Should my avatar's final class be Dread Fighter, Sorcerer, or Grandmaster?

#1A_MAZ_INGPosted 4/10/2013 9:22:06 AM(edited)
I compared their stats and they're vary similar (minus str obviously for Sorcerer), with most being withing 1 to 3 points of each other except Sorcerer has a +4 Res over GM (grandmaster) and DF's magic capping at 41 while Sorcerer's caps out at 47.
GM seems to be the weakest (albeit not by much) and a mixture of the two.

I'm leaning towards making him a Grandmaster because:

A) I feel like it's his "canon Class"
B) As much I love Dark Magic, I already have 3 sorcerers. And since I usually modify my dark magic to make up for the usual lack of hit rate, I can only have so many forges
C) Dread Fighter really DOES look stupid tome wielding.

Advice? Thoughts?

EDIT; Asset: Mag
Flaw: Luck

Skills (active ones listed first)
1. Rally Spectrum
2. Avoid +10
3. Astra
4. Vantage
5. Lifetaker
Veteran
Slowburn
Solidarity
Ignis
#2Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/10/2013 9:18:00 AM
I'm guessing your asset/flaw is MAG/RES? If so, then he will be far better off as either a Sorcerer or Grandmaster. Dread Fighter is more of a physical class that can use magic when they need it.

Anyways, it boils down to if you want to use Ingis or not. If you want to use Ingis, then Grandmaster > Sorcerer, since you'll have 40 STR, and 43 MAG (which is + 20 or 21 damage when it triggers). Sorcerer only has 30 STR, so that's -5 damage off from Grandmaster, and no Physical option either.

Of course, if you don't want to use Ingis, then Sorcerer is the way to go.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#3A_MAZ_ING(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 9:23:19 AM
Devil_Killer_JC posted...
I'm guessing your asset/flaw is MAG/RES? If so, then he will be far better off as either a Sorcerer or Grandmaster. Dread Fighter is more of a physical class that can use magic when they need it.

Anyways, it boils down to if you want to use Ingis or not. If you want to use Ingis, then Grandmaster > Sorcerer, since you'll have 40 STR, and 43 MAG (which is + 20 or 21 damage when it triggers). Sorcerer only has 30 STR, so that's -5 damage off from Grandmaster, and no Physical option either.

Well I have Astra as well as Ingis...
#4RoyMaster4Posted 4/10/2013 9:26:57 AM
I went with Dark Knight - you don't lose any damage on an Ignis proc (-1 from Ignis but +1 from Magic cap), barely lose anything defensively (+2 Def and -2 Res), keep your sword options, and gain a good boost in movement. The only downside is the beast weakness which shouldn't be a big deal.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
Pokemon White FC: 1420-6147-6059
#5Devil_Killer_JCPosted 4/10/2013 9:29:09 AM
A_MAZ_ING posted...
Devil_Killer_JC posted...

Well I have Astra as well as Ingis...

Well, that doesn't change much, since Astra is good for both classes. Grandmaster has swords and magic, plus better stats for Ingis, so if you're keeping Ingis, then yeah, Grandmaster is the best choice.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com