Few Questions!

#1ToBy8888Posted 4/22/2013 4:04:34 AM
I'm probably gonna restart my game on lunatic mode. I just don't feel like i'm actually playin' the game on hard. I really want to understand the system before doing it.

Is it possible to maximize a characters stats? Are the stats random through leveling up? From what I understand everytime you change classes your stats remain the same, so they can only go up. So if you switch enough times you can max out your stats? I've also read somewhere along the lines since your level keeps adding on eventually the exp gets terrible - 8 a kill?

Does it matter what character I pair another character with for "breeding"? Haha, that doesn't sound right, they're people. I don't really understand this that much, even with the sticky. It just looks like random numbers to me. All I know is I want SOL and Lightning Speed on everybody I can put it on. So is it only females that can get lightning speed, or do I have to pair up the right parents to pass the trait down?

What's better in this game, melee or magic? Is there a specific "best" class of anything? I was reading something about a "superior unit" that can be made with your avatar.
---
PSN: TOBEHINSAUCE
GT: TOBY IN SPACE
#2ToBy8888(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 6:26:49 PM
Shameless bump
---
#3Bleck5Posted 4/22/2013 6:29:00 PM
why Sol?
#4finaleusPosted 4/22/2013 6:31:34 PM
Is it possible to maximize a characters stats? Yes
Are the stats random through leveling up? Yes, to an extent

From what I understand everytime you change classes your stats remain the same, so they can only go up. So if you switch enough times you can max out your stats? I've also read somewhere along the lines since your level keeps adding on eventually the exp gets terrible - 8 a kill? Yeah, but maxing stats isn't hard at all. Getting optimal skills is the hard part

For breeding, it does who goes with who, but moreso for class options than stats, imo.

All I know is I want SOL and Lightning Speed on everybody I can put it on. So is it only females that can get lightning speed, or do I have to pair up the right parents to pass the trait down? MU, Gaius and Donnel go with Sully, Nowi and Tharja. Everyone should have galeforce this way apart from Laurent/Yarne/Gerome, I think. I'm not sure about Sol, since it's not as important.

What's better in this game, melee or magic? Is there a specific "best" class of anything? I was reading something about a "superior unit" that can be made with your avatar.

Sorcerer
#5DlordflashPosted 4/22/2013 6:42:07 PM
ToBy8888 posted...
I'm probably gonna restart my game on lunatic mode. I just don't feel like i'm actually playin' the game on hard. I really want to understand the system before doing it.

Is it possible to maximize a characters stats? Are the stats random through leveling up? From what I understand everytime you change classes your stats remain the same, so they can only go up. So if you switch enough times you can max out your stats? I've also read somewhere along the lines since your level keeps adding on eventually the exp gets terrible - 8 a kill?

Does it matter what character I pair another character with for "breeding"? Haha, that doesn't sound right, they're people. I don't really understand this that much, even with the sticky. It just looks like random numbers to me. All I know is I want SOL and Lightning Speed on everybody I can put it on. So is it only females that can get lightning speed, or do I have to pair up the right parents to pass the trait down?

yes you can max stats by reclassing a lot. each character has their own set of growth rates for stats, those stats are added to the class growth rates to make your final growth rate total. the game remembers all the stats a character earns through the game, there are 2 types of stats, class base stats, and character's personal stats, when reclassing your personal stats will be added to the new classes base stats to make your official stats and then adjusts to class caps as well. Yes 8 exp per kill is the minimum for a kill once your internal levels are high enough.

breeding doesn't matter unless your a trying to get the absolute best out a character, it really doesn't matter on a normal playthrough at all though it matters somewhat for harder challenges like the final DLC but overall you should just go with whatever you feel is right, but if you absolutely want to make the best out of a child i guess someone else could answer that for you, also lightning speed was the japanese name of the skill, its now renamed as galeforce
#6sonofkorolPosted 4/22/2013 6:46:23 PM
finaleus posted...

Sorcerer

Or Sorcerer for Mirel, MU on Sage, S support rank, and watch dem one-hit-kills.
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#7ToBy8888(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 6:49:31 PM
Yeah, I think i'm gonna want the absolute best. So, does the BEST and the WORST stat you pick in the beginning for avatar matter?
---
#8DlordflashPosted 4/22/2013 6:53:26 PM
ToBy8888 posted...
Yeah, I think i'm gonna want the absolute best. So, does the BEST and the WORST stat you pick in the beginning for avatar matter?

assets and flaws change your personal stat mods that means caps different depending on the class your in plus the mods your character has
click on this link for more information

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max.html
as well as the mods for all characters and classes if you want to fiddle with some stuff
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max_all.html

it also effects your growth rates
heres the link for that

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_growth.html
as well as the total growths for characters plus the class their currently in
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_growth_all.html

and lastly it effects your starting stats which don't matter as much most of the time.
#9sonofkorolPosted 4/22/2013 6:55:36 PM
ToBy8888 posted...

Minor, in the end. Especially if you pick the kind of class you want the MU to be. And never, EVER underestimate the MU as a support character. If you pair up your avatar with the right person, with the right stat boosters, etc, you can solo maps like it's out of style. I used my avatar as a tank, then got S rank with Miriel, switched to support, and she one-shots entire maps, including bosses. It's insane.
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#10uuurrrgghPosted 4/22/2013 6:55:39 PM
Magic is generally better due to constant 1-2 range, but it's never bad to have physical units to deal with res tanks.
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441