Rate the Skill, Paralogue 7: Rightful King and Strength +2

#41spyke252Posted 4/20/2013 6:47:02 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
Quick Burn is better than Strength +2 because axes... but both are C anyway.

Rally Skill will still be useless, you know? it will add +6 Hit. that, like, awful. It also gives +2 Crit and +1 Dual Strike...as well as the proc rates.

I know RS deserves D rank (+8 hit though IIRC). But I'm trying to show that situationally, it's still useful, at least as much as Str+2.
#42NidtendofreakPosted 4/20/2013 6:48:39 PM
Multiple times when when it's a character's first Second Seal and they don't have particularly good strength for one reason or another. Virion for example. Dude refused to get more than 8 strength before the SS, even with the skill he was barely killing stuff quickly enough.

Quick Burn has never saved me once, neither has Hex. By the time I get Quick Burn, my characters are far enough along that they aren't going to get jumped in the opening turns, and Hex would imply I let a caster get attacked at point blank. The +2 skills outside of +Skill and Luck have all saved me at some point. They have more basis being in C tier than Quick Burn or junk like Relief.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#43spyke252Posted 4/20/2013 6:56:36 PM(edited)
Nidtendofreak posted...
Multiple times when when it's a character's first Second Seal and they don't have particularly good strength for one reason or another. Virion for example. Dude refused to get more than 8 strength before the SS, even with the skill he was barely killing stuff quickly enough.

Quick Burn has never saved me once, neither has Hex. By the time I get Quick Burn, my characters are far enough along that they aren't going to get jumped in the opening turns, and Hex would imply I let a caster get attacked at point blank. The +2 skills outside of +Skill and Luck have all saved me at some point. They have more basis being in C tier than Quick Burn or junk like Relief.

Virion's Str growth is 55, and his base is 6. You're basing this completely off of one completely RNG-screwed (incredibly bad) character? Not to mention, you'd still need to give an example of exactly when 2 attack made the difference between a kill and needing chip damage. Not to mention, you still need to show that every skill in D tier is useless in every situation.

Also, Hex would imply that you let a Dark Mage/Sorcerer get attacked at point blank. Dunno about you, but I actually use my sorcs.

Oh, and most levels take, what, 5 turns MAX to complete?
#44NidtendofreakPosted 4/20/2013 7:01:31 PM
Believe it or not, I'm not going to sit down and record every single little fight I have across all 3 of my files that I repeatedly bounce around in, in the off chance that I get into a debate over a particular skill. >_> Virion got completely strength screwed, the skill helped him, particularly when fighting some of the enemies with more defense like Valm. Probably helped Panne the first time I used her as a Wyvren Knight as well against Generals. I happen to remember that Virion has been frequently barely killing enemies, and he has the skill equipped because that was the last file I played in. That means it helped him.

And I use my Sorcerers like how you should use them in the main game: blasting the toughest enemy of a group from 2 range, then having the other units run in and clean up the rest so they don't take all of the exp by Nos tanking or just killing everything in general. The second Dark Mage skill is much more helpful.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.