Notable Archers/Snipers?

#21MforzPosted 4/20/2013 1:37:50 PM
I use a sniper Virion!Yarne. It has pretty high str,and with agressor/bowfaire,you can kill stuff without being touched thanks to longbows/double bow.

The reason why I went with virion!yarne is because it had the combination of
-sniper
-male unit(agressor)
-counter(they cant attack you without getting damaged)
-lethality(to make use of that high skl)
---
AshuNerA isn't my name,NAgA neither. I'm in AkaNeiA and everywhere,helping you in your quest like I helped ANri. Be it rAdiANt dAwN or AwAkeNiNg, I am there.
#22jonnovision1Posted 4/20/2013 2:10:06 PM
Alanna82 posted...
I never understand why people don't like archers. Its really pretty easy to set up a choke point and keep the archer behind, if the archer has lower defense the enemy will go for the Archer rather than the wall of tanks.

bows are a bad weapon-type for their 2-range lock, and Snipers are generally lacking in speed.

in short, there is pretty much nothing a sniper could do better than anyone else.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#23BaKaDaNaaPosted 4/20/2013 2:15:52 PM
jonnovision1 posted...
Alanna82 posted...
I never understand why people don't like archers. Its really pretty easy to set up a choke point and keep the archer behind, if the archer has lower defense the enemy will go for the Archer rather than the wall of tanks.

bows are a bad weapon-type for their 2-range lock, and Snipers are generally lacking in speed.

in short, there is pretty much nothing a sniper could do better than anyone else.

Except 3-range attacks, you mean.
#24KevinCCPosted 4/20/2013 3:37:28 PM
BaKaDaNaa posted...
jonnovision1 posted...
Alanna82 posted...

3-range -physical- attacks. Mire Sorcerors prefer not to be forgotten, and Longbow Snipers prefer not to be lumped in with such inaccurate magicians.
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
#25BaKaDaNaaPosted 4/20/2013 3:40:18 PM
KevinCC posted...
BaKaDaNaa posted...
jonnovision1 posted...
Alanna82 posted...

3-range -physical- attacks. Mire Sorcerors prefer not to be forgotten, and Longbow Snipers prefer not to be lumped in with such inaccurate magicians.

I still think that Double bow users do better 3-range attacks than mire Sorcerers.
#26PKRockin531Posted 4/20/2013 3:42:53 PM(edited)
Hunter Draug, Briggid, Faval

;D
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#27PentaoPosted 4/20/2013 3:59:44 PM

Because many games do not set them up in an optimal position to do much. They will only act as many times as there are turns in the map you're playing, they gain exp slowly, not all levels are set up with long snaking walls, and they are inflexible.

Their standard movement range doesn't help them any when it comes to attacking, and while they can counter-attack if placed on the exact edge of the enemy's range, they often aren't targeted as often as other units from a range, and will often counterattack less often than other units.

Every other unit has it easier, archers do not have especially good stats in anything but skill, so they aren't dodge-tanks or bulky tanks. They require extra work for little pay off, save for maps with enemy flying units that must be taken out (even then it's kind of iffy). They just aren't efficient units. Many other melee type units have access to hand axes, javelins, etc. and mages have 1-2 range all the time. Archers do not have especially high damage, and their critical bonus is only slightly higher than other classes. Archers were good in Radiant Dawn simply because of their access to Crossbows.

I mean sure, they CAN be used. But you can also sort using Bubble Sort instead of something like Quick Sort too.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[Pokemon White FC: 3568 1441 4376 (Pentao)]