Do you like Fog of War?

#1jimmyzeke13Posted 4/23/2013 5:42:43 PM
Should they bring the Fog of War mechanic back in future installments? - Results (280 votes)
Yes
45% (126 votes)
No
27.5% (77 votes)
Yes, but only have it on higher difficulties
27.5% (77 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For me, Fog of War is one of the most annoying mechanics in Fire Emblem. Torches and thieves can help your cause, but I still think it hinders your ability to think tactically and plan ahead. What do you guys think?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYYJF0c4VA
#2uuurrrgghPosted 4/23/2013 5:44:34 PM
FoW is a pretty nice mechanic to put challenges on us, and I've never found it hard at all. Of course, I've never played Tharcia776.
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#3SpikayaPosted 4/23/2013 5:47:42 PM(edited)
Haven't experienced it (yet, I have been getting into pre-Awakening FE), but it seems like something that should only be seen in the highest difficulty settings.
---
FEA Board - Official Husbando of RNG Goddess Anna :3
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.
#4RedMageKirbyPosted 4/23/2013 5:47:10 PM
I don't particularly like it, but I wish it was still a thing. It adds a level of difficulty that you can't really replicate. Same goes for stuff like status staves.
---
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#5SwordMasterEXPosted 4/23/2013 5:49:03 PM
F*** fog of war.
---
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction
#6RDS1Posted 4/23/2013 5:49:11 PM
Yes, but not for battles where the goal is to kill/rout all enemies.

I ****ing hated random battles in Sacred Stones where the battle wouldn't end until I groped around in the fog for a while just to trigger that last Revenant who won't move unless I'm in range...
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#7guedesbrawlPosted 4/23/2013 5:49:50 PM
RedMageKirby posted...
I don't particularly like it, but I wish it was still a thing. It adds a level of difficulty that you can't really replicate. Same goes for stuff like status staves.

this. after radiant dawn's P4-E, i was expecting more things based around status effects and boses, but the closest we got was death embrace
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#8GoldenPower89Posted 4/23/2013 5:50:51 PM
It didn't bother me too much, even on the hardest modes. Bring back the fog, get rid of the same-turn-attack reinforcements.
---
"I used to be an adventurer like you, but I took an arrow to the knee." - Whiterun Guard
#9Neosephiroth666Posted 4/23/2013 5:52:02 PM
RDS1 posted...
Yes, but not for battles where the goal is to kill/rout all enemies.

I ****ing hated random battles in Sacred Stones where the battle wouldn't end until I groped around in the fog for a while just to trigger that last Revenant who won't move unless I'm in range...

Absofreakinglutely. That seriously ticked me of in FE8. I wouldn't mind if they brought it back for the higher diffulculties though.
---
Darkness and light. Chaos and order. I will be the sword that severs the balance. Behold, the glimmering new world.
#10smash fanaticPosted 4/23/2013 5:54:54 PM
As long as every fog of war map at least gives you an option to grant extra vision (thief is playable for that map, torches are available, etc) then definitely
---
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALL.gif http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/DEALR.gif