What is the Avatar's best marriage?

#1bearclaw13Posted 4/21/2013 12:01:31 PM
IN YOUR OPINION who is the best character to marry your Avatar gameplay wise.

I like Tharja personally.
---
It's game time.
#2Model_OmegaPosted 4/21/2013 12:05:05 PM(edited)
Gameplay wise it really depends on what exactly you want out of Morgan, or whether you value having 2 super units or 1 great unit (HINT: The first option is superior)
It pays off in the end to have a Male MU marry one of Tharja, Sully or Nowi to create more galeforce users, and if you're a FeMU you're best with either Chrom or a second gen unit.

So in short:
MUx Any first gen (except childless female)
FeMUx Chrom/Any second gen
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
Viva la revolucion bolivariana!
#3doshpashtaPosted 4/21/2013 12:10:11 PM(edited)
For +mag MU, marrying Tharja is awesome. You get two great Morgan-like units. Who can complain about that?!

But overall, I think the Avatar's truly best and most gamebreaking marriage is with either Nowi or Lon'Qu!Nah/Gaius!Nah, depending on whether you want two great Manaketes or one godlike Manakete. Manaketes are so strong and they have such crappy class access in this game, so getting a Tactician-Manakete means that they can have skills like Vantage, Vengeance, and Tomebreaker that they were never "meant" to have. I know people will give me crap for putting Vengeance on "muh tank" Manakete characters, but Vengeance and Vantage is really good even on Manaketes for harder maps and StreetPass battles. The best Asset/Flaw for this build is +Speed/-Magic in my opinion, though you could definitely make a good argument for +Strength or +Defense.
#4SazukeEXPosted 4/21/2013 12:06:30 PM
Sumia
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.
#5soma2035Posted 4/21/2013 12:09:20 PM(edited)
Avatar!Cynthia and Morgan > Avatar!Noire and Morgan.

Arguably Severa too, except that's kind of a waste of the skill pool.

doshpashta posted...
For +mag MU, marrying Tharja is awesome. You get two great Morgan-like units. Who can complain about that?!

But overall, I think the Avatar's truly best and most gamebreaking marriage is with either Nowi or Gaius!Nah, depending on whether you want two great Manaketes or one godlike Manakete. Manaketes are so strong and they have such crappy class access in this game, so getting a Tactician-Manakete means that they can have skills like Vantage, Vengeance, and Tomebreaker that they were never "meant" to have. I know people will give me crap for putting Vengeance on "muh tank" Manakete characters, but Vengeance and Vantage is really good even on Manaketes for harder maps and StreetPass battles. The best Asset/Flaw for this build is +Speed/-Magic in my opinion.

Nah!Morgan should be taking 0 damage from Anna, so no, Vengeance is not good on Manaketes on harder maps.

---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption,that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
#6doshpashtaPosted 4/21/2013 12:12:55 PM(edited)
soma2035 posted...
Nah!Morgan should be taking 0 damage from Anna, so no, Vengeance is not good on Manaketes on harder maps.

Did you even read my post? Vengeance is extremely good for solo mapclearing and especially StreetPass battles, where it's nearly gamebreaking. If you want to bust your ass off with constant rallybotting and pairups, that's fine too, but it's obvious to anybody that Vengeance is useless in that situation.
#7soma2035Posted 4/21/2013 12:17:14 PM
doshpashta posted...
soma2035 posted...

Did you even read my post? Vengeance is extremely good for solo mapclearing and especially StreetPass battles, where it's nearly gamebreaking. If you want to bust your ass off with constant rallybotting and pairups, that's fine too, but it's obvious to anybody that Vengeance is useless in that situation.

Kellam!Nah!Morgan with +Def/-Lck Avatar has 51 defense.
+10 from Limit Breaker
+10 from pairing up with a general (which takes 2 seconds on your first turn)
+13 from Dragonstone+.

Without even rallying, you've got 84 defense. Anna has 65 Str, 15 Mt Brave Lance, and +2 Attack from weapon rank, giving her 82 Attack. Without rallying, the highest might enemy in the game isn't hurting you unless she procs Aether.

The only thing that should be hurting you is counter, and Vengeance makes that worse by making it more likely you'll counter yourself to death.
---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption,that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
#8PK_GamingPosted 4/21/2013 12:18:59 PM(edited)
SazukeEX posted...
Sumia

agreed

bump it
---
Everything that bores me has gotta go!
~Yosuke
#9doshpashtaPosted 4/21/2013 12:25:31 PM(edited)
soma2035 posted...
doshpashta posted...
soma2035 posted...

+10 from Limit Breaker
+13 from Dragonstone+.

Without even rallying, you've got 84 defense. Anna has 65 Str, 15 Mt Brave Lance, and +2 Attack from weapon rank, giving her 82 Attack. Without rallying, the highest might enemy in the game isn't hurting you unless she procs Aether.

The only thing that should be hurting you is counter, and Vengeance makes that worse by making it more likely you'll counter yourself to death.

That's fine. I do appreciate the detailed breakdown you presented. I wasn't targeting the build for TSON's Anna, though, but sure, you do win the argument for the case when TSON Anna doesn't proc Aether.

However, Tactician Manakete is still the best all-around Manakete build, IMO, because of it's insane utility and class access and its good matchup capability against paired-up Sorcerers and Wyrmsbane Manaketes in StreetPass. I agree that Limit Breaker +Def Manakete is insane in its own right though.
#10legendriderPosted 4/21/2013 12:26:17 PM
soma2035 posted...
doshpashta posted...
soma2035 posted...

+10 from Limit Breaker
+13 from Dragonstone+.

Doesn't help she has a 65% chance of activating aether then.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196