Fire Emblem IS RACIST?

#51FwahmPosted 4/22/2013 5:31:08 PM
vagames posted...
WebbOMG posted...
vagames posted...

What is the point of this?

You don't understand the difference?

Being courted by men and women alike simply suggests that men and women approached him and attempted to woo him.

Him courting others implies that HE is initiating the exchange.

I understand now. The definition of the word has changed over time. I knew the word as "to be conducting a serious emotional relationship usually leading to marriage", rather than simply to pursue or "woo". The definition I knew was outdated and obsolete. I suppose now the question would be, which version did the writer's intend?

Probably the one in the dictionary, which isn't yours. None of the official definitions imply any sort of long-duration or seriousness.
#52batwing321Posted 4/22/2013 6:19:21 PM
The simple, hopefully non-offensive reason is because of Lucina. If a female MU had variable skins tones and married Chrom, then Lucina would also have to account for the changes in skintone. After all, Lucina not only appears in the beginning where her lineage hasn't been determined, but also in the pre-rendered cinematics that are supposed to be neutral. That's why all the girls Chrom can marry have the same skintone range.
---
3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223
#53WebbOMGPosted 4/22/2013 9:05:33 PM(edited)
vagames posted...
WebbOMG posted...
vagames posted...

What is the point of this?

You don't understand the difference?

Being courted by men and women alike simply suggests that men and women approached him and attempted to woo him.

Him courting others implies that HE is initiating the exchange.

I understand now. The definition of the word has changed over time. I knew the word as "to be conducting a serious emotional relationship usually leading to marriage", rather than simply to pursue or "woo". The definition I knew was outdated and obsolete. I suppose now the question would be, which version did the writer's intend?

Others were courting (attempting to attract) HIM with the hope of engaging in a relationship.
He was not said to have engaged in such courtship himself, but to have been courted by others.

If I was to pursue a lovely woman with the intention of engaging in a serious relationship I would be considered one who is "courting" her. She doesn't have to return my affections before my actions would be considered courting.
---
The preceding were my own opinions and while I will stand and defend them, I always do my best to give both sides of any discussion a fair chance.
#54jguswPosted 4/23/2013 3:50:18 AM
This is pretty stupid. skin color is not the greatest racial indicator. There are people outside of Africa that have dark skin. Hell, I know some white people just as dark or darker than black people I know. The darkest people I ever saw were some of the Indian students I meet in college.

When will people stop pulling the race card? At least think logically about it first. Sigh.