Which Fire Emblem out of 4-13 is the most overrated?

#61Is_CorruptedPosted 4/20/2013 6:52:53 PM
PoR is slightly overrated. The game is really easy, yet whenever I mention this all that can be heard are people yelling "lol sacred stones is easier" ... so what? PoR is still ridiculously easy. It's a true shame we didn't get the good mode. It's only slightly overrated because while it's easy, it has the best setting and storytelling in the series.

Radiant Dawn was a bit overrated. It looks nice, it sounds nice, and the gameplay is cool, but there's so little replay value with all that whacky availability. People actually realised that and moved on, at least.

Awakening is the most overrated right now, and will remain so until people stop praising it like they do and understand that it doesn't only has "some flaws", but that it has a huge amount of important ones. Anything higher than hard mode has an ungoldy scaling that requires grinding (it shouldn't), the setting is crap, the story is divided into parts that barely hold each other, the level design is horrendous... yet for all of this and more, it's still praised.

People go out and recommend grinding on harder difficulties, to officially make the game easy, then they point at FE8 and laugh. Ha!
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#62NidtendofreakPosted 4/20/2013 6:54:49 PM
This game.

Its not that good. Barely beats out SS.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#63SWBF2PilotPosted 4/20/2013 7:01:13 PM
Blazing sword was highly rated but actually very good, especially for a GBA game. FE9 and 10 on the other hand, received mediocre reviews from critics and yet everybody is super-duper-mega-fanboy all over Ike. The Black Knight was probably the best villain in the series, but he was also one of the only interesting parts in those games. The games themselves were mediocre. ESPECIALLY for console titles. Therefore they are overrated, which people need to understand is different from "highly rated" or "bad."
---
"Siegfried: He has no need for words, he speaks with whiffs." - Wandrian
Official General of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Boards
#64anondumPosted 4/20/2013 7:06:36 PM
none of them?
#65FajitaEataxxPosted 4/20/2013 7:58:15 PM
What is it the new hip thing to hate on FE7? If it wasn't for Lyn normal mode this series wouldn't have even caught on in the states. No game after FE7 did everything completely better than FE7 that's why it hasn't been dethroned.

Any way I think FE8 is the most over rated. It's so easy it can hardly be considered strategy. You can pick randomly pick 5 characters out of a hat and can probably beat hard mode with only them.
#66arvilinoPosted 4/21/2013 12:41:56 AM
Is_Corrupted posted...
PoR is slightly overrated. The game is really easy, yet whenever I mention this all that can be heard are people yelling "lol sacred stones is easier" ... so what? PoR is still ridiculously easy. It's a true shame we didn't get the good mode. It's only slightly overrated because while it's easy, it has the best setting and storytelling in the series.

Radiant Dawn was a bit overrated. It looks nice, it sounds nice, and the gameplay is cool, but there's so little replay value with all that whacky availability. People actually realised that and moved on, at least.

Awakening is the most overrated right now, and will remain so until people stop praising it like they do and understand that it doesn't only has "some flaws", but that it has a huge amount of important ones. Anything higher than hard mode has an ungoldy scaling that requires grinding (it shouldn't), the setting is crap, the story is divided into parts that barely hold each other, the level design is horrendous... yet for all of this and more, it's still praised.

People go out and recommend grinding on harder difficulties, to officially make the game easy, then they point at FE8 and laugh. Ha!

I've asked this before but who? I highly doubt those who grind FE13 are ones who hate on FE8.

Also Lunatic seriously does not require grinding. I've fielded characters in the final couple chapters with quite a few characters with not that many levels under their belt and their stats in the low-mid 20's and almost any character can be used throughout the whole game on Lunatic in one way or another given they got enough levels near their join time.

I mean when or if(because given some posters you can see why I might have doubts) you've played Lunatic what chapters exactly did you have issue with which required you to grind?
#67Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 4/21/2013 6:54:17 AM
FE4.

everyone always brings up the fact that it was supposedly the highest rated FE in japan as evidence that its the best game in the series. it really isnt, even though its a cool game and i like it.

FE7 deserves all the nice things that are said about it.
---
imanalt.
#68PKRockin531Posted 4/21/2013 6:55:45 AM
PKRockin531 posted...
PKRockin531 posted...
Shadow Dragon clearly.

How is Shadow Dragon OVERrated?! People generally think it's the weakest FE game. That doesn't sound like overrated to me.

DUDE! It being considered the weakest FE game is the most overrated thing about it! You go into a FE topic, and you've got that guy going "wow, SD was so terrible" or "don't play SD" that it's overrated-ness is legendary!

It's so overrated in that sense, that people are being blinded and picking far less overrated games, like New Mystery and Sacred Stones over it!

Gosh.

Oh, ok. I was reading your comment a different way then. I agree with you then

Someone actually believed me omg
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531