Do you like Fog of War?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Do you like Fog of War?
3 years ago#1
Should they bring the Fog of War mechanic back in future installments? - Results (280 votes)
Yes
45% (126 votes)
No
27.5% (77 votes)
Yes, but only have it on higher difficulties
27.5% (77 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For me, Fog of War is one of the most annoying mechanics in Fire Emblem. Torches and thieves can help your cause, but I still think it hinders your ability to think tactically and plan ahead. What do you guys think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYYJF0c4VA
3 years ago#2
FoW is a pretty nice mechanic to put challenges on us, and I've never found it hard at all. Of course, I've never played Tharcia776.
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
3 years ago#3
Haven't experienced it (yet, I have been getting into pre-Awakening FE), but it seems like something that should only be seen in the highest difficulty settings.
FEA Board - Official Husbando of RNG Goddess Anna :3
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.
3 years ago#4
I don't particularly like it, but I wish it was still a thing. It adds a level of difficulty that you can't really replicate. Same goes for stuff like status staves.
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
3 years ago#5
F*** fog of war.
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction
3 years ago#6
Yes, but not for battles where the goal is to kill/rout all enemies.

I ****ing hated random battles in Sacred Stones where the battle wouldn't end until I groped around in the fog for a while just to trigger that last Revenant who won't move unless I'm in range...
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
3 years ago#7
RedMageKirby posted...
I don't particularly like it, but I wish it was still a thing. It adds a level of difficulty that you can't really replicate. Same goes for stuff like status staves.

this. after radiant dawn's P4-E, i was expecting more things based around status effects and boses, but the closest we got was death embrace
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
3 years ago#8
It didn't bother me too much, even on the hardest modes. Bring back the fog, get rid of the same-turn-attack reinforcements.
"I used to be an adventurer like you, but I took an arrow to the knee." - Whiterun Guard
3 years ago#9
RDS1 posted...
Yes, but not for battles where the goal is to kill/rout all enemies.

I ****ing hated random battles in Sacred Stones where the battle wouldn't end until I groped around in the fog for a while just to trigger that last Revenant who won't move unless I'm in range...

Absofreakinglutely. That seriously ticked me of in FE8. I wouldn't mind if they brought it back for the higher diffulculties though.
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
3 years ago#10
As long as every fog of war map at least gives you an option to grant extra vision (thief is playable for that map, torches are available, etc) then definitely
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALL.gif http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALR.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Do you like Fog of War?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived