"Sealing" the fate of Pegasus Knights.

#1Gamecube_GamerPosted 4/17/2013 6:14:55 PM
I have two Level 10 pegasus knights (Sumia and Cordelia). Cordelia is used regularily, though that may change (10 strength) Sumia, meanwhile, is pretty much worthless, with only 6 strength (but better in just about everything else). I did consider making Sumia a knight, but that would mean no Galeforce.

Since Sumia married Chrom, I want her to get Galeforce before they recruit their time-warped daughter. Cordelia, meanwhile, is currently single.

Should I go to Level 20 with them before promoting, or should I promote now and hasten the arrivel of Galeforce? And if I do promote, who should be first (I only have 1 spare seal)?
---
MirielxDark Mage MU
Alone, they are strong. Together, they are unstoppable.
#2SazukeEXPosted 4/17/2013 6:20:29 PM
As a first promote I always get to 20.

Anyway, Sumia isn't going to be all that great but at the very least get her to 20 than take her to Dark Flier.

Second Seal Cordelia to Mercenary, promote to Hero, than second seal to Dark Flier.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#3LunicktmmPosted 4/17/2013 6:23:00 PM
I always promote/change classes right away. Maxing out level does nothing for you other than raising the "internal level" of the unit and making it harder to get other needed skills. Once you get the skill/level you need in a particular class, you should switch ASAP.
---
www.SRB2.org My favorite Sonic game ever. Too bad Sega didn't make it.
HG FC - 2708 4138 5430
#4keiiiinessPosted 4/17/2013 6:45:06 PM
Lunicktmm posted...
I always promote/change classes right away. Maxing out level does nothing for you other than raising the "internal level" of the unit and making it harder to get other needed skills. Once you get the skill/level you need in a particular class, you should switch ASAP.

When a character uses his/her first master seal, their internal level is INSTANTLY increased to a set amount, regardless of what level they were before the promotion.

So if you're gonna gain 10 internal levels anyway, might as well raise as many stats as you can, i.e. get them up to level 20.

This does not apply to second seals, however.
#5PKRockin531Posted 4/17/2013 6:46:49 PM
Lunicktmm posted...

When a character uses his/her first master seal, their internal level is INSTANTLY increased to a set amount, regardless of what level they were before the promotion.

So if you're gonna gain 10 internal levels anyway, might as well raise as many stats as you can, i.e. get them up to level 20.

This does not apply to second seals, however.

Using a Master Seal adds 20 to your internal level, so getting to 20 unpromoted means you'll have a 40 internal level. This only matters on Lunatic Mode due to the higher internal level cap, so in Lunatic it is best to promote early at level 10 if not using a Second Seal.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#6SazukeEXPosted 4/17/2013 6:48:35 PM
Maxing is better if you don't plan to use the parent and they have an easy path to a skill you want to pass down to a child.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#7keiiiinessPosted 4/17/2013 6:51:19 PM
PKRockin531 posted...
Using a Master Seal adds 20 to your internal level, so getting to 20 unpromoted means you'll have a 40 internal level. This only matters on Lunatic Mode due to the higher internal level cap, so in Lunatic it is best to promote early at level 10 if not using a Second Seal.

That's not how it works according to SerenesF.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/calculation.html#internal

See how, in the Donnel example, it doesn't matter whether he promotes at level 10 or level 20?
#8DemiseEndPosted 4/17/2013 6:55:30 PM
8 str and def and 16 speed is the bar before considering Knight Sumia who is better than Cordelia for a bout 85% of the time
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#9Huff n puff 20Posted 4/17/2013 7:03:28 PM
PKRockin531 posted...

Using a Master Seal adds 20 to your internal level, so getting to 20 unpromoted means you'll have a 40 internal level. This only matters on Lunatic Mode due to the higher internal level cap, so in Lunatic it is best to promote early at level 10 if not using a Second Seal

Bad math ITP.

Internal Level = Current Level + Cumulative Level.

Master Seal:
Current Level = Displayed Level + 20 (Minimum Current Level in Promoted Class is 21, Maximum is 40.)

Second Seal:
Cumulative Level = [Current Cumulative Level] + (([Current Level]-1)/2)

In short, no matter what you do, if you Master Seal, your Internal Level is at a minimum of 21, because that's what your level is.
Second Sealing Raises Cumulative Level, NOT Master Sealing.

To keep Internal Levels as low as you can,
Master Seal at L20.
Second Seal (Unpromoted) at 10.
And if you're Second Sealing a Promoted Class, do so at 16 (Even Number is ideal, as everything is rounded down).
---
http://i.imgur.com/hbgVYTg.png
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#10Gamecube_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:04:29 PM
So the general opinion is to get them to 20, whether I use them or not. I guess I can fire up EXPodentialGrowth again.
---
MirielxDark Mage MU
Alone, they are strong. Together, they are unstoppable.