Ranged sword weapons need to return.

#1Gold_VanguardPosted 4/11/2013 6:56:09 AM
And before someone mentions Ragnell being 1-2 range, it's a legendary weapon you can't obtain normally in the game without being lucky and finding it on a sparkly title. Levin Sword is a fine weapon but there needs to be an alternative. Axes have hand axes and Bolt Axe. Wind Sword and Tempest Blade were great weapons in Radiant Dawn. Anyone else agree?
---
Die with magnificent- Virion Fire Emblem Awakening.
#2Shadow Stalker XPosted 4/11/2013 7:00:43 AM
I agree with this.
---
Stop reading my sig, you are wasting time doing so.
#3GokotsuPosted 4/11/2013 7:01:27 AM
Shadow Stalker X posted...
I agree with this.

---
PSN,Steam, RE.NET, LoL IGN: Gokotsu
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Fire Emblem:Awakening, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
#4AyanokojiAkunoPosted 4/11/2013 7:03:22 AM
Well, you can't get Ragnell at all in the game (i.e. event tiles) outside of the Infinite Regalia DLC mission and swiping Priam's Ragnell when we eventually get him

But yes, there should have been more 1-2 range sword weapons (Amatsu is okay, but myrmidon classes only)
---
Akuno Ayanokoji
#5EnfusionistPosted 4/11/2013 7:06:00 AM
It can be unaccommodating, but I accept it as a fine drawback for good classes like Swordmasters and Assassins. If you want the good accuracy and decent sword class, you'll have to settle for 1-ranged weaponry. They even put Ragnell's accuracy quite low for swords to further support the "good accurate sword means 1-range attack" motive.

Besides, people don't use swords for much longer ranges. I can see Throwing Axes and Javelins, but the only "swords" that come to mind as ranged are throwing knives, if you could even consider them as swords.
#6Shadow_Master_JPosted 4/11/2013 7:09:23 AM
I miss Wind Edge, Storm Sword and Tempest Blade, too. They were nice additions to swordlocked characters... Now we have to rely on mostly useless Levin, and legendaries like Amatsu and Ragnell.

I say Levin is mostly useless because: Low damage for most characters, no effect against fliers (Wind Sword), no Nosferatu effect (Runesword), and they are quite expensive (assuming no-grind).
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#7EnfusionistPosted 4/11/2013 7:15:46 AM
Shadow_Master_J posted...
I miss Wind Edge, Storm Sword and Tempest Blade, too. They were nice additions to swordlocked characters... Now we have to rely on mostly useless Levin, and legendaries like Amatsu and Ragnell.

I say Levin is mostly useless because: Low damage for most characters, no effect against fliers (Wind Sword), no Nosferatu effect (Runesword), and they are quite expensive (assuming no-grind).

I guess it's because I never truly played the other Fire Emblems, so these Swords that you mention sound pretty "fantastical" and "imaginary" to me (sort of like the Levin Sword, but with some bonus effects, I think), so much that I'd think the developers were pushing the boundaries of what a real sword was. I'd much prefer if they just removed the Levin Sword since it seems more like an unnecessary "bonus" weapon that is just there to be cool.
#8mystermandragonPosted 4/11/2013 7:16:50 AM
the point is to differenciate each class of weapons. If you have every class of weapon with Bronze, iron, steel, silver, legendary weapons, and 3 classes of throwing weapons, the only thing that distinguishes them are numbers and the weapon triangle.
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#9SazukeEXPosted 4/11/2013 7:17:24 AM
We need Flying Swords.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#10DemiseEndPosted 4/11/2013 7:20:37 AM
Enfusionist posted...
Shadow_Master_J posted...

I guess it's because I never truly played the other Fire Emblems, so these Swords that you mention sound pretty "fantastical" and "imaginary" to me (sort of like the Levin Sword, but with some bonus effects, I think), so much that I'd think the developers were pushing the boundaries of what a real sword was. I'd much prefer if they just removed the Levin Sword since it seems more like an unnecessary "bonus" weapon that is just there to be cool.

They are indeed pretty "fantastical" and "imaginary"

Its pretty much one of the biggest reason to play FE4 and 5
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it