Notable Archers/Snipers?

#1senbonzakura1Posted 4/19/2013 8:04:19 AM
Im not a fan of Virion, but I want my team to have decent archer. Are there any characters who relcass to a good archer or a child that would make a good sniper? In case its relevant, my Noire is going to be gaius!noire when I get his support to S rank.
---
Currently playing: Project Diva F, Atelier Ayesha, Neptunia V, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Persona 2 (EP)
#2uuurrrgghPosted 4/19/2013 8:05:25 AM
Virion is an archer!... the archest of archers, in fact.
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#3laundrysucksPosted 4/19/2013 8:15:11 AM
senbonzakura1 posted...
Im not a fan of Virion, but I want my team to have decent archer. Are there any characters who relcass to a good archer or a child that would make a good sniper? In case its relevant, my Noire is going to be gaius!noire when I get his support to S rank.

Prince Innes : P

But, seriously for the main game Innes is a pretty good user of the Longbow and you don't have to put any work into him / waste exp on Virion

I'm actually planning on trying Sniper Inigo (aggressor, bowfaire, lb, galeforce, arms, double bow) + Sniper Noire and see how that works.

Worst case scenario, Inigo goes back to Hero and Noire back to Sorceror.
---
Not changing until Big Show AND Rey Mysterio are both permanently gone from WWE. 10/28/2011
#4LaPlaceTransforPosted 4/19/2013 8:15:43 AM
senbonzakura1 posted...
Im not a fan of Virion, but I want my team to have a random throwaway unit. Are there any characters who relcass to a good archer or a child that would make a good sniper? In case its relevant, my Noire is going to be gaius!noire when I get his support to S rank.

Fixed.
#5Mage_LordPosted 4/19/2013 8:31:38 AM
Snipers are straight booty, use a Warrior, Assassin or Bow Knight

You know, REAL units
#6zane0144Posted 4/19/2013 9:34:43 AM
For me Noire is an incredible sniper. But I'm 80% sure it's because MU is her dad. It's going to be hard marrying MU to someone else next playthrough. I don't want to live in a world where Noire isn't a beast.
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#7qwertyman2002Posted 4/19/2013 9:40:52 AM(edited)
If you want a Sniper, I'd suggest someone who can get Galeforce. Even better if it's a male child so he can get Dread Fighter for Aggressor. Galeforce, Aggressor, Counter, Renewal, Limit Break to get the most out of a Sniper on your turn since you won't be reliably attacking on enemy turn. Maybe swap Renewal for Lifetaker/Sol.

If you keep the Sniper in the supporting position of a Pair, then you won't be any worse off than if you picked another class, really. If you go that route though, I'd take Lifetaker on him for a healing skill and replace Counter with an attack skill proc.

zane0144 posted...
For me Noire is an incredible sniper. But I'm 80% sure it's because MU is her dad. It's going to be hard marrying MU to someone else next playthrough. I don't want to live in a world where Noire isn't a beast.

Gregor!Noire:

Limit Break, Vantage, Armsthrift, Vengeance, Wrath

As a Bride class. Penultimate Noire right there.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/qwertyman/caterpie.gif
Hey look, it's qwertyman2002, let's read his posts!
#8Col_MobiusPosted 4/19/2013 9:40:08 AM
senbonzakura1 posted...
decent archer

Does not compute.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#9BlueDryBones1Posted 4/19/2013 9:47:06 AM
Stahl!Severa
Virion!Inigo
Gaius!Noire
FeMU or Female Morgan
Ricken!Owain(Low Str though)

Galeforce
Lifetaker
Offensive proc skill (Astra or Luna is preffered)
Pass/Skill to Reduce Damage
LimitBreak

You want a skillset like this.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#10laundrysucksPosted 4/19/2013 9:56:35 AM
qwertyman2002 posted...
If you want a Sniper, I'd suggest someone who can get Galeforce. Even better if it's a male child so he can get Dread Fighter for Aggressor. Galeforce, Aggressor, Counter, Renewal, Limit Break to get the most out of a Sniper on your turn since you won't be reliably attacking on enemy turn. Maybe swap Renewal for Lifetaker/Sol.

If you keep the Sniper in the supporting position of a Pair, then you won't be any worse off than if you picked another class, really. If you go that route though, I'd take Lifetaker on him for a healing skill and replace Counter with an attack skill proc.

zane0144 posted...

Gregor!Noire:

Limit Break, Vantage, Armsthrift, Vengeance, Wrath

As a Bride class. Penultimate Noire right there.

Bride can't use double/long bow which is the whole point of using a sniper. Otherwise you're better off with the other bow using classes.
---
Not changing until Big Show AND Rey Mysterio are both permanently gone from WWE. 10/28/2011