Rate the Skill, Xenologue 1: Iote's Shield and Limit Break

#61Rideps1Posted 4/18/2013 7:29:50 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
"Oh, and if we are going to argue availability, then veteran stays where it is and paragon gets voted UP... As the map is extremely easy compared to LB's, and it gives anyone SUPER VETERAN."

If were arguing alvailability, Veteran stays up, while nothing else comes close. Depending on how difficult the Paragon map is, Paragon might goes up

Veteran is really the only skill that changed the entire dynamic of the game, the exact same thing that make..... I dunno theres a lot of them in the past, FE7 Marcus(FE6 Marcus is more of a Lunatic Frederick), Safy, Lena, Sheeda, and in some ways Wolf and Sedgar being the prime example of this kind of broken

One unit does not an S rank skill make.*glares at Aether*
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M
#62DemiseEndPosted 4/18/2013 7:32:27 AM
Aether does not change the dynamic of the entire game

Veteran does
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#63typhone004Posted 4/18/2013 7:36:40 AM
I'll also give iote's shield a C. Wind magic and bows should not be hard to avoid when you have the movement of a flier, especially with all you galeforce users out there.

Limit break: S. It is a skill meant to be used only when you have maxed stats, and at that point it becomes the best skill in the game. Some people are saying it shouldn't be as good because it has literally no use until you can already beat everything but one level anyway, but if you use the skill anytime before that you are using the skill wrong. The skills purpose was to improve maxed out units, and it serves its purpose better than any other skill in the game.

That being said, limit break is a very lame skill that shows no creativity and really hurts the fun of making skillsets. It is so good that it becomes essential for streetpass and basically makes units have 4 skills instead of 5. I wouldn't hate it so much if it was a cool skill, but it is just a boring way to make a better unit. A skill that increases max stats is not creative, not fun, and not good for this game.

Nominate magic+2
---
GT: SidewaysHorizon
Tin Crystallization Catalyst of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board.
#64Rideps1Posted 4/18/2013 7:42:54 AM
We've had this discussion plenty of times already, with no progress. Let's just leave the topic for the votes. People have enough here to look at anyway. I'll even admit that I'm wrong or whatever so you don't accuse me of a cop out, so why don't we just let the votes speak for themselves.
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M
#65bearclaw13Posted 4/18/2013 7:48:12 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
Aether does not change the dynamic of the entire game

Veteran does

^ completely agree with this.

Veteran breaks lunatic+ in half nothing else does that. So naturally it has to be better than other skills that don't do the same thing (so pretty much every other skill).
---
It's game time.
#66tw1g_007Posted 4/18/2013 7:56:06 AM
Rideps1 posted...
We've had this discussion plenty of times already, with no progress. Let's just leave the topic for the votes. People have enough here to look at anyway. I'll even admit that I'm wrong or whatever so you don't accuse me of a cop out, so why don't we just let the votes speak for themselves.

Votes don't seem to make sense majority of the time anyway. Then again you have people who vote off extremely limited experience with the skill in question. I am still shocked to see stuff like Dual Support+ in A-rank and question why Armsthrift still isn't S-ranked.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#67Rideps1Posted 4/18/2013 9:49:21 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
Rideps1 posted...

Votes don't seem to make sense majority of the time anyway. Then again you have people who vote off extremely limited experience with the skill in question. I am still shocked to see stuff like Dual Support+ in A-rank and question why Armsthrift still isn't S-ranked.

There's no way to change anyone's mind without more experience though. And we can't talk experience into people. A LOT of these skills have plenty of uses, but are still ranked low, and the opposite as well. IMO this list has been messed up for a long time, but this is still how the votes are going. And we need to deal with that.
---
#68spyke252Posted 4/18/2013 10:06:34 AM
Rideps1 posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
Rideps1 posted...

There's no way to change anyone's mind without more experience though. And we can't talk experience into people. A LOT of these skills have plenty of uses, but are still ranked low, and the opposite as well. IMO this list has been messed up for a long time, but this is still how the votes are going. And we need to deal with that.

I'm basically viewing this list as a starting point, and personal skill lists shouldn't be more than one (two at the most) tiers away from this.
Like, Aether should be one tier down and Armsthrift one tier up, but that's fairly close.
#69guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 12:26:51 PM
you guys are STILL saying Armsthrift is S? oh come on...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#70bearclaw13Posted 4/18/2013 12:28:24 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
you guys are STILL saying Armsthrift is S? oh come on...

I don't think it is but Veteran is.
---
It's game time.