Rate the Skill, Xenologue 1: Iote's Shield and Limit Break

#11Model_OmegaPosted 4/17/2013 9:16:45 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
Model_Omega posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
Iote's Shield is a waste of a skill slot. Even B-rank skills should be favored over it. Why bother with Iote's Shield when you can meet these Archers at 1-range where they are unable to counter-attack you? Or use your pair up partner? Its easily a C-rank skill.

Limit Breaker is already game breaking if used outside of TSON. There is no question about its S-ranking placement. Actually, its a tier above S-ranking and should be at S+.

I nominate Dual Support+.

You forget that Iote's shield also stops effective damage from wind magic, and that sometimes you can't always stay out of archer range.

I am sorry but there are just too many freaking ways to stay out of Archer range:

1) You have team mates who can help deal with Archers if you are a flier.
2) You have your pair up partner who will most likely not having flying weakness. To have two fliers pair up to begin with is quite dumb regardless.
3) You have Galeforce to move you out of Archer range when necessary.
4) Archers can't counter at close range.

Unless you are pretty bad at strategy games then sure, use Iote's Shield.

Fine, but you didn't even acknowledge the fact that Iote's shield stops sages from Rescaliburing your fliers to dust
I'll agree that it's not a necessary skill, but it's one that improves your team's flexibility, rather then making it more narrow mined.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
Viva la revolucion bolivariana!
#12bearclaw13Posted 4/17/2013 9:16:46 PM
C and B.

I nominate Veteran because it is easily the most broken skill in the game.
---
It's game time.
#13NatatteruPosted 4/17/2013 9:16:50 PM
Alright here we go...

Iote's Shield: A
Incredibly effective against Wind Magic mostly, since you are going to be killing archers first if you want, however more than once you won't be able to avoid being counter attacked by a wind tome.

Limit Break: SS

Yeah, this is the Golden Skill of Assured Victory, which makes the whole game and DLC a breeze, except TSON, where it's pretty much a necessity. There's virtually no reason not to have this skill on every character you use regularly, it has no downsides aside from taking a skill slot and having to complete a DLC chapter in order to get one. Truly the best skill of the game, overall.
---
Official Swordmaster and everything Say'ri of the Fire Emblem Awakening board.
PSN: NatatBW P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - 3s: Makoto - ST/AE12: Cammy - MBAA: H-VSion
#14Rideps1Posted 4/17/2013 9:17:34 PM
B: Useful for grinding units through flying classes. Also, for Death's Embrace. Because too many random longbows.

S: We were all waiting for it for a reason.
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M
#15keiiiinessPosted 4/17/2013 9:17:43 PM
smash fanatic posted...
Before LB, each character can have 5 different skills; after LB, each can only have 4 skills + LB. Instead of making a skill so good that every character needs it, Intelligent Systems should have not included it in the game. To counteract this, enemy stats in TSON should have been reduced by 10 each.

The way I see it, they made TSON slightly harder by kind of forcing you to have only four skills (plus Limit Break) per character. Not a bad trick if you ask me.

The same could be said about Paragon -- why have that skill in the game when they could've simply increased the EXP gain cap per kill? ;D
#16smash fanaticPosted 4/17/2013 9:22:29 PM
increasing the exp gain cap per kill would have ramifications on a playthrough during the main story. paragon is also dropped after you get all the stats you need.

LB literally has no effect until postgame content.
---
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALL.gif http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALR.gif
#17bearclaw13Posted 4/17/2013 9:23:06 PM
You guys all realize that LB is only effective when A: you are at caps and B: you have it. So basically not until late/post game and even then it's not necessary outside of ONE map. Veteran is only in A rank and it trivializes the entire game.
---
It's game time.
#18Huff n puff 20Posted 4/17/2013 9:32:50 PM
Iote's? B. Same as Conquest, although the Availability is much higher.

Limit Break: SS Best skill in the game hands down.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hbgVYTg.png
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#19tw1g_007Posted 4/17/2013 9:34:12 PM
Model_Omega posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
Model_Omega posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
Iote's Shield is a waste of a skill slot. Even B-rank skills should be favored over it. Why bother with Iote's Shield when you can meet these Archers at 1-range where they are unable to counter-attack you? Or use your pair up partner? Its easily a C-rank skill.

Limit Breaker is already game breaking if used outside of TSON. There is no question about its S-ranking placement. Actually, its a tier above S-ranking and should be at S+.

You forget that Iote's shield also stops effective damage from wind magic, and that sometimes you can't always stay out of archer range.

I am sorry but there are just too many freaking ways to stay out of Archer range:

2) You have your pair up partner who will most likely not having flying weakness. To have two fliers pair up to begin with is quite dumb regardless.

Fine, but you didn't even acknowledge the fact that Iote's shield stops sages from Rescaliburing your fliers to dust
I'll agree that it's not a necessary skill, but it's one that improves your team's flexibility, rather then making it more narrow mined.

I already acknowledged Magic users with Wind Tomes already dude. Pair ups/Team mates. That is ALL you need. Hell... being self aware of enemies on the field wouldn't hurt either. I mean, why would you knowingly go to an enemy who severely targets your weak point anyway?

I will also have you know that with pair up team attacks as high as 85%, most enemies won't even have the chance to counter attack to be honest.

Like I said, Iote's Shield will pay off only if for some reason you want to tank as a flier. Or maybe you are grinding a flier and want peace of mind Auto-ing every chance you get. Besides these two situations its a wasted skill slot for optimum play.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#20Huff n puff 20Posted 4/17/2013 9:36:36 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
Model_Omega posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
Model_Omega posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

I already acknowledged Magic users with Wind Tomes already dude. Pair ups/Team mates. That is ALL you need. Hell... being self aware of enemies on the field wouldn't hurt either. I mean, why would you knowingly go to an enemy who severely targets your weak point anyway?

I will also have you know that with pair up team attacks as high as 85%, most enemies won't even have the chance to counter attack to be honest.

Like I said, Iote's Shield will pay off only if for some reason you want to tank as a flier. Or maybe you are grinding a flier and want peace of mind Auto-ing every chance you get. Besides these two situations its a wasted skill slot for optimum play.

What did you rank Conquest?
Iote's should get the same exact ranking, if not higher.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hbgVYTg.png
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition