Think of an FE character and a Star Wars character before entering.

#81OhHeyltsYouPosted 4/21/2013 8:53:17 PM
Mia and Nom Anor.

RIP Mia... and every FE character.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#82imthestuntmanPosted 4/21/2013 9:04:54 PM
bearclaw13 posted...
Endgame posted...
because most people don't care for the EU, just the movies

and Luke, despite being the main character of one of the most iconic franchises of all time..... didn't really do much

sure, he's the one who blew up the Death Star, but after that, he got his hand cut off, and then got owned by Palpatine until daddy saved his ass, doesn't really make him look good

I'm one of the people who reads all of the books and such. As such I have trouble relating to those who don't.

Anyone that reads the books (the comics are even more ludicrous though they fall in the same continuity) would have trouble seeing any star wars character with any access to the force cut down by any non force user.

The point is if you took away the force completely from luke skywalker or whoever and then made the swords be able to block lightsabers (which is possible) you would have them on a level playing field like luke vs vader.

But you have to keep in mind that 2 jedi fighting being an example is a ar cry from a jedi and a normal person. The jedi has heightened speed, strength, awareness, a degree of precognition, and likely telekinesis. A normal person simply cannot compete with that. It just is not possible.

Keep in mind that it is almost impossible for them to be able to block a lightsaber. They would almost certainly not have access to the materials needed to do this. And theres also a very low likelihood they would use these materials to construct weapons or armor as they are not good choices for them if you do not know about them being useful against lightsabers.

Until you start dealing with deities like grima there is no reasonable argument you can make for anyone in star wars, aside from a non-jedi though even that is debateable with the approximated strength of blaster pistols and rifles, being able to be defeated by anything from fire emblem.

And once you start dealing with deities you start having to gauge how powerful they are. And frankly we have no real scale for how to gauge that. Unless we count how much damage they take to kill for your party in fire emblem, though this is hardly a good measurement because of there normally being a story reason your party is able to fight this all powerful being in a reasonable fight.

If you want to get into the science behind star wars weapons to gauge how powerful they are... Well lets just say that thats unreasonable bcause of how powerful they would have to be. Using the observed force of a turbolaser off a star destroyer being used to destroy an asteroid, even a small one, in the empire strikes back is a popular way to do this. Even if the power for this battery was scaled down to something that could fit in your hand and the power for that scale was cut down to 10% it would still be an unreasonably powerful force. We are talking one shot is an instant death to anything. Maybe grima could survive, but as was already stated we haveno way of gauging how powerful he is.

If we assume his observed power in the final battle is canon, well he would likely die just as quickly as chrom or anyone else just because of a lack of any real defence for a lightsaber or blaster type weapn.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#83SWBF2PilotPosted 4/21/2013 9:07:49 PM
Lon'qu and Yoda. Probably just gonna sit back and enjoy the show on this one. Maybe Lon'qu after that Soul Calibur fiasco with the little green guy.
---
"Siegfried: He has no need for words, he speaks with whiffs." - Wandrian
Official General of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Boards
#84imthestuntmanPosted 4/21/2013 9:11:59 PM
OhHeyltsYou posted...
Mia and Nom Anor.

RIP Mia... and every FE character.

This actually is fascinating just because more than any other match up this calls into question what exactly a character can bring to the table. Obviously a jedi would get a lightsaber and chrom falchion. But what about a character with no clearly defined normal weapon? Would he have access to the poison and diseases he is seen to use? If so then it is likely your assessment of the fight is correct, or at the very least just somewhat exaggerated.

If not though, and we assume that they only get the normal weapons of their people, then this is a more interesting fight.

Nom anor is observed to have some measure of martial skill, though an amphistaff is likely going to just be even with a sword. Obviously the weapon has its advantages, but i would guess it would be able to block and fight relatively evenly with a normal blade. Since nom anor is somewhat skilled, though not very, it is more likely he would lose depending on the skill of mia. If this is a maxed stats, or maxed level mia i would guess he would probably lose. Tough we do have to take into account the unconventional of his weapon likely throwing her off, leaving a potential opening for him to win.
---
#85Pro_TacticianPosted 4/21/2013 9:49:39 PM
Mia vs Anakin

Welp... I think this will end in a draw?
---
http://raptr.com/Sexuality/wall
#86H34rtofFirePosted 4/21/2013 9:54:59 PM
Severa vs Aayla Secura

Well, least it'll be a sexy battle. Not that it'd last very long at all.
---
Is that supposed to be your head between your shoulders? I thought it was a kumquat. - Oda Nobunaga
#87Flaktrooper123Posted 4/21/2013 9:58:34 PM
Gharnef vs Palpatine
#88imthestuntmanPosted 4/21/2013 10:06:17 PM
Pro_Tactician posted...
Mia vs Anakin

Welp... I think this will end in a draw?

This will be my last post. The answer is mia loses. For any other fight that is any normal fire emblem character against a jedi is this. And its similar for anyone with a blaster pistol. Any other fight we are forced to concede a draw (like a deity) just because we cannot objectively judge the contest.
---