Rate the Skill, Xenologue 1: Iote's Shield and Limit Break

#131uuurrrgghPosted 4/18/2013 7:16:41 PM
bearclaw13 posted...
uuurrrggh posted...
bearclaw13 posted...
uuurrrggh posted...
Since when were we talking about early lunatic mode? No, we were talking about late-game, any mode.

Since when are we talking about late-game? Has it been stated somewhere that I didn't notice?

Some people out there like grinding units to their maximum potential, and Veteran can't be applied to every unit there is.

So because "some people" want to grind this list should be based entirely off of how good skills are for that?

I'm considering opening another topic because this has nothing to do with the current thread.

No, how a majority of people on this poll thinks about the skills. If TC want us to shut up, he can go make a "Paragon vs Veteran" poll, and see the results. You can, if you want.
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#132YinYarnPosted 4/19/2013 6:25:44 AM
bearclaw13 posted...
YinYarn posted...
Iote's Shield A.
Not taking triple damage is good. Similar defensive skills have been A ranked. It beats Aegis, which maybe has a chance to halve damage from bows and tomes.

Limit Breaker S.
It lets you increase all a character's stats by 10. No other skills improve a character by this much. I don't like it.

Nominate Paragon.
It's better than Veteran. If Veteran is borderline A/S, Paragon deserves a unanimous S.

No it's not..

If you're going to disagree with me, could you at least specify which part of my post you disagree with?
#133typhone004Posted 4/19/2013 6:29:29 AM
He's probably saying that paragon isn't better than veteran, and I completely agree.
---
GT: SidewaysHorizon
Tin Crystallization Catalyst of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board.
#134GX000Posted 4/19/2013 6:29:49 AM
B for Iote's Shield, and Beyond S for LB. it's pretty much an all stats+10 after some grinding. it's kinda like, unless you're too poor to buy RR3/too early in the game to beat it, there is NO reason not to have this on ALL of your main characters.
---
Hey everypony, listen to this: FRIENDSHIP IS MAG- *gets shot*
~~|[Proud to be a Brony]|~~ ////Life is not an app////
#135bearclaw13Posted 4/19/2013 6:32:20 AM
YinYarn posted...
bearclaw13 posted...
YinYarn posted...
Iote's Shield A.
Not taking triple damage is good. Similar defensive skills have been A ranked. It beats Aegis, which maybe has a chance to halve damage from bows and tomes.

Limit Breaker S.
It lets you increase all a character's stats by 10. No other skills improve a character by this much. I don't like it.

Nominate Paragon.
It's better than Veteran. If Veteran is borderline A/S, Paragon deserves a unanimous S.

No it's not..

If you're going to disagree with me, could you at least specify which part of my post you disagree with?

Please read either my other posts in this topic or find the Paragon VS. Veteran topic to find my arguments. Feel free to vote there.
---
It's game time.
#136andodelPosted 4/19/2013 6:40:13 AM
Gonna go B/S on this.
For those complaining about Iotes shield, the argument of "Get better strategy" is only really appliable to Wyvern Lord. Wyvern Lords have such high defense that they don't have to worry about most archers, while enemies with wind magic will destroy them with or without the skill. However, it is invaluable on falcon knight. I have it on Cordelia, and its great to be able to use her without fear of her getting blown away. Sure, I got her Gale force, so I could just do hit and run, but its so much more fun to just throw her around, and then use her to heal when necessary. Makes for a wonderful all round unit.
For Limit Break, yeah yeah, I know the complaints of "They could've just designed TSON without LB in mind", but they didn't. It's not a matter of what could be, its a matter of what is. In its current state, Limit Break is a great skill. No one says you HAVE to put it on all your units, so just don't buy TSON, and only use it as a filler skill on a few units.
---
3DS FC: 0774-4348-2965
Nnid: andodel
#137guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 6:39:33 PM
sorry for even more waiting...last chance
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#138clonedstarsPosted 4/19/2013 6:58:45 PM
I'll nominate Rightful King. Goes very well with the Aether's slightly lower chance of activating (though I want Rightful God... :c)
Iote's Shield I think would have a lot more use for trolling in Streetpass teams so that the fliers become terrifying.
And yes. LB is OP. More of an end-game thing though but... meh
#139guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 6:59:36 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
guedesbrawl posted...
Master Espeon posted...
Resistance +10 - Grants Res +10.
Aggressor - Grants Atk +10 when the unit initiates an attack.
Rally Heart - Use "Rally" to grant +2 all stats/Mov +1 to units within three spaces for one turn.
Bond - Restores 10 HP to all allies within three spaces at the start of each turn.
All Stats +2 - Grants +2 to all stats.
Paragon - Doubles the amount of EXP the user receives.
Iote's Shield - Protects from bonus damage against fliers.

There's your descriptions. I don't have Limit Break so I can't check that one.

Thank you very much!

"Limit Breaker
Extends all stat caps by 10."

thanks to you as well!
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#140guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 7:08:04 PM
xenologue cleared
---
Confession Time!