How can I save Anna in the second Paralogue?

#1BeanBeanKingdomPosted 4/21/2013 10:32:26 AM
Gosh, this is brutal... I'm on hard/classic and doing my darndest to get to Anna in time with Chrom, but there's a lot of space to traverse and I always waste a turn because the enemies bottleneck the bridge on the right of the starting point. Anna is being a reckless fool who keeps going back and forth in her general starting areas and even though she can usually dodge direct attacks, the archers eventually nail her before I can ever get there... What strategy should I employ? Thanks!
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#2yzmanPosted 4/21/2013 10:36:12 AM
You don't actually need to save her. Just try to get to the village to get the staff from it.

If you do want to save her just because, what I did was put Cordelia and Chrom together, flew them over river to the right careful to avoid any archers and waited. Some units may attack, if you are having trouble, switch to Chrom ( this just makes it a turn or so slower). Next turn continue up. Most of the units will probably attack you instead of Anna. Next turn you should make it to village and can protect anna.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#3BeanBeanKingdom(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 10:38:35 AM
I thought I could recruit her here if I talked to her with Chrom? If not, then it doesn't matter if she goes down? I'm doing the paralogues as they become available so I don't have Cordelia yet, if I can avoid saving her and it will have no negative repercussions, then I won't.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#4Misha-HeartPosted 4/21/2013 10:40:45 AM
Just use Sumia.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#5GoldenPower89Posted 4/21/2013 10:42:51 AM
It doesn't matter if she survives this paralogue. You'll meet up with her again, even if she dies this chapter.
---
"I used to be an adventurer like you, but I took an arrow to the knee." - Whiterun Guard
#6Capitan_KidPosted 4/21/2013 10:42:52 AM
You gotta RESCUE her.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#7IceDissolverPosted 4/21/2013 10:44:46 AM
Anna in Paralogue 2 is unrecruitable, so just ignore her. You recruit Anna in Paralogue 4.

A flier paired up with a strong unit like MU or Frederick is the best way to reach the village if Anna can't survive.
#8Kirby321Posted 4/21/2013 10:50:45 AM
You won't be able to recruit Anna until Paralogue 4. I'm not sure if talking to Anna has any significance, but it's possible to keep her alive, talk to her, warn the village, and complete the Paralogue on a Hard/Classic run. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I do remember sending a unit to take care of the troops to the north, defeating the enemy unit at the bridge, and then sending the Cavaliers and Sumia/Chrom to aid Anna. Focus on defeating the enemies (especially the Archers) first, warn the village, and then talk to Anna. Even after you talk to her with Chrom, she'll still be an Ally/green unit instead of a player-controlled unit, so talking to Anna will be the least of your concerns. Watch out for Victor, though. He's not a stationary boss, so he'll move to attack your units if he needs to.
---
Kirby321 is 60% epicsauce, 40% epic failure
Soo... how was your day?
#9BeanBeanKingdom(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 10:56:02 AM
Kirby321 posted...
You won't be able to recruit Anna until Paralogue 4. I'm not sure if talking to Anna has any significance, but it's possible to keep her alive, talk to her, warn the village, and complete the Paralogue on a Hard/Classic run. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I do remember sending a unit to take care of the troops to the north, defeating the enemy unit at the bridge, and then sending the Cavaliers and Sumia/Chrom to aid Anna. Focus on defeating the enemies (especially the Archers) first, warn the village, and then talk to Anna. Even after you talk to her with Chrom, she'll still be an Ally/green unit instead of a player-controlled unit, so talking to Anna will be the least of your concerns. Watch out for Victor, though. He's not a stationary boss, so he'll move to attack your units if he needs to.

Thanks, I'll see how it goes by doing that.
---
#10GSSAGE7Posted 4/21/2013 11:03:26 AM
The game dropped the ball by not giving you the option to talk to Anna with Anna.
I mean, they already had dialogue if you recruited Anna first before trying to go there. It's like IS went out of its way to make sure that only Chrom could talk to NPCs.