Rate the Skill, Xenologue 1: Iote's Shield and Limit Break

#41azn_boy150Posted 4/18/2013 12:34:20 AM
Pfffffft, Limit Break is so overrated. Special Dance on Inigo is where it's at!
---
"This is the one time I've ever lost an argument."-Westbrick, to me.
#42fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 4/18/2013 1:03:48 AM
Iote's Shield: B
Meh, it removes the flier's weakness. Good, but not great.

Limit Breaker: S
How is it anything but awesome? The difference between stuff like Paragon and LB is simple. One helps with grinding, the other helps with potential. When judging how good a skill is, you shouldn't put convenience over usefulness.

You can't say that just because you won't hit caps on a normal run (which is either untrue, or my game is glitched) Limit Breaker is bad. It's like the saying Fox is bad in SSBM because he's too difficult to use. If a nub is using him, he'll suck. When used at his full potential, he's an excellent character. If a non-optimal character has Limit Breaker, it'll suck. When a maxed out character has LB, it's an excellent skill. Ratings should be based on how useful a skill can be. I mean, if LB is a B just because you're not going to have max stats in a "normal run", then I'll give Iote's Shield an F, since it's useless on units when they're not flying types. Same logic applied if you're judging the skills when they'll have no effect lol.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#43guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 1:28:35 AM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Emmy_Altava posted...
Limit Breaker should be rated whatever is above S. SS? R?

SS. TC's explanation of the Paralogues show a theoretical "Eclipse" (as in, you know, the Astra/Luna combo skill from FE10? The "Hi! 250+ Damage to your face" Skill that the BK has) receiving an SS rank.

It was previously an E rank skill in that example, too. an neither rank will get in, period.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#44MoonLightCloudPosted 4/18/2013 3:13:14 AM
Iote's Shield: C

Limit Break: SSS
#45DragrathPosted 4/18/2013 3:21:17 AM
A-great filler skill for flyers as the flying weakness can leave you OHKO'd...
S+?-If you have access to this skill use it...
#46DemiseEndPosted 4/18/2013 3:50:44 AM
Not serious rating:

Iote: A
Limit Break: SSS

Serious rating:

Iote: It nulifies Flier Weakness. Which means Celica(not many give a damn about other wind magics) and Bow Weakness. As i said in pretty much every other topic in the boards theres a massive difference beetwen Iote and Conquest. One can be used by almost everyone, the other can't. The first one covers weakness that actually matters, the other cover the weakness that as someone puts it can be found in as much rate as the chance of finding Chimecho in Hoenn. It just happened that Iote also has alvailability lead on Conquest and thats pretty much the end of the comparison*.

*I should also note that Weakness weapon are absurdly weaker than Brave Weapon, something that Flying weakness lacks

In general, skills like this are hard to judge because of the need of relative comparison beetwen weaknesses and non weaknesses, especially since:

1. This game LACKS Balistae
2. Archer are easy to handle
3. Celica are pretty damn rare, Elwind is not worth the slot if at all.

So, yeah its not as amazing as I thought it would be

C

Limit Breaker: Remember Luna Athos(I can go on, but nothing is on the same level as this)? This is the same thing in every single way possible, and I better stop at that. In a sense, Limit Break is the MOST USELESS skill in the entire game, and the most amazing skill in the entire game at the same time. No other skill can carry the same amount of uselessness and usefulness as this skill in the entire series, and its overatted for a good reason.

As I stand Limit Break is in no way a skill that change the game, yes it might be mandatory for TSON, but its 1(or 4 at best) stage utility vs Entire game and grinding to beat R-a-R 3, unless there is actually some sort of strategy that allowed you to win RAR3, without massive amount of grinding, and cap your stats all at the same time.

To quote a post in the past this is those kind of skill that is made for the player to go "I LUUUUVVVVV LIMIT BREAK, IT BEAT TSON WITH IT" albeit this time, its a bit more justified because everybody like Min Maxing

With that being said

B, and im being generous
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#47Shadow_Master_JPosted 4/18/2013 4:37:09 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
The first one covers weakness that actually matters, the other cover the weakness that as someone puts it can be found in as much rate as the chance of finding Chimecho in Hoenn.

That's me o/

Let's get down to the skills:

Iote: C. I'm serious here. Just like Demise said, there are two things fliers have to take care of: Level 20 Snipers and Celica. Everything else is dies in a single blow. But look, you have higher movement to initiate, pair-ups and forged Brave weapons. At least the users of the Chimecho Hammer and Absol Killer are tanky and some have high movement. The lead of availability is something. So yeah, it's a good filler skill... But we now have Limit Breaker for Filler... In fact I will even nominate a Filler Skill to rank it down.

Limit Breaker: S. Best filler skill, auto-changes the difficulty to Easy no matter what difficulty you used to be. This skill makes TSON easier, and Round 2 a challenge, not an impossibility. All Stats +10 in the end.

Nominate: *insert drums here* Shadowgift!
---
If you're reading this, CONGRATULATIONS!! You're wasting your time!!
#48tw1g_007Posted 4/18/2013 6:10:31 AM
Wow. Thank you Shadow Master and DemiseEnd. It blows my mind that these people would give Iote's Shield a freaking A rank. You can never trust this board entirely when it comes to accurate info analysis.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#49NidtendofreakPosted 4/18/2013 6:18:23 AM
Lote's Shield: C
Limit Breaker: B. Powerful? Sure. What will you get to use it for? Two, maybe three DLC chapters and Spotpasses. That's it. That's basically no usability at all as far as the game is concerned. Your characters MUST be capped for it to be useful at all. On top of that, its NOT a skill you can just toss into a skillset randomly. There are builds that require 5 other skills to work well. Too many requirements, not enough time to actually use it. Its a skill you will get in one file for your spotpass team, and then never touch it on any other files.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#50Rideps1Posted 4/18/2013 6:20:40 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
Wow. Thank you Shadow Master and DemiseEnd. It blows my mind that these people would give Iote's Shield a freaking A rank. You can never trust this board entirely when it comes to accurate info analysis.

Boy you sure are taking this personally aren't you? It isn't like anyone has called it an S.
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M