Rate the Skill, Xenologue 1: Iote's Shield and Limit Break

#81guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 1:53:53 PM
Rideps1 posted...
guedesbrawl posted...
you guys are STILL saying Armsthrift is S? oh come on...

Maybe if Chrom had good enough defenses that I wanted him near my point units in DLC..... But he doesn't

Chrom's lategame job is support, not taking hits.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#82tw1g_007Posted 4/18/2013 2:24:52 PM
typhone004 posted...
I still don't know whether veteran deserves an S or not. It does make MU an incredible unit for lunatic/+, but I'm not sure that making one unit amazing is worth an S rank.

I think armsthrift should be lower than A too, but I'm pretty sure people stopped valuing my opinion as soon as I argued for both galeforce and aether to be in the B tier, where they rightfully belong.

Aether aside, Galeforce? Hahahahahahahahahaha.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#83DemiseEndPosted 4/18/2013 2:57:30 PM
there are quite a lot of skills that is different when seen from "how they changed the game" perspective instead of pure min max

For example Galeforce would be like at best B, and Aether is C or low B. The former need level 15 DF(which mind you can be handled as soon as you put a certain skill with V on its name) while the latter, while comes pretty soon generally has terribad activation rate before RFK

One of the more contorversial skill on this front is, in fact Armthrift, because at roughtly 20 skills, it is actually pretty damn reliable.
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#84guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 3:01:10 PM
DemiseEnd posted...

One of the more contorversial skill on this front is, in fact Armthrift, because at roughtly 20 skills, it is actually pretty damn reliable.

roughly 20 skills...what?

i dunno if my english is failing me, but i don't get exactly WHAt you are implying there.

regardless, besides legendaries or nosferatu, you don't need tat skill, period.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#85tw1g_007Posted 4/18/2013 3:12:59 PM
DemiseEnd posted...
there are quite a lot of skills that is different when seen from "how they changed the game" perspective instead of pure min max

For example Galeforce would be like at best B, and Aether is C or low B. The former need level 15 DF(which mind you can be handled as soon as you put a certain skill with V on its name) while the latter, while comes pretty soon generally has terribad activation rate before RFK

I would think that even you DemiseEnd, would judge skills off a "min/max" perspective. While skill "availability" is a slightly welcome addition to analyzing the skills at hand, it still comes down to how effective it is and how it fairs against the most difficult enemy mobs or over all game play utility (like Veteran). "How they changed the game" can play a role to but I don't see it playing a big enough role compared to other conditions I mentioned.

Galeforce is brutal. Its so good. Lunatic+ almost becomes a joke because of this skill. I just feel it only has one placement and that is rightfully S-tier.

Armsthrift deserves the hype to. Tanking the entire game because of one ridiculously accurate self-healing spell in Aversa's Night? Yes please. Gradivus literally almost guaranteeing KOs even when your unit is not close to maxed out proportions? Yes please. Heavily grinding your characters without having to resort to constant restocking which is a pain in the ass? I could go on.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#86Huff n puff 20Posted 4/18/2013 3:20:35 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
Master Espeon posted...
Resistance +10 - Grants Res +10.
Aggressor - Grants Atk +10 when the unit initiates an attack.
Rally Heart - Use "Rally" to grant +2 all stats/Mov +1 to units within three spaces for one turn.
Bond - Restores 10 HP to all allies within three spaces at the start of each turn.
All Stats +2 - Grants +2 to all stats.
Paragon - Doubles the amount of EXP the user receives.
Iote's Shield - Protects from bonus damage against fliers.

There's your descriptions. I don't have Limit Break so I can't check that one.

Thank you very much!

"Limit Breaker
Extends all stat caps by 10."
---
http://i.imgur.com/hbgVYTg.png
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#87DemiseEndPosted 4/18/2013 3:41:06 PM
Galeforce face the problem that it is, in fact still a skill that acquired super duper late. As I said going by min max(or my joke rating such as that sss rating for limit break), Galeforce is definitely S, however throw in everything else, and it goes down

I guess if were going by my average rating Galeforce would be A

As for armthrift, most of the deractors and defenders of this skill usually forgot that it is, in fact a proc skiills. At 10 lck act rate, you have 20% chance to activate it for an extra use, and this is before going into those terrible 10 - 20 use weapons, which comes roughtly at the same time where you can have 40 - 50-ish rate nowhere near low

To keep it short, even outside the whole Legendary Wepunz Avera Night + Armthrift is gewdlike business, that skill is actually pretty good
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#88Rideps1Posted 4/18/2013 3:49:39 PM(edited)
guedesbrawl posted...
Rideps1 posted...
guedesbrawl posted...
you guys are STILL saying Armsthrift is S? oh come on...

Maybe if Chrom had good enough defenses that I wanted him near my point units in DLC..... But he doesn't

Chrom's lategame job is support, not taking hits.

And unless he is married to one of your point units, he's bad at that too. Maybe passable as a great knight, but S ranks are still favorable.

guedesbrawl posted...
DemiseEnd posted...

roughly 20 skills...what?

i dunno if my english is failing me, but i don't get exactly WHAt you are implying there.

regardless, besides legendaries or nosferatu, you don't need tat skill, period.

You also don't NEED Galeforce. Ever. You can easily play this game just mashing end turn, if you are strong enough that Galeforce is reliable. The only time you may need it is if you want to one round Grima, or maybe for TSON, I don't know.

Restocking forges is a pain in the ass. And you still need an inventory full of weapons if the character is going to take on a decent number of units.

If not dying, a 35 luck unit with 10 uses on one weapon can reliably tank the first group of enemies coming for the south entrance of RaR3, the closest thing we actually have to a defense map. Probably because it is based on a defense map.
---
If I ever had a kid, I'd want a daughter like Morgan. Y'know, one who tries to lure me into pitfall traps. ~~C_D_M
#89YinYarnPosted 4/18/2013 3:59:14 PM
Iote's Shield A.
Not taking triple damage is good. Similar defensive skills have been A ranked. It beats Aegis, which maybe has a chance to halve damage from bows and tomes.

Limit Breaker S.
It lets you increase all a character's stats by 10. No other skills improve a character by this much. I don't like it.

Nominate Paragon.
It's better than Veteran. If Veteran is borderline A/S, Paragon deserves a unanimous S.
#90MarkofWisdomPosted 4/18/2013 4:07:10 PM(edited)
I can understand people debating whether Iote's shield should be an A, B or C rank skill, but I really do not understand how people can rate Limit Break as anything other than an S. It is literally the most powerful skill in the game(not counting enemy only Lunatic+ skills or dragonskin). You do lots more damage, activate skills more, double and dodge more things, and take a lot less damage. It's only downside is how hard the map to get it is which can be dealt with with fairly easily by armsthrift+Nosferatu tanking with armsthrift being optional if you have money and tomes to spare.
Iote's Shield-B. I would rate it A but by the time you get it you have better skills while if it was for something like CoY3 and could be gotten easily and early it would do the most good then. It doesn't still retain a lot of use against rexcalibur sages and silver/killer bow enemies.

Edit-after rereading the opening posts and other's I saw the "higher than S rank" thing so Limit Break is SS or whatever is the highest tier