Improving Team Depth (Mainly Spots 17-20, for DLC)

#1X_SquadPosted 4/19/2013 10:24:01 PM
The last Rogues & Redeemers DLC requiring me to field something around 20 characters made me slightly concerned about my team depth. I have no problem fielding a solid team for the usual 10-16 character limit and the R&R3 wasn't really a problem, mainly because I could use casual mode as a crutch (playing on Hard/Casual atm) but I'm wondering for now, and future reference, how I can have a deeper team. Taking a queue from baseball, I'll list my starting 5 in the rotation, and the rest

1. Avatar (GM)

2. Morgan (Dread)

3. Severa (Assassin, Sol/Lethality)

4. Lucina (Great Lord, Aegis/Aether)

5. Inigo (Assassin, Sol/Lethality/Astra)

And the rest:

6. Cynthia (Falco, close close call but I think my Inigo beats her 1v1)

7, 8. Team Galeforce, Sumia and Cordelia (Falcons)

9. Noire (Bride, taking adv of her high magic as Tharja's child)

10. Chrom (Great Lord, I dislike the 42 speed cap)

11. Kjelle (Paladin)

12. Owain (Swordmaster)

13. Gerome (Wyvern Lord, love the strength but 36 speed cap -_- this is what happens when I pair Cherce w/ Freddy and not train Freddy)

14. Tharja (Sorc)

15. Aversa (Dark Flier, apparently Anna giving her massive speed RNG luck for me)

16. Stahl (Assassin)

This is where I don't know what to do, 17-20, currently I have:

17. Tiki (Manakete)

18. Cherche (Gryphon)

19. Laurent (Sage, if Meriel applied probability theory to her son she gave him the bad standard deviation on the left tail)

20. Walhart or Yen'Fay (Bleahhhhhh)

I've stayed away from using the DLC characters because of lack of support bonuses, but some of the newer characters have nice skills and stats (ex: Catria) so I don't know, maybe I should start using them? Probably have to insert Priam once he comes out. I'm wondering whether I should train some of the parents or do something else to not have a terrible backline (honestly big drop off for my team after 12).

I'm not into competitive Streetpass battling so that's not a concern, but if there's another 18+ character DLC map that's harder than R&R 3 my depth will be sorely tested. Thanks in advance.
#2Rockman47Posted 4/19/2013 10:34:09 PM
*Doesn't see Brady, Yarne, or Nah*
Did you mess them up? Brady is a great Sorceror as Henry or Libra as the father. While Yarne boasts great mods from Panne so he only needs a good father to add classes that don't kill his Physical future. Nah=Dragon Tank of Death with fathers Gaius or Kellam.
---
People always find a way to hate each other. Like something old, nostalgia whore. Like something new, tool. Hate the new thing, hipster. The Hate Cycle.
#3KitoariPosted 4/19/2013 10:44:23 PM(edited)
Notables:

Spotpass Eph has Rightful King.
DLC Celica has Rightful King.
Spotpass Jafar has Galeforce.
DLC Seliph has Galeforce.

Brady may not be an appealing character but he's easily one of the better sages. Yarne is an amazing Physical support. Nah doesn't die ever.

Chrom should probably strictly support MU or Lucina. Dual Strike + and Dual Guard + make him a great backline unit.

Bride!Noire seems like a waste to me. If you want a bow user just make a sniper and have dedicated healer/rallybot.
#4KevinCCPosted 4/19/2013 11:04:08 PM
"I'm not into competitive Streetpass battling so that's not a concern, but if there's another 18+ character DLC map that's harder than R&R 3 my depth will be sorely tested. Thanks in advance."

I think there is one - -THE- hardest one - and the way I've seen its harder variant steamrollered is through extensive use of Rallybots. Yes, Robin and Morgan are the easiest characters to make into them, but taking two DLC characters can work just as well. No Supports required, and one male and one female can cover all ten Rally skills between them for an easy +10 to the stats (hey, two characters equaling Limit Break with two added movement and an extra four Luck on top of that...).
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
#5X_Squad(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 11:29:46 PM
Yea I screwed up Brady, Yarne, and Nah, did not level the parents and merely support-farmed them to unlock the maps, so I think they would have poor stat caps as well. I like the option of filling out the last slots with DLC/Spotpass support monkeys, great idea.

I don't know what to do with Noire, I don't value access to Longbow that much but using her as a Bride does tend to either force her out of combat or have her act as a Sniper anyways, but without the Longbow option. I guess with no dedicated healer I kind of have to rely on having another potential Physic staff user with high Magic (my Sumia and Noire have 35+ magic and still growing).
#6LiefglindePosted 4/20/2013 12:28:43 AM
X_Squad posted...
Yea I screwed up Brady, Yarne, and Nah, did not level the parents and merely support-farmed them to unlock the maps, so I think they would have poor stat caps as well. I like the option of filling out the last slots with DLC/Spotpass support monkeys, great idea.

I don't know what to do with Noire, I don't value access to Longbow that much but using her as a Bride does tend to either force her out of combat or have her act as a Sniper anyways, but without the Longbow option. I guess with no dedicated healer I kind of have to rely on having another potential Physic staff user with high Magic (my Sumia and Noire have 35+ magic and still growing).

Caps are determined by the father. It doesn't matter what the parents' stats were at the time of recruitment. Whether Maribelle and her husband were level 1 or 20, Brady's caps will be the same.