Rate the Skill, Paralogue 9: Magic/Defense/Resistance +2

#11guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 7:12:06 AM
spyke252 posted...
RedMageKirby posted...
D ranked skills are never good.

This is not true. They're so situational, that they're not useful in general play (with the exception of Outdoor Fighter, which is insanely underrated for the first five maps).

Kinda like the +2 skills.

not even that. take luck +4 for example. it's far from being a ''situational'' skill. but i does barely anything.

charm, too. you will be stuck with it for a while, and you will not even remember it, because it does basically nothing
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#12spyke252Posted 4/21/2013 7:19:24 AM
guedesbrawl posted...
spyke252 posted...
RedMageKirby posted...
D ranked skills are never good.

This is not true. They're so situational, that they're not useful in general play (with the exception of Outdoor Fighter, which is insanely underrated for the first five maps).

Kinda like the +2 skills.

not even that. take luck +4 for example. it's far from being a ''situational'' skill. but i does barely anything.

charm, too. you will be stuck with it for a while, and you will not even remember it, because it does basically nothing

You can't base it on the worst skills in the tier. Outdoor fighter, Rally Skill, and Odd/Even Rhythm CAN be useful under certain circumstances. Same with all the stat +2 skills. Outdoor Fighter is CLEARLY more useful than Magic/Defense/Res+2 earlygame, and since Outdoor Fighter is in D tier, then Mag/Def/Res +2 belong in D tier as well, or outdoor fighter should be moved to C.
#13nflchampPosted 4/21/2013 7:35:07 AM(edited)
D/D/D. +2 in this game sucks. It will be replaced the second I have something better. "Something better" includes most D-rank skills.

Edit: What happened to Paralogue 8?
#14uuurrrgghPosted 4/21/2013 7:30:48 AM
D/D/D
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#15guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 8:45:49 AM
nflchamp posted...
D/D/D. +2 in this game sucks. It will be replaced the second I have something better. "Something better" includes most D-rank skills.

Edit: What happened to Paralogue 8?

i forgot to fully edit my copy paste. last paralogue was "7", but we already had that (conquest + shadowgift)... so it was supposed to be 8.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#16guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:11:26 AM
come on, where are the people who helped strength +2?!
---
Confession Time!
#17Model_OmegaPosted 4/21/2013 11:17:13 AM
Magic +2: C
Defense +2: C
Resistance +2: D

The reason Res +2 gets a D is because you need to be a troubadour to get it, a class that should never be attacked ever unless you're really bad, so the extra defensive abilities are truly pointless, magic +2 helps out Miriel and Ricken early game and Defense +2 while nice it kind of overkill since Knights already have high defense, not holding it against that skill though.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
Viva la revolucion bolivariana!
#18NidtendofreakPosted 4/21/2013 11:24:36 AM
C/C/C

They have a use up to after the first time you Second Seal, and can in fact make a difference in if you live or not. Also actively help in every map you play with the possible exception of +2 Res, but your characters have lower Res to start with so it helps more.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#19guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:47:05 AM
Model_Omega posted...

The reason Res +2 gets a D is because you need to be a troubadour to get it, a class that should never be attacked ever unless you're really bad, so the extra defensive abilities are truly pointless, magic +2 helps out Miriel and Ricken early game and Defense +2 while nice it kind of overkill since Knights already have high defense, not holding it against that skill though.

you can actually use them to bait magicians, specially wind users, who you can't bait with pegasi.
---
Confession Time!
#20Model_OmegaPosted 4/21/2013 12:18:03 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
Model_Omega posted...

you can actually use them to bait magicians, specially wind users, who you can't bait with pegasi.

I suppose, but it's not enough reason to pull Res +2 out of the "utterly useless" pit considering that unless your Maribelle, Morgan!Maribelle or maybe Lissa, you need to purposely reclass to an inferior class to get this skill.
If I want to bait magicians, I'd use a mage, at least they can deal damage back and not be swarmed by potential BS reinforcements (Chapter 5)
For Demoiselle it's kind of worth it, but never Res +2.
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
Viva la revolucion bolivariana!