Why does everyone hate Ricken?

#1RyanthebossPosted 4/18/2013 5:11:25 AM
Seriously why?
---
Signature? Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
#2DemiseEndPosted 4/18/2013 5:12:25 AM
Base stats and DAT TERRIBLE JOINTIME
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#3Brady672_AT_fanPosted 4/18/2013 5:13:21 AM
Horrible base speed, not good enough magic growth, his reclass options are lolArcher and Cavalier, two non magic classes, and overall an obnoxious loser.

He's good for breeding though.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#4PictocheatPosted 4/18/2013 5:26:14 AM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
Horrible base speed, not good enough magic growth, his reclass options are lolArcher and Cavalier, two non magic classes, and overall an obnoxious loser.

Everyone keeps mentioning his horrible growth rates, but what about his stat caps? He'd probably be pretty good if you put the time/leveling into him. I would think all characters are about equal stat cap-wise, although I agree some characters are better at certain classes than others.

So now we're treating him like a sex slave? Guess we're all pedophiles then. Awesome.
---
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world
#5DemiseEndPosted 4/18/2013 5:32:07 AM
Stat cap does not matter if your class choice is terrible

Ricken Class Choice is not that terrible(at least not Virion Tier terrible) but thats not saying much
---
#6Brady672_AT_fanPosted 4/18/2013 5:34:13 AM
Pictocheat posted...

Everyone keeps mentioning his horrible growth rates, but what about his stat caps? He'd probably be pretty good if you put the time/leveling into him. I would think all characters are about equal stat cap-wise, although I agree some characters are better at certain classes than others.

So now we're treating him like a sex slave? Guess we're all pedophiles then. Awesome.

His caps are... Alright, nothing spectacular. He does have one of the highest magic caps in the first gen, but everything else is average to below average. He's really just a hassle to train up normally. You COULD grind him up to make him useful, but when you're best skill set is Tomefaire, Aegis, Luna, Dual guard +, Defender/Limit breaker, you're going to be using him as a pair up bot anyway.

Hey, in a game with Ricken, Donnel, Nowi, and Future children, things will happen.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#7The Fir CoatPosted 4/18/2013 9:16:05 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
Stat cap does not matter if your class choice is terrible

Ricken Class Choice is not that terrible(at least not Virion Tier terrible) but thats not saying much

I mean, he gets essentially the same classes except he can't fly. Sage is better for him than Sniper or Bow Knight is for Virion, but he is pretty terrible if you reclass him into anything else. Virion as a Wyvern Knight gets a pretty high STR growth so you can count on him to hit hard at least. Sure, Panne does everything he can with better growths, bases, etc., but he makes a pretty decent Wyvern if you use him with (or as) Frederick pair-up early on. Ricken doesn't really accomplish anything as a Cav, and lol a low STR archer.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#8kingbriannPosted 4/18/2013 9:19:29 AM
he gets useless modifiers.
i mean hes magic based but his magic isnt even +3 wtf lol.
his other modifiers are worthless as well.

he gets the archer class (makes him fail alrdy )
if the archer class was replaced with darkmage then he would be somewhat decent cause then he can nosferutank.

he also gets access to cavalier.
i c ant say thats bad because you get luna + aegis but.. with his skill, he wont have a pretty high chance of procing them both unless hes a sniper. but then he has no counter so he cant fight back so in general, we can conclude ricken = useless.

idk why IS made him so terribad but okay.

and yes he is a good breeder sorta.
---
3ds XL FC : 1461-7483-3739 l Nintendo Network ID: kingbrian
PSN: kinggbrian
#9DemiseEndPosted 4/18/2013 9:19:31 AM
Lol yeah Archer is like the worst tree you could ever have in this game
---
#10DoktorTeufelPosted 4/18/2013 9:21:57 AM(edited)
That stupid hat gets on my nerves. He still wears it even as Dark Knight (and possibly other classes, haven't checked), even though it clips horribly with his collar and the pixelated sprite doesn't show it.

I don't mind anime stylization terribly much, though that's not really my thing... but they do seem to love putting massive buckled Puritan hats on the mages, little boys and females included.