Best Pairings For Children

#1ConanAPTX4869Posted 4/10/2013 12:04:26 AM
Okay so I was just wondering what the best pairings for strong children are. The only characters I have paired so far are my main female character and Chrom. Also I was thinking Cordelia x Lon'Qu and Miriel x Kellam. I'd like to do Panne x Stahl because I like them together but if that's a bad match stat wise for Yarne or if Stahl is better for another pairing I don't have to. What would be the best choices? I really like Severa, Inigo, Owain and Yarne (in that order) so I'd like to optimize them as much as possible. So right now my plan is:

My character x Chrom
Cordelia x Lon'Qu
Miriel x Kellam
Panne x Stahl

Let me know if you think I should change those although I can't change my character and Chrom.
#2ConanAPTX4869(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 2:31:00 AM
Okay, so this is what I have so far:

My character x Chrom
Lissa x Libra
Sully x Virion
Miriel x Kellam
Maribelle x Gregor
Panne x Stahl
Cordelia x Lon'qu
Nowi x Donnel
Sumia x Henry
Olivia x Frederick
Cherche x Gaius
Tharja x Vaike

What do you think? Any changes I should make?
#3HonzouPosted 4/10/2013 2:45:01 AM
I'll say this, you get minus 5 points in the theme department for making Owain magic focused instead of allowing his sword hand to run rampant.

My suggestion since this is stat wise, maybe try Virion!Olivia that way Inigo has better stats cause Inigo has access to a solid set of classes already.

Another choice is Cherche!Vaike since it makes Gerome a better physical fighter, but be sure to pass down any skills you need from Vaike (I think he has access to myrmidon and/or Hero).
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#4ConanAPTX4869(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 3:04:33 AM
Honzou posted...
I'll say this, you get minus 5 points in the theme department for making Owain magic focused instead of allowing his sword hand to run rampant.

My suggestion since this is stat wise, maybe try Virion!Olivia that way Inigo has better stats cause Inigo has access to a solid set of classes already.

Another choice is Cherche!Vaike since it makes Gerome a better physical fighter, but be sure to pass down any skills you need from Vaike (I think he has access to myrmidon and/or Hero).

I thought it would be better to go with magic for Owain because Lissa gives such low strength and defense. Do you think it would be better to go with something else? Just from looking around at what other people have said the general consensus seems to be that he has more tendency toward magic because of Lissa.

Hmm okay so you think Virion is better? Does he have any good skills to pass down? (Sorry I'm new to this and there's just a lot to consider.)

So Gaius isn't a good choice for Cherche? Should I switch Vaike to Cherche and Gaius to Tharja?
#5HonzouPosted 4/10/2013 3:20:23 AM
Well you can "fix" Owain's STR issue by marrying him to one of the parents that give better Strength modifiers.

The case of Virion!Inigo is more based on the stats than anything else, cause like I said... Inigo has a decent selection of classes for himself, so Virion is there to give him a decent stat boost. Best you could do is have Virion pass Hit +20 or Bowbreaker, or lifetaker, but Inigo has access to Sol already.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
#6ConanAPTX4869(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 3:30:07 AM
Honzou posted...
Well you can "fix" Owain's STR issue by marrying him to one of the parents that give better Strength modifiers.

The case of Virion!Inigo is more based on the stats than anything else, cause like I said... Inigo has a decent selection of classes for himself, so Virion is there to give him a decent stat boost. Best you could do is have Virion pass Hit +20 or Bowbreaker, or lifetaker, but Inigo has access to Sol already.

If I did want to go that direction who do you suggest to fix STR and DEF issues?

Okay, that makes sense. So if I went with Olivia x Virion for Inigo then what should I do with Sully?

Also should I switch Vaike to Cherche and Gaius to Tharja?
#7HonzouPosted 4/10/2013 3:44:02 AM
for Lissa and Sully you could go either with Frederick, but if you do Frederick!Lissa then Owain's SPD isn't up to standards.

Kjelle as well benefits from Frederick if you don't mind Kjelle being an offensive tank. You could also use Gregor but I hear people reserve him for Severa or maybe Yarne.

Actually let me just link you to the inheritance page. That way you can see each child and the stat modifiers and class access.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/children/azure.html
---
#8MichaelXCPosted 4/10/2013 4:26:49 AM
ConanAPTX4869 posted...
Honzou posted...

If I did want to go that direction who do you suggest to fix STR and DEF issues?

Okay, that makes sense. So if I went with Olivia x Virion for Inigo then what should I do with Sully?

Yes that is a good idea.

Some pairs to shuffle around maybe? Nowi probably doesn't need Galeforce or Armsthrift from Donnel so I say give Donnel to Sully instead, and let Nowi have Gregor for Vantage+Sol for a good tank. Panne can have Fred for a support Dual Guard + Yarne (who as a Berserker, makes the perfect support for Nah with +Str and Spd pair-up bonuses). and swap Stahl to Miriel for Vantage Sorcerer Laurant. Maribelle should pair up with Ricken for the huge magic boost and while Ricken doesn't provide any good skills, Brady already has enough good skills that he doesn't need any more.

As for Lissa x Libra, I say keep it. Its good, and you can just make him a Dread Fighter if you want to keep to the "sword-hand" theme, with a little added magic flare (41 str and 42 mag is still very functional), and if you get tired of it, re-class him to a pure magic user easily and take advantage of that nice magic cap.
#9ConanAPTX4869(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 8:28:27 PM
MichaelXC posted...
ConanAPTX4869 posted...
Honzou posted...

Yes that is a good idea.

Some pairs to shuffle around maybe? Nowi probably doesn't need Galeforce or Armsthrift from Donnel so I say give Donnel to Sully instead, and let Nowi have Gregor for Vantage+Sol for a good tank. Panne can have Fred for a support Dual Guard + Yarne (who as a Berserker, makes the perfect support for Nah with +Str and Spd pair-up bonuses). and swap Stahl to Miriel for Vantage Sorcerer Laurant. Maribelle should pair up with Ricken for the huge magic boost and while Ricken doesn't provide any good skills, Brady already has enough good skills that he doesn't need any more.

As for Lissa x Libra, I say keep it. Its good, and you can just make him a Dread Fighter if you want to keep to the "sword-hand" theme, with a little added magic flare (41 str and 42 mag is still very functional), and if you get tired of it, re-class him to a pure magic user easily and take advantage of that nice magic cap.

Is Stahl okay for Panne or is Frederick that much better? I just really like the two of them together. So I should do Donnel x Sully and Nowi x Gregor.

Is there a good midpoint for Owain? I'd like him to be balanced between physical and magic sort of like the MU but MU is with Chrom already. Isn't Dread Fighter DLC only? I don't really do DLC.
#10SazukeEXPosted 4/10/2013 8:33:29 PM(edited)
Best usage of parentage for the kids with as little waste as possible. This also brings up many children to great to ridiculous status.

MU x Sumia - Cynthia/Morgan
Chrom x Olivia - Lucina/Inigo
Cordelia x Frederick/Lon'qu - Severa
Miriel x Gregor - Laurent
Nowi x Gaius - Nah
Tharja x Donnel - Noire
Sully x Vaike - Kjelle
Panne x Stahl - Yarne
Lissa x Libra - Owain
Maribelle x Kellam/Ricken/Virion - Brady
Cherche x Henry - Gerome
---