... it's sort of unacceptable.

If the guy isn't married, then it'll have a heart symbol, but if he is, it will be the handshake.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#17GSSAGE7Posted 4/10/2013 4:00:34 AM
IlluminaZer0 posted...
Tharja gets flack for these reasons:

1) How she treats Noire
2) How she treats her husband trying to protect Noire
3) How coldly she treats Morgan as her mother.

I would think that a woman who would be willing to utterly change her personality at MU's whim wouldn't take offense at a simple request to not afflict their daughter with symptoms of disease.

I can't tell if there is a disconnect or what, but as a mother/wife she is... Yeah.

To be fair, Tharja's curses aren't EXACTLY the same as Henry's. Henry's curses only come in one flavor "Death." They all are designed to kill.
Tharja, on the other hand, can cast curses that make you happy (assuming she knows how to cast the curse Ricken did), random transformations (threatens to turn Vaike into a frog), communicating with the dead (Gregor's support), and curing diseases (Donnel's supports). So yeah, cursing Noire isn't "quite" as bad as it sounds, when you know what counts as a "curse".

As for Morgan's non-Avatar parent supports, they're all more or less the same, with only minor differences, so I can't comment on that.

Scaring Noire's father to the point where he thinks she'll kill him? Yeah, I can't justify that particular one. Tharja's just nuts.
#18NewbieN00bPosted 4/10/2013 4:01:55 AM
My main issue, as mentioned, is her treatment of her kids. It's almost aggravating, TBH.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#19Strawberry_EggsPosted 4/10/2013 4:39:35 AM
That disconnect between her apparently good nature but still willing to curse her daughter, mistreat her husband, and have an unhealthy obsession with the Avatar is what aggravates me the most. I can't like her because of the later and I can't dislike her because of the former. Granted, some of her actions like ignoring Noire except to use as a guinea pig can be attributed to her future self, but she's still willing to use her as a test subject now.
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games - http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
Official Nah of the Fire Emblem: Awakening board.
#20Pikmin3000Posted 4/10/2013 6:15:46 AM
Meh, she's still a rapist, that kind of ruins it...
---
Expecting a witty signature?
TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!