Are there any other ways to screw up in this game?

#1KyuutoryuuPosted 4/10/2013 9:13:53 PM
So far, I can only think of bad marrying choices and playing chapters, missing something, then saving. So as long as I don't marry off characters without thought, and don't save after a chapter untill I know I got everything, I should be good right?
#2MeconaPosted 4/10/2013 9:16:55 PM
The only thing you can miss really is Boots.

Other than that, there is really no "bad" marriage. But, the correct way to say it is it's not "optimal" for DLC challenges. The game itself is very beatable with multiple strategies. But if you got to go for the DLC content, making a more presentable spread of "optimal" might be better.
---
"Down Sword Hand!"
#3WebbOMGPosted 4/10/2013 9:19:56 PM(edited)
Pretty much.

Make sure you loot the Boots in Chapter 17. 1 of only 2 sets in the game.
#4WebbOMGPosted 4/10/2013 9:18:50 PM
Mecona posted...
Other than that, there is really no "bad" marriage.

I have to argue this. Olivia x Gregor is a "bad marriage." So is Sully x Frederick.

Both of this pairings are abysmally horrid for the children involved as they offer NO additional classes and NO additional skills to them.
#5MeconaPosted 4/10/2013 9:21:17 PM
WebbOMG posted...
Mecona posted...
Other than that, there is really no "bad" marriage.

I have to argue this. Olivia x Gregor is a "bad marriage." So is Sully x Frederick.

Both of this pairings are abysmally horrid for the children involved as they offer NO additional classes and NO additional skills to them.

Like I said it's not optimal but you surely can beat the game with that marriage choice(s). You can call it bad but "bad" is subjective depending on what kind of difficulty run a player is going for anyway.

But yes, some choices are pretty... useless gameplay-wise.
---
"Down Sword Hand!"
#6TehTrumpCardPosted 4/10/2013 9:25:34 PM
You can also have children inherit the wrong skill or have them not inherit an opposite gender skill, the later of which won't really screw you over if that skill was going to be Galeforce.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/durrhubba
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#7kingbriannPosted 4/10/2013 9:27:33 PM
-miss boots
-miss class exclusive skill
-be an idiot and pair vaike with miriel
-npc nagas tear
-you fail if you dont have nosferutank or aversatank
---
3ds XL FC : 1461-7483-3739 l Nintendo Network ID: kingbrian
PSN: kinggbrian
#8WebbOMGPosted 4/10/2013 9:31:39 PM(edited)
They're bad marriages gameplay-wise. No ifs ands or buts.

But you don't need any children characters to beat this game at all. You don't even have to use the forced one.
#9MforzPosted 4/10/2013 9:33:01 PM
Saving after a character died,but I guess that's obvious
---
AshuNerA isn't my name,NAgA neither. I'm in AkaNeiA and everywhere,helping you in your quest like I helped ANri. Be it rAdiANt dAwN or AwAkeNiNg, I am there.
#10silver123456789Posted 4/10/2013 9:33:10 PM
if youre looking to complete main storyline (which you should on first playthrough only, dont worry about other garbage in this game in 1st playthru) then no, you cant really screw up. marriages mean nothing because kids are underleveled and its a waste of time to use them for the main story.
---
www.chaoscoalition.net