Best Way to get Renewal?

#1magiccube4527Posted 4/19/2013 11:17:29 PM
I'm trying to get Renewal on Lucina, but don't want her to level up 20 levels as a Cleric... I know I can also promote her to Great Lord and reclass to war cleric, but won't I lose a lot of experience gain that way?

What's the best way to get Renewal on her. Level to 20, then, reclass to Cleric, and only level 10 levels, then promote to War Cleric?
#2EnfusionistPosted 4/19/2013 11:19:20 PM
You don't lose stat gain, if that's what you're asking. If you reclass to War Cleric, you'll drop stats accordingly. But when you reclass back to Great Lord, you regain all those stats again since Stat Gains are saved even between class changing.
#3magiccube4527(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 11:22:20 PM
Enfusionist posted...
You don't lose stat gain, if that's what you're asking. If you reclass to War Cleric, you'll drop stats accordingly. But when you reclass back to Great Lord, you regain all those stats again since Stat Gains are saved even between class changing.

No, I'm talking about "internal level" or whatever people call it. Isn't it that the more levels you gain, the less exp you get, especially if you're in a promoted class?
#4MforzPosted 4/19/2013 11:24:47 PM
Get to level 10+ as great lord
Reclass to war cleric
Get to level 15
---
AshuNerA isn't my name,NAgA neither. I'm in AkaNeiA and everywhere,helping you in your quest like I helped ANri. Be it rAdiANt dAwN or AwAkeNiNg, I am there.
#5jonnovision1Posted 4/19/2013 11:24:55 PM
assuming she didn't gain any levels, reclass to cleric, rescue-spam to level 10, and then promote to War Cleric.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#6EnfusionistPosted 4/19/2013 11:31:05 PM(edited)
magiccube4527 posted...
Enfusionist posted...

No, I'm talking about "internal level" or whatever people call it. Isn't it that the more levels you gain, the less exp you get, especially if you're in a promoted class?

Ah, yes, the internal level. I was really big on that before. But it turns out that it's really just how the game is; if you want more skills, you'll need to push that internal level up. If you plan to max out your character stats, you will eventually hit your internal level pretty quickly. It's really not a big issue if you know how to grind properly, or if you are just fine with grinding normally in general.

If you don't take advantage of reaching your max internal level, then what's the point anyway? You could be getting more skills instead of just leaving your unit at level 20 and worrying about the internal level.

Anyway, if you are planning to go back to Great Lord later, just get level 10 Great Lord and then reclass to War Cleric. But if you don't mind and want to pick up Miracle, then reclass to Cleric and promote to War Cleric at level 20. Both of these ways add the same number of levels to your internal level, so it's a matter of whether you wanna skip Miracle or not.
#7magiccube4527(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 11:30:02 PM
Enfusionist posted...
magiccube4527 posted...
Enfusionist posted...

Ah, yes, the internal level. I was really big on that before. But it turns out that it's really just how the game is; if you want more skills, you'll need to push that internal level up. If you plan to max out your character stats, you will eventually hit your internal level pretty quickly. It's really not a big issue if you know how to grind properly, or if you are just fine with grinding normally in general.

If you don't take advantage of reaching your max internal level, then what's the point anyway? You could be getting more skills instead of just leaving your unit at level 20 and worrying about the internal level.

ok, I haven't had her gain any levels yet, that's why I'm asking. So I should get her to level 20, promote to Great Lord and Second Seal at level 10 to War Cleric, right?
#8EnfusionistPosted 4/19/2013 11:39:46 PM
Enfusionist posted...
f you are planning to go back to Great Lord later, just get level 10 Great Lord and then reclass to War Cleric. But if you don't mind and want to pick up Miracle, then reclass to Cleric and promote to War Cleric at level 20. Both of these ways add the same number of levels to your internal level, so it's a matter of whether you wanna skip Miracle or not.

Hope that helps. In general, just get them to the level that grants the skill you need, then reclass. Reclassing directly to the promoted class VS Reclassing to the unpromoted, then master sealing to the promoted, they both add the same number to your internal level.

This means it's your choice of whether it's worth your time to get the unpromoted skills or not, since they end up to the same resulting internal level in the end.
#9magiccube4527(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 11:52:06 PM
Enfusionist posted...
Enfusionist posted...
f you are planning to go back to Great Lord later, just get level 10 Great Lord and then reclass to War Cleric. But if you don't mind and want to pick up Miracle, then reclass to Cleric and promote to War Cleric at level 20. Both of these ways add the same number of levels to your internal level, so it's a matter of whether you wanna skip Miracle or not.

Hope that helps. In general, just get them to the level that grants the skill you need, then reclass. Reclassing directly to the promoted class VS Reclassing to the unpromoted, then master sealing to the promoted, they both add the same number to your internal level.

This means it's your choice of whether it's worth your time to get the unpromoted skills or not, since they end up to the same resulting internal level in the end.

Yeah, I realized I was contradicting myself -.- Thanks for the help. I'm not going to reclass to Cleric at all since it really isn't helping me in any way besides exp gain.