Rate the Skill, Xenologue 1: Iote's Shield and Limit Break

#1guedesbrawlPosted 4/17/2013 7:35:54 PM
Sorry I made you guys wait so much. I got sick, and it wasn't pretty. Then I got better, and found out that there was a crapload of schoolwork. I explained better with my last bump on X3, so take a look there if you actually care

I'm feeling better now, though, but i am not completely recovered yet. at least the fever is gone.

well, back to work!

-------------------
Characters who can learn Iote's Shield or Limit Break: Every character in the game.

Characters who can inherit Iote's Shield or Limit Break: No one.
-------------------

I"ll be doing the remaining nominates skills' paralogues starting tomorrow. those with the highest number of nominations will go first. feel free to nominate a new skill today to grant a rediscussion, as there will be no more nominations after today (because we can't nominate in rediscussion paralogues)

Also, can someone help me here and give me the description for the 8 DLC skills? The in-game one, that you get from clicking them in the touch screen or in the skill management menu. Thanks.

Iote's Shield will make Bows and Wind Tomes lose their effective damage bonus against fliers.

This is very useful, as it allows you to take on those pesky bows with no worries, and no one needs magic doing anymore damage than they already do. A rank.

Limit Break will increase all status caps (the max you can get for each) by 10.

You will need to grind a bit, but the end result would be something like "all stats +10". and that's awesome, and kinda required for the very last DLC map. S rank.

-Nominations-

Rightful King: 6/10
Strength +2: 4/10
Defense +2: 3/10
Resistance +2: 3/10
Rally Spectrum: 2/10
Magic +2: 2/10
Rally Movement: 2/10
Luna: 1/10
Dual Support +: 1/10

Rules for Nominations and Rediscussions at the end of OP1:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65914587
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 7:36:41 PM
-Skill Ranking-

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)!A
*Galeforce (Dark Flier, Lv15)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)!S
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)!
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)!S
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)!
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)!B
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)
*Luna (Great Knight,Lv5)
*Dual Guard+ (Great Knight,Lv15)
*Pavise (General,Lv15)
*Aptitude (Villager,Lv1)
*Swordbreaker (Wyvern Lord,Lv15)
*Deliverer (Griffon Rider,Lv5)
*Tomefaire (Sage,Lv15)
*Renewal (War Cleric/Monk,Lv15)
*Dual Support+ (Valkyrie,Lv15)
*Paragon (Lost Bloodlines, 3)
*Resistance +10 (Dread Fighter,Lv1)
*Aggressor (Dread Fighter,Lv15)
*Rally Heart (Bride,Lv1)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Rally Speed (Falcon Knight,Lv5)
*Lancefaire (Falcon Knight,Lv15)
*Rally Movement (Dark Flier, Lv5)
*Rally Strength (Warrior,Lv5)
*Counter (Warrior,Lv15)
*Wrath (Berserker,Lv5)
*Axefaire (Berserker,Lv15)
*Lancebreaker (Griffon Rider,Lv15)
*Bowbreaker (Bow Knight,Lv15)
*Rally Magic (Sage,Lv5)
*Lifetaker (Dark Knight,Lv15)
*Anathema (Dark Mage,Lv10)
*Vengeance ( Sorcerer,Lv5)
*Tomebreaker (Sorcerer,Lv15)
*Miracle (Cleric/Priest,Lv1)
*Rally Resistance (Valkyrie,Lv5)
*Beastbane (Taguel,Lv15)
*Conquest (Walhart)
*Shadowgift (Aversa)
*All Stats +2 (Champions of Yore, 3)
*Bond (Bride,Lv15)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)!B
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)!B
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)
*Defense +2 (Knight,Lv1)
*Rally Defense (General,Lv5)
*Speed + 2 (Pegasus Knight,Lv1)
*Relief (Pegasus Knight,Lv10)!
*Underdog (Villager,Lv1)
*HP +5 (Fighter,Lv1)
*Zeal (Fighter,Lv10)
*Despoil (Barbarian,Lv1)!
*Gamble (Barbarian,Lv10)
*Strength +2 (Wyvern Rider,Lv1)
*Quick Burn (Wyvern Lord,Lv5)
*Hit Rate +20 (Sniper,Lv5)
*Bowfaire (Sniper,Lv15)
*Magic +2 (Mage,Lv1)
*Focus (Mage,Lv10)
*Hex (Dark Mage,Lv1)
*Healtouch (Cleric/Priest,Lv1)
*Resistance +2 (Troubadour,Lv1)
*Demoiselle (Troubadour,Lv10)
*Wyrmstbane (Manakete,Lv15)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
*Indoor Fighter (Knight,Lv10)
*Tantivity (Wyvern Rider,Lv10)
*Skill +2 (Archer,Lv1)
*Prescience (Archer,Lv10)
*Rally Skill (Bow Knight,Lv5)
*Slow Burn (Dark Knight,Lv5)
*Rally Luck (War Cleric/Monk,Lv5)
*Even Rhythm (Taguel,Lv1)
*Odd Rhythm (Manakete,Lv1)
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3MforzPosted 4/17/2013 7:40:52 PM
A/SSSSSSSSSSS(S)
---
AshuNerA isn't my name,NAgA neither. I'm in AkaNeiA and everywhere,helping you in your quest like I helped ANri. Be it rAdiANt dAwN or AwAkeNiNg, I am there.
#4Model_OmegaPosted 4/17/2013 7:46:00 PM(edited)
Iote's Shield: Nice, still doesn't solve Wyverns vulnerability to magic, but helps immensely with Pegasi's bow weakness, A
Limit Break: XS, yes, make an entire new rank and put this in it.,

Oh and nominate Rightful King.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
Viva la revolucion bolivariana!
#5XeylirPosted 4/17/2013 7:45:12 PM
B/S. All jokes aside.
---
(Insert witty comment, pun, or Kingdom Hearts reference here)
#6tw1g_007Posted 4/17/2013 7:51:17 PM(edited)
Iote's Shield is a waste of a skill slot. Even B-rank skills should be favored over it. Why bother with Iote's Shield when you can meet these Archers at 1-range where they are unable to counter-attack you? Or use your pair up partner? Its easily a C-rank skill.

Limit Breaker is already game breaking if used outside of TSON. There is no question about its S-ranking placement. Actually, its a tier above S-ranking and should be at S+.

I nominate Dual Support+.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#7Model_OmegaPosted 4/17/2013 7:53:08 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
Iote's Shield is a waste of a skill slot. Even B-rank skills should be favored over it. Why bother with Iote's Shield when you can meet these Archers at 1-range where they are unable to counter-attack you? Or use your pair up partner? Its easily a C-rank skill.

Limit Breaker is already game breaking if used outside of TSON. There is no question about its S-ranking placement. Actually, its a tier above S-ranking and should be at S+.

You forget that Iote's shield also stops effective damage from wind magic, and that sometimes you can't always stay out of archer range.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
Viva la revolucion bolivariana!
#8tw1g_007Posted 4/17/2013 8:02:40 PM
Model_Omega posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

You forget that Iote's shield also stops effective damage from wind magic, and that sometimes you can't always stay out of archer range.

I am sorry but there are just too many freaking ways to stay out of Archer range:

1) You have team mates who can help deal with Archers if you are a flier.
2) You have your pair up partner who will most likely not having flying weakness. To have two fliers pair up to begin with is quite dumb regardless.
3) You have Galeforce to move you out of Archer range when necessary.
4) Archers can't counter at close range.

Unless you are pretty bad at strategy games then sure, use Iote's Shield.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#9smash fanaticPosted 4/17/2013 8:06:10 PM
Limit break is a terrible skill.

Virtually anything that reduces the number of viable skill combinations is a bad thing, because doing so reduces variety. Limit Break is so good that it's necessary for every character you intend to bring into The Strongest One's Name. Before LB, each character can have 5 different skills; after LB, each can only have 4 skills + LB. Instead of making a skill so good that every character needs it, Intelligent Systems should have not included it in the game. To counteract this, enemy stats in TSON should have been reduced by 10 each.

What does the inclusion of Limit Break achieve?

1) It reduces skill variety by effectively removing an entire skill slot.
2) It increases the amount of grinding that must be done.

Now everyone will have Limit Break, thus increasing homogenization among all of your best characters.
---
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALL.gif http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALR.gif
#10tw1g_007Posted 4/17/2013 8:09:25 PM
Oh and let me add that there is only one reason I could see someone using Iote's Shield and that is *drum roll* using a flier as some sort of tank (lol).

Besides that there are just so many other skills that are better used on fliers to begin with and Iote's Shield never even remotely comes into consideration as far as optimal sets are concerned. Now when I see people in this topic giving it "A-rank" status I am like.. "Wow". I bet most of them will rarely ever bother with this skill to begin with.
---