Chrom x Olivia: How to keep Chrom from gaining Support points

#1gunarm_dynePosted 4/12/2013 9:37:54 AM
I've seen a couple of recent topics about people wanting to pair Chrom with Olivia but have accidentally reached Support levels with his other potential brides.

There's an easy way around this that becomes available as early as Chapter 3: Pair Chrom up with any male character and put him in the back. He will not gain any Support points with anyone else even if they're adjacent.

For my Support grinding file I literally had a Battle Save at Ch. 11 where Chrom was 2 spaces away from each of the potential brides. The woman who paired up with him to deliver the final blow to the last enemy literally determined who he would marry.
---
XBLA: Gunarm Dyne PSN: GunarmDyne Steam: gunarm_dyne
My collection of games: http://backloggery.com/gunarmdyne
#2DemiseEndPosted 4/12/2013 9:44:04 AM(edited)
Why use an overcomplicated explanation when Olivia has the highest priority out of the girl anyway....

Like.... hell Solo Chapter 11 with Chrom and paired with Olivia and unless you have initiated the C support by menu, you WILL get Olivia. Use some Seeds if you are not confident enough to solo the whole thing

And if by accidentally gave Chrom support point you mean "I clicked Chrom's romantic C support" that is the player being dumb

Simple as that
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#3gunarm_dyne(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 9:47:58 AM
It was especially handy for the Support grinding, though.

Was able to get Chrom married, get Lucina's Parent/Sibling supports, reload, and move on to the next.

Granted, Chrom's final marriage was to the Maiden in that file, it allowed for leaving all of the other Support options open to be completed without having to restart the entire game again.
---
XBLA: Gunarm Dyne PSN: GunarmDyne Steam: gunarm_dyne
My collection of games: http://backloggery.com/gunarmdyne
#4MunchkinatorPosted 4/12/2013 9:48:30 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
Why use an overcomplicated explanation when Olivia has the highest priority out of the girl anyway....

Like.... hell Solo Chapter 11 with Chrom and paired with Olivia and unless you have initiated the C support by menu, you WILL get Olivia. Use some Seeds if you are not confident enough to solo the whole thing

And if by accidentally gave Chrom support point you mean "I clicked Chrom's romantic C support" that is the player being dumb

Simple as that

Errr... what? Olivia is the LOWEST (non-feMU) priority character. Do some damn research man.
---
Another day, another unsuccessful genetic abomination!
#5daytonthegreatPosted 4/12/2013 9:54:40 AM(edited)
gunarm_dyne posted...
I've seen a couple of recent topics about people wanting to pair Chrom with Olivia but have accidentally reached Support levels with his other potential brides.

There's an easy way around this that becomes available as early as Chapter 3: Pair Chrom up with any male character and put him in the back. He will not gain any Support points with anyone else even if they're adjacent.

For my Support grinding file I literally had a Battle Save at Ch. 11 where Chrom was 2 spaces away from each of the potential brides. The woman who paired up with him to deliver the final blow to the last enemy literally determined who he would marry.

Here's my version of how to keep Chrom from gaining support points from the girls.

1. Pair Chrom up with Cordelia, Miriel, Tharja and Nowi because they never support.
2. Pair Chrom up Male only Characters all the way until Olivia becomes playable.
3. Avoid the Barracks because there is a chance that Chrom will be talking to one of the girls he might support with.
4. Marry off the Girls that Chrom can marry except for Olivia.

I hope this helps out greatly =)
---
I liked this Story....
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9045624/1/Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Hexes-and-Proposals
#6DemiseEndPosted 4/12/2013 10:02:42 AM(edited)
Munchkinator posted...
DemiseEnd posted...

Simple as that

Errr... what? Olivia is the LOWEST (non-feMU) priority character. Do some damn research man.

Just about two or three pages from this topic, and from a topic Serenesforest, it has been proven that Olivia is indeed the highest.

the one who should do the research is you.

**** you can literally google Olivia Sumia and you will get the damn thing
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#7LurkerkillerPosted 4/12/2013 10:00:52 AM
Munchkinator posted...
DemiseEnd posted...

Simple as that

Nope, maybe you should do some research instead of just reading what people think is the common knowledge.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#8KevinCCPosted 4/12/2013 10:42:01 AM
In the case of equal support levels, the priority goes Sumia > Maribelle > Sully > Olivia > Robin F.

Copy-pasted directly from serenesforest's section on marriage (with MY term for Robin inserted as the only change). Olivia is well -below- Sumia for priority.
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
#9almostexactlyPosted 4/12/2013 10:45:43 AM
They were discussing Olivia > Sumia in the SerenesForest forums so it's pretty hot off the presses new info. Olivia appears to have higher priority then previously thought.
#10WebbOMGPosted 4/12/2013 10:50:49 AM(edited)
Here's how you marry Chrom and Olivia:

Don't watch Chrom's C supports with Sumia, Sully, Maribelle or FeMU.
Pair up Chrom and Olivia in Chapter 11 and either use a Seed of Trust or kill a few enemies.

The. End.