Other Fire Emblem Titles?

#1ThundredPosted 4/17/2013 2:42:20 PM
So I've pretty much done everything in this game and sadly are getting a little bored with it, but I just love fire emblem. What other fire emblem games can I play on my 3DS? I have shadow dragon for the ds, but are there any other games either cartridge or downloadable? And of these, which ones would you guys recommend?
#2shiningpikablu252Posted 4/17/2013 2:54:19 PM(edited)
As far as international DSes are concerned, all you've got besides Awakening is Shadow Dragon and importing the Japan-only New Mystery (all Nintendo handheld hardware as far as physical cartridge games are, always have been, and always will be region-free, hence any 3DS can play an imported New Mystery; this is the opposite of home console hardware, which have always employed region locks and probably always will). That is, unless you have access to the Ambassador program made available to early adopters; the Ambassador program gave early access to 10 NES and 10 GBA games from the eShop, and one of the GBA games just happens to be FE8...

(Japanese 3DSes also have access to FE1 and FE2 on the eShop. Neither were part of the Ambassador program, meaning everyone has to pay...)
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#3DlordflashPosted 4/17/2013 2:50:10 PM
on the 3ds? none, shadow dragon is widely considered inferior to most other titles. you could play sacred stones a GBA game thats on the eshop ONLY if you were in the ambassador program if not your out of luck
#4arvilinoPosted 4/17/2013 2:54:40 PM(edited)
Unfortunately you can't play any Fire Emblem games other than Shadow Dragon or Awakening on the 3DS(with Sacred Stones only available as part of the ambassador programme if you bought a near launch regular 3DS before the price drop).

If you can get a Nintendo DS or a DS-lite you'll be able to play "Fire Emblem"(Blazing Sword) or Fire Emblem Sacred Stones with the GBA cartridges(alternatively you could get a GBA).

There's always the chance the 3DS will get another Fire Emblem game eventually since they usually release more than one per handheld system(it's just that for the DS, New Mystery didn't get localized) and Awakening has sold pretty well.
#5MforzPosted 4/17/2013 2:54:03 PM
Play Fire Emblem for the GBA. If you cant get the original....well,you know......erm..cough cough EM***TOR
---
AshuNerA isn't my name,NAgA neither. I'm in AkaNeiA and everywhere,helping you in your quest like I helped ANri. Be it rAdiANt dAwN or AwAkeNiNg, I am there.
#6WhiteTigerShiroPosted 4/17/2013 2:58:05 PM
Try and find a game shop that deals in used titles (not Gamestop) and they should have a GBA for a decent price. From there, both Fire Emblem games you could pick from (if they have them) are pretty good choices.
---
"Not all who wander are lost."
http://whitetigershiro.blogspot.com/
#7NidtendofreakPosted 4/17/2013 3:01:06 PM
shiningpikablu252 posted...
As far as international DSes are concerned, all you've got besides Awakening is Shadow Dragon and importing the Japan-only New Mystery (all Nintendo handheld hardware as far as physical cartridge games are, always have been, and always will be region-free, hence any 3DS can play an imported New Mystery; this is the opposite of home console hardware, which have always employed region locks and probably always will). That is, unless you have access to the Ambassador program made available to early adopters; the Ambassador program gave early access to 10 NES and 10 GBA games from the eShop, and one of the GBA games just happens to be FE8...

(Japanese 3DSes also have access to FE1 and FE2 on the eShop. Neither were part of the Ambassador program, meaning everyone has to pay...)

3DS games are region locked. Can't play SRW UX without a Japanese 3DS.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#8Thundred(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 3:04:04 PM
That's pretty lame that I missed out on FE8 on the eshop.. But of the two GBA games, which would you guys consider the better one?
#9NewbieN00bPosted 4/17/2013 3:05:14 PM
Thundred posted...
That's pretty lame that I missed out on FE8 on the eshop.. But of the two GBA games, which would you guys consider the better one?

Fe7 is generally considered the better one.

(Though, FE8 is more similar to awakening, and I like FE8 more :p But, that is just my opinion)
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#10DemiseEndPosted 4/17/2013 3:05:26 PM
Fire Emblem on GBA

If you want to go further you need some emulator and stuff.....
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it