Min/Maxing, any pros out there?

#1grrCHOMPdPosted 4/10/2013 7:04:36 AM
I wanted to start a new file to start min/maxing my characters. I'm planning on having MU marry Nowi to get two awesome Manaketes but I can't decide on an Asset/Flaw or skills for them! (it's hard coz I kinda wanna make MU viable as well...)

(Here are the rest of my pairings in case you wanted to know)

-Chrom x Olivia = great Lucina and amazing Inigo
-MU x Nowi = two super dragons
-Lon'qu x Cordelia = this was Stahl but I had to shuffle around to make Yarne (I LOVE HIM) useful
-Henry x Sumia = Useful Dark Flier Cynthia
-Gaius x Lissa = Miracle/Vantage/Sol Owain
-Ricken x Maribelle = Sage Brady
-Frederick x Cherche = Supporter Wyvern Lord Gerome
-Stahl x Panne = DG+/Deliverer/aggressor support Yarne or Vantage/Wrath/Luna Yarne
-Vaike x Sully = Armsthrift Kjelle
-Gregor x Miriel = Laurent with great skills
-Donnel x Tharja = Galeforce/Counter/Sol Sniper Noire
#2SazukeEXPosted 4/10/2013 7:25:54 AM(edited)
Manakete's use STR and don't care for MAG unless you use Ignis(and they are better skills than that). So there's that.

As for optimization... It looks good. Though note that a Supporter doesn't care for anything but STR and SKL and that Frederick's main selling point is Aegis + Pavise which is useless on a straight supporter. Frederick also doesn't give a Faire to Gerome thus limiting his Dual Strike damage.

An example being.

Frederick gives Gerome +6 STR.

Henry gives +5 STR to Gerome.

Henry also gives Axefaire.

Thus he ends up giving Gerome +10 STR, 4 more than Frederick which adds up.

However, as you didn't marry Sumia it means Henry is the best option for Cynthia - Dark Flier Supporter.

So I see why you went with Frederick in this scenario and it's fine.

Owain can already get Miracle and Vantage. Though Sol is a nice touch and as you're marrying Nowi it means Gaius is free to be Owain's father.

I don't like Ricken!Brady due him only giving Archer line to Brady which is useless and his caps aren't exactly amazing either. I prefer Virion for Support Brady or Kellam for a durable Sage Brady that can be offensive as well.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#3KeeperofthedarkPosted 4/10/2013 7:26:14 AM
What you might want to consider is instead marrying Kellam to Nowi, and then having your MU marry Nah. This would get you the optimal Manakete Morgan, especially if you give your MU a defense asset. Then Morgan is a tank with the highest defense in the game, at least I'm pretty sure.

To that effect, defensive skills would likely be very good for both Manaketes. So stuff like Agies and Pavis would work well.
#4SazukeEXPosted 4/10/2013 7:29:54 AM
If he does that than he will have to shuffle his pairings and he will end up with a slightly stronger Morgan at the cost of a much weaker Nah.

Two Manakete Daughters are better than a slightly stronger one and both are going to be durable anyway.

For Min/Maxing standpoint a 3rd Generation Morgan is a huge waste as you get far more benefit from having two 2nd generation Morgans.
---
#5grrCHOMPd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 7:35:00 AM
Keeperofthedark, I see what you mean, but I think I'd rather have two Galeforcing/offensive manaketes than one super-defensive one.

Thank for your input SazukeEX, as you can see I put A LOT of thought into this >w<
But how do Virion/Kellam help Brady exactly? I chose Ricken just for the MAG stat tbh, I couldn't think of someone else since it's recommended to have Armsthrift on Sorcerer's (Aversa's Night!) and I can't get that skill on him.

I was considering Asset Speed, Flaw Luck.
This gives me +2 Skill, +4 Speed, -1 in both offensive stats.

I don't think -1 is a huge deal, right? And the speed is necessary I think since manaketes are pretty slow even with Dragonstone +...
#6MichaelXCPosted 4/10/2013 7:48:51 AM(edited)
grrCHOMPd posted...
Keeperofthedark, I see what you mean, but I think I'd rather have two Galeforcing/offensive manaketes than one super-defensive one.

Thank for your input SazukeEX, as you can see I put A LOT of thought into this >w<
But how do Virion/Kellam help Brady exactly? I chose Ricken just for the MAG stat tbh, I couldn't think of someone else since it's recommended to have Armsthrift on Sorcerer's (Aversa's Night!) and I can't get that skill on him.

I was considering Asset Speed, Flaw Luck.
This gives me +2 Skill, +4 Speed, -1 in both offensive stats.

I don't think -1 is a huge deal, right? And the speed is necessary I think since manaketes are pretty slow even with Dragonstone +...

Virion gives higher skill --> more dual attacks? (I don't think it matters that much, so Virion is questionable really, dual strike rate is (Lead & Support unit's combined Skill / 4), so an extra 2 skill at most would provide an extra 1%...)
Here: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/dual.html
Kellum --> actually good, good defence bonus over Ricken with only 2 lower magic and also providing Pavise (hence durable)
#7SazukeEXPosted 4/10/2013 7:46:15 AM
Virion gives 2 less MAG, true, but he grants Brady the support skill Deliverer on top of giving Archer line which Ricken gives.

Str -2
Mag +3
Skl +4
Spd +3
Lck +3
Def -4
Res +3

Str -3
Mag +5
Skl +2
Spd +1
Lck +5
Def -3
Res +3

Their mods are extremely similar with Virion being better in SKL and SPD. As a Support he doesn't need SPD but having +2 SKL is nice as is Deliverer since +2 MOV if he's paired is pretty nice. Of course if you're going to pair Brady with a Dark Flier than +2 Move isn't all that grand.

So in that scenario(Dark Flier paired with Sage Brady) Ricken will be better due to them really not offering all that much of a difference between each other for Brady.

As a more offensive Brady I prefer Kellam as his daddy for decent mods and Knight and Thief Line.

Str -1
Mag +3
Skl +3
Spd -1
Lck +2
Def +1
Res +3
---
#8grrCHOMPd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 7:46:30 AM
quick question: How does Skill affect a supporting unit? Their Strength stat is obviously important but it's not like they can activate skills while supporting.
(unless Skill affects Dual Attack Rate... >__>')
#9SazukeEXPosted 4/10/2013 7:52:43 AM
SKL also affects Hit and Crit rates on top of being used or activation abilities.

The Hit and Crit stuff is why it's the next important stat after STR/MAG for supporters.
---
#10grrCHOMPd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 7:53:16 AM
eh ok my Skill/Support question was answered. (I still don't know how to edit my own postes)

Kellam sounds like a great choice to use Pavise/Aegis on Brady.
I was thinking of pairing Brady up with DF Maribelle coz I absolutely love her and I wanna use her. But I also love Virion... Maybe they should marry each other >_<'

Thanks for everything, but any thoughts on the Asset/Flaw of MU? Or skills for the two manaketes, I can't decide on which to use, there're too many options!

-Limitbreaker
-Galeforce
-Luna
-....and I'm stuck... maybe Sol/Vantage or something like Pavise/Aegis too